craziest-weirdest things seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sauna suits get an eye roll out of me every time. I see it about once every few months. Never the same person. And I never see the sauna suit wearer again.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes it is a natural reaction the hormones and endorphin's released during lifting but this guy always worked out the same time I did, and he lifted heavy, heavy. HE ALWAYS got an erection, every time he lifted. Like a full blown hard on...always creeped me out.

Some pre-workout powders will cause this effect. We tease a guy at work because the stuff he got for improved blood flow to muscles is also used for other 'issues' involving blood flow.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A chick in uggs and a fur coat on the treadmill!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    There is an older lady at my gym who wears a bathrobe...while on the elliptical.

One time, I took my earbuds out for a second; and a guy walks right by me whistling Blondie's One Way Or Another. I kinda lol-ed.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I frequently bring a hot coffee with me into my gym area.

Okay, with that admission, back to catch up on this thread. These never fail to enteratin.
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    There is a lady that dances with her arms while on the eliptical. She will look around and smile at the people that are watching her.

Then there is a guy that comes in and he is about 45 or 50 and he is wearing the 1970's short shorts and tube socks.

WTF!

^the dancing lady on the elliptical reminds me of the Michelle Jenneke gif :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10025-1342713765-7.gif

I really like this PDF in a way that's almost disturbing to me.

Thinking someone looks great isn't a bad thing, is it?

ETA: Apparently I like it so much it made me forget the difference between PDF and GIF Hee hee hee

I absolutely love the look on the face of the girl behind her. She does not look happy.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Chick put clips on the Smith machine.

Oh wait, that was me, my first time at the gym.

Now I'm the weird chick who leaves her shoes in the lockers and lifts in socks. Sometimes I get grief about it, but it's better than pretty much anything.

ETA: I don't use clips on anything anymore.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The women singing at the top of voice to every song on her IPod & doing the actions while on the bicycles for an hour.

OMG are you at my gym?? I do this ALL the time without even realizing I'm doing it that's how zoned I can get!!!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    A guy working out in jeans with a belt and a shirt. I just couldn't understand it...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    There is a lady that dances with her arms while on the eliptical. She will look around and smile at the people that are watching her.

Then there is a guy that comes in and he is about 45 or 50 and he is wearing the 1970's short shorts and tube socks.

WTF!

ETA: Apparently I like it so much it made me forget the difference between PDF and GIF Hee hee hee

She really is mesmerizing, isn't she...
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    So I'm sorta going to tell on myself. A few years ago I was at the gym with my husband. I walked into the women's locker room only to discover that I had accidentally walked into the men's locker room. As soon as I discovered my mistake I hurriedly turned on my heel to beat a hasty retreat only to come face to face with one of my husband's supervisors. Since we made eye contact I couldn't act like I hadn't seen him so I casually waved and said, "Hi, Michael," as I nearly ran out of there.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

WTF!

If that made you happy, try this one on for size.

• kleinepfoten
    Options
    Tell singing guy that if he can still sing, he's not working hard enough!
  • poliver319
    Options
    How about some chic working on the ab machine wearing heals....I couldn't stop looking.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    At the gym where we used to live there was this nice elderly man came up to the bench while I was bench pressing, put his foot on the bench beside me, facing me, started to stretch, and one of his balls fell out of his shorts about 2 feet from my face.

The other day, a lady was at the assisted dip station, and she was pushing down on the dip assister with her foot and doing reps of 10 for each leg. One foot on the platform, one on the assister, and no hands on the dip station at all.

A couple weeks ago, the gym was empty, and a guy came in singing at the top of his lungs and loaded up all 6 of the barbells with 45 pound plates and then left.

Saturday, a guy was doing barbell curls on a bosu ball.

Today, a lady got on the leg press machine, set it for the lowest weight, pulled out a book and did reps for several minutes without stopping.
  • dlouieeeee
    dlouieeeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Old guy sits down at the lat pull-down machine, busts out his nail clipper, and goes to town. I'm not sure whether the nails were flying or what, but I walked as far away as possible while still viewing this spectacle. The sound of the clipping really crawled underneath my skin. WHAT THE HELL?!?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Someone spinning with the seat too far forward and kept bashing their knees into the handlebars.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Someone spinning with the seat too far forward and kept bashing their knees into the handlebars.

Why didn't they just adjust the seat and handlebars further apart???
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Once when I was on the treadmill I saw a lady checking out another lady on the elliptical drinking her coffee. It was weird.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Why didn't they just adjust the seat and handlebars further apart???

What is this magic? Wizards.