craziest-weirdest things seen at the gym

Options
While I was working out on my lunch break another lady came in into the women only area I didn't pay much attention as I was to busy concentrating on what I was doing. I saw he get onto the elliptical and next thing I see is starting to drink a hot coffee.... I don't know if its just me but that is odd. As I am already hot from the workout I could never picture adding a hot bevie lol

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    The one that stands out is the guy doing lateral raises (yes, the shoulder isolation ones) in the squat rack.

Oh, and the crazy chick who ducked under the end of my barbell as I was about to drop down into a squat.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Ha! I hear many people say the drink coffee before a workout, but I'm not sure about during lol

It's probably not all that strange, but it did make me giggle inside. I was lifting a couple of days ago, and there were 2 guys behind me using the precor pulley machines (not sure the actual name). Anyway, they were big guys! Not sure what they were doing but they had a chair in between the 2 machines that one would sit on, and they used a pulley from each side and were criss crossing their arms in front. They were motivating each other when I hear one guy say to the other "your a big strong man!" Something about that just sounded really funny at the time. It still makes me giggle a little.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    older lady on the elliptical wearing black panty hose, long (not long enough) black T-Shirt and bright white runners...
    Something is missing in this picture.
  • maddoxsmama12
    Options
    I would laugh so hard at both those I wouldn't be able to finish my workout
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    The old guy in the short shorts with no underwear *shudder *
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Willow killing it in the squat rack....it was weird and unexpected:

1806268-willow_warwick_davies.jpg
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    A chick in a dress on the elliptical.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My first time to the gym I took Diet Coke in a Styrofoam cup.

I knew it would be odd, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $1 on a bottle of water.

That was a very long time ago.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A guy who looks just like Drake and does batting swings at himself in the mirror between sets.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Signs outside each cardio room in a 5-star gym "NO WATER BOTTLES ALLOWED IN GYM". :huh:

Along with that sign, is "NO CHEWING GUM ALOWED IN GYM"

:angry:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    . They were motivating each other when I hear one guy say to the other "your a big strong man!" Something about that just sounded really funny at the time. It still makes me giggle a little.

I think I would have had to turn around and gawk at that one ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    There's an "eccentric" guy at my gym who usually wears a purple tank top with some kind of 80's style print pants. The pants also allow you to see a clear outline of his junk.

It's really weird
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    7 AM Saturday- you're damn right I'm drinking coffee between sets!!! Totally normal for me- actually I see people with coffee all the time at the gym. shrug- never bothered me or gave me a pause to even think twice.

A chick in a dress on the elliptical.

Older Asian lady in a dress on the good girl/bad girl machine.

I am so not even kidding.

um- girl going flat to the ground- feet on the wall- then walking her feet/hands backwards- till she is belly flat to the wall...
    oh wait- that was me working on wall walk ups.

the queen who does very aggressive hip driven ab work on the stability ball- nuts to everyone so they can see him pounding the air from the ball.

yes- he does it on purpose.
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A man shaving his legs in the sauna. The women singing at the top of voice to every song on her IPod & doing the actions while on the bicycles for an hour.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    could be worse... you could have to walk past them in the locker rooms while they flex

naked :(
    Oh God, why the hell do they do that, nobody wants to see that ****, or they stand naked in front of the mirror while blow drying what little hair they have.
    For god's sake at least wrap a towel round you.

Back on topic:
    Somebody doing crunches on a pulldown machine, must have really hurt as well because their back was only half supported.
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    There is a lady that dances with her arms while on the eliptical. She will look around and smile at the people that are watching her.

Then there is a guy that comes in and he is about 45 or 50 and he is wearing the 1970's short shorts and tube socks.

WTF!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Young, hot guy sitting on the edge of the hot tub wearing white shorts which became COMPLETELY transparent when wet...and nothing underneath. And he kept splashing his crotch with water. And this apparently turned him on a little...
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    ahhh....I miss the good ole gym days. Like when older santa bearded guy comes in with his wranglers, cowboy hat...changes into his cut off jeans, sits down and meditates for 30 minutes before his workout. And the 300+ lb guy that would just come in, talk to his buddies for a little while, then leave. I'm thinking his wife must have him on orders to go to the gym so he complies. I also miss the bubbly pigtails yoga pants bearing girl that used to treadmill in front of me. sure, I creeped a little. Now the most weird thing I've seen in my garage gym is a field mouse come into the garage, stare at me on the elliptical for a few moments and then scurry out. I'm sure he was thinking "that sure is a big hamster on that spinning thing!"
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    There is a lady that dances with her arms while on the eliptical. She will look around and smile at the people that are watching her.

Then there is a guy that comes in and he is about 45 or 50 and he is wearing the 1970's short shorts and tube socks.

WTF!

^the dancing lady on the elliptical reminds me of the Michelle Jenneke gif :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10025-1342713765-7.gif
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Not really at the gym, but there is an older guy who runs 15Ks around here who is probably in his mid 50s, very lean and wears spandex running short shorts (leopard print) and a crop top spandex shirt that only comes about to his nipples and a sweat band. I think he only wears the shirt to pin a number to. Its one of those, "I can't look, but I can't help myself"...kind of like a car wreck. Its both humorous and disturbing. lol