Worst Thing You Found Out about on Facebook

Options

Replies

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My family has a private group page on Facebook, so when news needs to be shared that is considered serious, it's ok that we share it via Facebook.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When my mom announced my engagement before I had a chance to tell my friends and rest of the family.

Yes, that happened.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thankfully nothing about family, though I hear a lot about someone who considers them self a close friend on there as opposed to them actually contacting me personally!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My ex changed his status from 'married' to 'divorced' a year and a half before the actual divorce went through. Yes, we were separated at the time, but still...

We all know you were too good for him anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not on FB!!!!:laugh:

Me too, I have heard so many horror stories about FB that I stay away.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    My grandma posted on facebook that my grandfather died.

Oh....and that it apparently ISN'T ok to ask the guy who you are you listed "in a relationship" on his page to take down photos of himself on dates with other women. :angry:
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Deactivated my account an have never looked back. :)

this. too much drama
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That my boyfriend at the time, had a new girlfriend.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That my cousin's kid was diagnosed with juvenile leukemia. He's in remission now, but still...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

this. too much drama
    Not on my FB. It's all about the people you associate with and how you use it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Oh....and that it apparently ISN'T ok to ask the guy who you are you listed "in a relationship" on his page to take down photos of himself on dates with other women. :angry:

It isn't ok since you should no longer be talking to him. Douche!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I have a sister that lives out of state and I found out through Facebook that she was in a car accident and one of her little ones was with her.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Did you post the question on the photos or on his page or ask him in person? Either way I think that would be a red flag if someone asked me to take down pics of my history (unless you're in them; then you get to ask me to take them down) but if you asked on FB, then yeah, especially uncool. :laugh:

ETA: Wait, these are old pics, right? Or he's going on dates while you're supposed to be together and posting pics??
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ......that facebook still exists.....and people still live their lives vicariously through it \m/
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not on FB!!!!:laugh:

Me too, I have heard so many horror stories about FB that I stay away.
    If you associate with drama-filled people and you are a drama-filled person, you will have a lot of drama on FB (but you probably do IRL, too). If you are not that type and your friends and family are not that type, FB is perfectly fine.

I don't have drama on my FB at all. I have reconnected with friends I thought I would never see or hear from again (people who moved away in high school back before cell phones and the Internet made it so easy to keep in touch) and I also stay connected to friends and family literally all over the world in a way no other medium allows.

I love Facebook, even with its flaws.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I found out that I died 2 years ago...

You can imagine my shock o.0
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    A family friend and really good friend of my brother in particular passed away this past Saturday. My brother didn't tell the rest of the family (he was really sick at the time) so we found out on facebook.

My boyfriend found out his Ex was marrying some deadbeat with multiple divorces, garnishments, and evictions and moving him in with their kids after knowing each other a whopping seven months. Break ups are a bit^& without facebook, but having it just makes everything worse.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I found out that my uncle was having an affair. Actually, she's a second mistress. The wife and first mistress don't know about her. She wanted to go public with the relationship and started posting pics and tagging him.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

this. too much drama
    Not on my FB. It's all about the people you associate with and how you use it.

Yep! Delete and Block are my friends! Lol.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    That's how I found out about my mom's wedding.