Worst Thing You Found Out about on Facebook

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My grandma posted on facebook that my grandfather died.

Oh....and that it apparently ISN'T ok to ask the guy who you are you listed "in a relationship" on his page to take down photos of himself on dates with other women. :angry:

Did you post the question on the photos or on his page or ask him in person? Either way I think that would be a red flag if someone asked me to take down pics of my history (unless you're in them; then you get to ask me to take them down) but if you asked on FB, then yeah, especially uncool. :laugh:

ETA: Wait, these are old pics, right? Or he's going on dates while you're supposed to be together and posting pics??

I thought it was the second... If it's the first I agree with you. Guess we'll find out!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Thankfully there's no drama on my FB page. If people are posting hateful stuff, I just unfriend them. I don't have time or patience for all that stuff.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I found out my eldest son impregnated that woman he married and that she lost the baby. Several months later, I found out he (we're going on the assumption it was him, at this point) did it again. She is due in July sometime. He still hasn't told me. *shrug*

Best part? This is the FIRST grandchild out of three sons. Not sure this was how I envisioned it...but then I also envisioned him marrying an actual HUMAN BEING. :huh:

Maybe ^ this is why you found out through FB rather than him calling you or coming over to tell you in person. It's clear that you are not in support of the relationship and he probably didn't want to upset you.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I found out my eldest son impregnated that woman he married and that she lost the baby. Several months later, I found out he (we're going on the assumption it was him, at this point) did it again. She is due in July sometime. He still hasn't told me. *shrug*

Best part? This is the FIRST grandchild out of three sons. Not sure this was how I envisioned it...but then I also envisioned him marrying an actual HUMAN BEING. :huh:

Maybe ^ this is why you found out through FB rather than him calling you or coming over to tell you in person. It's clear that you are not in support of the relationship and he probably didn't want to upset you.

Thought the same thing. "That woman he married"... don't you mean "daughter-in-law"? Delightful.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Thought the same thing. "That woman he married"... don't you mean "daughter-in-law"? Delightful.
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought, "We don't know the back story."

She certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant MIL, but then I've seen new wives treat really wonderful in-laws like dirt and not allow their husbands any contact and the husbands go along with it. My fiance's ex-wife is like that. I've been with him nine years, so I know it is not the in-laws who are the problem.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I found my mom saying things about me other peoples pages. About how horrible I am as a daughter and mother. She even went on a public page, viewed by over 500k people, and said something negative about me under a comment I had made. I learned about that when I started getting messages from strangers saying, OMG...is that your mom? I feel for you, my mom is a ***** too. :frown:

OMG that is awful!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Well, now my Facebook is full of positive energy.

But, a few years ago I found out my then-boyfriend was cheating on me with multiple women AND bad mouthing me to said women (yes, they knew about me) while on vacation in France with MY family. Apparently, I was just an ego boost.

He has since been blocked from my page. It's been two years, months of blocking his phone number and he still drunk dials/texts me from time to time. I refuse to answer - I haven't spoken to him since the day he changed his status to "in a relationship" with another girl while trying to get me back.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My cousin Tommy and his wife Shirley perished in a house fire around 3 years ago. Their dog had apparently woken them up around 4am to get them out, but they were all overcome by smoke before they could escape. Tommy was 41 years old.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My cousin Tommy and his wife Shirley perished in a house fire around 3 years ago. Their dog had apparently woken them up around 4am to get them out, but they were all overcome by smoke before they could escape. Tommy was 41 years old.

Thats a terribly sad story. Just cursious, how does someone know the dog woke them up if they were all killed in the fire? I am not trying to troll or anything, just seriously curious.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    it wasn't a facebook thing but, my cousin calls me and tells me his boy is friends with my 16 yr old stepson on instagram and had told him about a pic stepson posted. It was a pic of a bud light can and a bonfire with the comment "having a blast at my friends this weekend" so, when stepson came home that weekend, I snatched his phone, got on his instagram and pulled up the pic. Turns out it was a pic I took 3 years ago and he told me he sent it from my phone to his one night when I went to sleep. I called my cousin back and told him "sorry bout that, he said it was his fiends beer and he didn't drink it but, I will keep my eye on him!" lol
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

Thats a terribly sad story. Just cursious, how does someone know the dog woke them up if they were all killed in the fire? I am not trying to troll or anything, just seriously curious.

The firemen found all three of them in the hallway. They assumed the dog had awoken them.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options

Oh....and that it apparently ISN'T ok to ask the guy who you are you listed "in a relationship" on his page to take down photos of himself on dates with other women. :angry:

Did you post the question on the photos or on his page or ask him in person? Either way I think that would be a red flag if someone asked me to take down pics of my history (unless you're in them; then you get to ask me to take them down) but if you asked on FB, then yeah, especially uncool. :laugh:

ETA: Wait, these are old pics, right? Or he's going on dates while you're supposed to be together and posting pics??

I thought it was the second... If it's the first I agree with you. Guess we'll find out!

He added me as "in a relationship" and then kept up photos of a one-time date with another girl. These were date photos which included bikini shots of her, candlelight dinner with his arm around her, and a photo caption saying "why is she smiling? Is it the wine or the good company?" I asked him to take them down after we'd been dating 9 months and I was sure she was out of the picture. I didn't ask him to take down photos with his ex-girlfriends or of girls he hung out with or travelled with before me because, I agree that asking someone to take down their history isn't fair. But leaving up bikini shots of a one time date? My asking him to take them down resulted in a huge fight and him blocking me from his facebook page since my request was so unreasonable.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That I have multiple half siblings who know I exist. As far as I knew, my half brother was the only one who knew about me as I had been around him many times when we were little kids. I never figured deadbeat sp**m donor (or as some people would call him, "dad") ever talked to the rest of his kids about me; although I have a suspicion it was my grandmother and not him. Over the course of several months, I received friend requests and messages from a few of them. Talk about being surprised!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

He added me as "in a relationship" and then kept up photos of a one-time date with another girl. These were date photos which included bikini shots of her, candlelight dinner with his arm around her, and a photo caption saying "why is she smiling? Is it the wine or the good company?" I asked him to take them down after we'd been dating 9 months and I was sure she was out of the picture. I didn't ask him to take down photos with his ex-girlfriends or of girls he hung out with or travelled with before me because, I agree that asking someone to take down their history isn't fair. But leaving up bikini shots of a one time date? My asking him to take them down resulted in a huge fight and him blocking me from his facebook page since my request was so unreasonable.

Keeping the pimp hand strong.
  • patricia13ornelas
    Options
    Hahahaha! good one
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing, but then I thought, "We don't know the back story."

She certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant MIL, but then I've seen new wives treat really wonderful in-laws like dirt and not allow their husbands any contact and the husbands go along with it. My fiance's ex-wife is like that. I've been with him nine years, so I know it is not the in-laws who are the problem.

My oldest son't ex-wife and current wife are like that. ^^^^

The worst thing I ever found out on FB was that my extended family wanted to "reconnect" with me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My friends are separated. She took the baby to her mom's because her husband cheated on her. Oh, and the woman he cheated with has a tattoo that says, "White Trash Beautiful." Lovely.
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Facebook! Seriously, why does anyone even need it? It's nothing but a site for attention and all it does is break up marriages and relationships. So many people are addicted! What a shame you all can't live without it. Do yourselves a favor and delete your profiles. :)
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    That my ex was cheating on me
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    I am no longer on that site. To much drama