craziest-weirdest things seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A woman standing at the sink perfecting her makeup and doing her hair with a curling iron. I assumed she was on her way out of the gym, but no - after that she came out to the gym and started working out. I think the place was a singles bar to her.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    A woman standing at the sink perfecting her makeup and doing her hair with a curling iron. I assumed she was on her way out of the gym, but no - after that she came out to the gym and started working out. I think the place was a singles bar to her.

my cousin does this..
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

that's hot.

Gets my stamp of approval
  • manoorman
    Options
    My boyfriend got done with his workout the other day and walked into the locker room to find a bare naked, elderly, Asian man just hanging out and eating a banana, watching everyone change.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    7 AM Saturday- you're damn right I'm drinking coffee between sets!!! Totally normal for me- actually I see people with coffee all the time at the gym. shrug- never bothered me or gave me a pause to even think twice.

A chick in a dress on the elliptical.

Older Asian lady in a dress on the good girl/bad girl machine.

I am so not even kidding.

um- girl going flat to the ground- feet on the wall- then walking her feet/hands backwards- till she is belly flat to the wall...
    oh wait- that was me working on wall walk ups.

the queen who does very aggressive hip driven ab work on the stability ball- nuts to everyone so they can see him pounding the air from the ball.

yes- he does it on purpose.

giphy.gif

ETA: I think my favorite is the "good girl/bad girl machine" - never heard that before but it is absolutely clear which machine you mean! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not really weird, but i did shake my head. Older lady in her 70's wearing a Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt on the next treadmill and absolutely smoking me with her pace! That was awesome/sad.
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    OK, so there is this lady at my gym that works out in her regular clothing and by that I mean things like dress slack, shoes with heals, big gold jewelry. Last week she was working out with a fur vest on. She's probably in her early 70's, so kudos to her for getting to the gym........but doesn't she at least own one pair of sweats!?!?

I have one of these at my gym too. I think it's adorable. She rocks pig tails too. I hope to be that adorable when I am in my 70's. I think its a generation thing. My grandmother never left the house unless she was dressed to impress and had red lipstick on. Haha.
    aww, that sounds too cute! maybe you are right about it being a generational thing. Older ladies always seem so put together.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This makes me realize that I really don't pay attention to other people at the gym. Then again I am not big on paying attention to others around me in general. I suppose I am in my own little world all too often. 3

Now I might have to glance around now and again. I feel like I am missin out on good "what the monkey" material.

Fun post!
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes it is a natural reaction the hormones and endorphin's released during lifting but this guy always worked out the same time I did, and he lifted heavy, heavy. HE ALWAYS got an erection, every time he lifted. Like a full blown hard on...always creeped me out.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Ha! I hear many people say the drink coffee before a workout, but I'm not sure about during lol

It's probably not all that strange, but it did make me giggle inside. I was lifting a couple of days ago, and there were 2 guys behind me using the precor pulley machines (not sure the actual name). Anyway, they were big guys! Not sure what they were doing but they had a chair in between the 2 machines that one would sit on, and they used a pulley from each side and were criss crossing their arms in front. They were motivating each other when I hear one guy say to the other "your a big strong man!" Something about that just sounded really funny at the time. It still makes me giggle a little.

Cable cross overs and the quote is from a commercial.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    There was a lady reading a book while in my spinning class. Somehow she figured she'd get the same burn while reading. The teacher got pissed and told her to knock it off. lol
  • sunitar292
    sunitar292 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes it is a natural reaction the hormones and endorphin's released during lifting but this guy always worked out the same time I did, and he lifted heavy, heavy. HE ALWAYS got an erection, every time he lifted. Like a full blown hard on...always creeped me out.

:laugh:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    - AssClown 1- Guy who would get into the incline bench press by jumping over the top and sliding down between the chair and the bar
    - AssClown 1 - Same guy who after the set, would hang on the chin up bar and have his partner punch his abs

- AssClown2 - loads the bar with far too many plates (5&1/2 each side) of the bench, then three spotters grunt it out while he 'benches' with a 3 inch range of motion

- guy who would wear a purple rubber skin-tight suit to train in, like in Sprockets!

- five finger toe shoes! gag!

- smoking the second someone leaves the gym

Five finger toe shoes are actually good to work out in. I work out barefoot but a lot of gyms don't allow that.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    There is a lady that dances with her arms while on the eliptical. She will look around and smile at the people that are watching her.

Then there is a guy that comes in and he is about 45 or 50 and he is wearing the 1970's short shorts and tube socks.

WTF!

all I could imagine was this... on an elliptical

prancercise.gif

I'm pretty sure this lady's twin was on the elliptical in front of me last Saturday, except that her hair was pinned up 80s style in a french twist with a giant gold clip, she was wearing jeans, and (my favorite part) she had a hip pack on... but it was on her front.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

This is the real reason why compression shorts exist.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    While I was working out on my lunch break another lady came in into the women only area I didn't pay much attention as I was to busy concentrating on what I was doing. I saw he get onto the elliptical and next thing I see is starting to drink a hot coffee.... I don't know if its just me but that is odd. As I am already hot from the workout I could never picture adding a hot bevie lol
    LOL I saw the same thing once too! Guy had a insulated cup with coffee in it, drank from it while on a stationary bike.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    There used to be this man who lived at my old gym (really, it's 24 hour fitness so plenty of people do actually live there). He would do hours-long bouts of intense stretching, and make high-pitched sort-of mewling noises, like a kitten, the whole time. It was pretty disturbing. I wanted to ask him to stop, but you know, I was a guest in his home...
  • leanme28
    leanme28 Posts: 53
    Options
    Few years ago when I was a Gym rat, went to the changing room to hear a guy next-door wanking!!!
    Still traumatized since!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I was the weirdo with the coffee on the stationary bike this morning. ;-) It's my warm-up and pre-workout for lifting.

My fellow weirdos were all doing very entertaining things today:

1) guy who does tricep-dips while dangling his feet on a moving treadmill, backwards.

2) guy who uses every single plate on the cables but the proceeds to walk his feet up the backboard. He then straightens his arms, feet still on the backboard and uses some sort of fancy bouncing system to lift the plates 1 inch.

3) Barefoot jesus trainer who lounges roman emperor style on every bench and eats hardboiled eggs as his clients look like they are about to kill themselves

4) lady who washes her clothes in the shower and dries them in the sauna while working out

*edit for typo