craziest-weirdest things seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    - AssClown 1- Guy who would get into the incline bench press by jumping over the top and sliding down between the chair and the bar
    - AssClown 1 - Same guy who after the set, would hang on the chin up bar and have his partner punch his abs

- AssClown2 - loads the bar with far too many plates (5&1/2 each side) of the bench, then three spotters grunt it out while he 'benches' with a 3 inch range of motion

- guy who would wear a purple rubber skin-tight suit to train in, like in Sprockets!

- five finger toe shoes! gag!

- smoking the second someone leaves the gym
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    No joke, last week lady was on the stationary bike and was knitting a blanket. :huh:
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    OK, so there is this lady at my gym that works out in her regular clothing and by that I mean things like dress slack, shoes with heals, big gold jewelry. Last week she was working out with a fur vest on. She's probably in her early 70's, so kudos to her for getting to the gym........but doesn't she at least own one pair of sweats!?!?
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym who wears nothing but mesh shirts. He is built, but I just find it funny that he would wear mesh shirts.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    OK, so there is this lady at my gym that works out in her regular clothing and by that I mean things like dress slack, shoes with heals, big gold jewelry. Last week she was working out with a fur vest on. She's probably in her early 70's, so kudos to her for getting to the gym........but doesn't she at least own one pair of sweats!?!?

I have one of these at my gym too. I think it's adorable. She rocks pig tails too. I hope to be that adorable when I am in my 70's. I think its a generation thing. My grandmother never left the house unless she was dressed to impress and had red lipstick on. Haha.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    There was a chick who was walking on the treadmill in cowgirl boots. WTH!!!!!!
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Little old Chinese lady who touches herself in the sauna , she makes the noises and everything , it's god awful and literally clears the sauna out!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love the guy who skips on the treadmill...I understand skipping is legit exercise, but it still makes me giggle
  • SnugglePuggles
    Options
    Worked at a gym so I have seen lots of crazy stuff. But this one takes the cake: Guy doing squats sh*ts in his pants. Everyone sees it, he knew it happened, and yet, he still kept working out. When he laid down to do bench press, I can't imagine how it must have went up his back. I had to ask him to leave for sanitation reasons. Then I had to clean it!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    oops
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    No joke, last week lady was on the stationary bike and was knitting a blanket. :huh:

Your point? :laugh:

(I'm pretty good at knitting while stationery but there's no way I could do it while moving.)
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    older lady on the elliptical wearing black panty hose, long (not long enough) black T-Shirt and bright white runners...
    Something is missing in this picture.

Cannot be unseen

sorry! I forgot my pants
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    Worked at a gym so I have seen lots of crazy stuff. But this one takes the cake: Guy doing squats sh*ts in his pants. Everyone sees it, he knew it happened, and yet, he still kept working out. When he laid down to do bench press, I can't imagine how it must have went up his back. I had to ask him to leave for sanitation reasons. Then I had to clean it!!

Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I guess I was/am the crazy person... I used to take dance so when I listen to music I start choreographing in my head and then I start marking it. I do this sometimes when I am out running too. :blushing:

I did not witness this personally but someone I know snapped a picture and sent it: a girl eating an ice cream cone while on the stationary bike. My understanding was she was not peddling much and then left after she finished her ice cream.
  • hpheath
    hpheath Posts: 41 Member
    Options

You win.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    - five finger toe shoes! gag!

:cry: I wear these to lift in, they're comfy and I find they feel grippier than my trainers for lifting. They freak my mate out for some reason too. Its only like gloves for your feet :wink:

Weirdest I've seen was someone jump off the treadmill leaving it running, assume a press up position in the isle between the rows of machines by the still running treadmill and then put their feet onto the treadmill and kind of walk their feet backwards whilst still in a press up position. Still not sure what they were trying to achieve!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    There is a lady that dances with her arms while on the eliptical. She will look around and smile at the people that are watching her.

Then there is a guy that comes in and he is about 45 or 50 and he is wearing the 1970's short shorts and tube socks.

WTF!

^the dancing lady on the elliptical reminds me of the Michelle Jenneke gif :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10025-1342713765-7.gif

I really like this PDF in a way that's almost disturbing to me.

Thinking someone looks great isn't a bad thing, is it?

ETA: Apparently I like it so much it made me forget the difference between PDF and GIF Hee hee hee
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    A dude making kissy faces at himself in the mirror. It was :sick:
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Willow killing it in the squat rack....it was weird and unexpected:

1806268-willow_warwick_davies.jpg

i wonder... do his reps only count as half?

I'm going to hell.