Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ October '10

Options
123457»

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all and Happy hump day! Today I completed another Billy Blank's workout. It's called Billy Blank's boot camp. It's similar to yesterday workout except it's longer and resistance bands are not used. I really worked up a sweat on that one.

Jam: You're so right about trying them out when possible because I don't think I'll be investing in the Hip Hop Ab series. It just did not move me the way I thought it would. I prefer Shaun T in Insanity over the Hip Hop abs.....I don't just seems kind of corny. Now Billy Blanks has been working me the past two days and I like the pace of the workouts.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,952 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: my friend who walks with me on Wednesdays is on vacation so i got DH to go for a walk with me....then I puttered in the garden for an hour and I've been riding the exercise bike on and off while watching the World Series.....all that along with yoga and line dance in the morning has gathered me a ton of exercise calories which is a great thing since DH made lunch that included a giant sweet potato, salmon patty, and salad.:flowerforyou: he bought real butter but I just used the butter spray.:bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today I completed the Core-week 2 dvd from the Kettleworx series.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

How did you do for October? Didn't seem harder than September? lol

Do you have any special plans to fight off Halloween and all candy that will be around?

Luckily, we don't have trick or treaters out where I live. It is too rural. I miss the kiddos all dressed up. The little ones are always such a treat.

October was a rough month for me. The kids both had too much going on at school and outside of school for me to stay in my usual routine. This week will be quieter, so I have time to get back on track for November.

Have a great weekend and good luck with your calories and exercise.

JAM(Jeannie)

I didn't have much of a net loss for October, but I think the scale is starting to move in the right direction. I have been consistently inconsistent so the scale has been fluctuating lately. However, I didn't gain when I was on vacation. Also I got a gym membership and my Saturday Zumba classes are starting back up.

We don't have Trick or Treaters either, so no candy at the house. The holidays are full of temptation at work, though. Last year, I was challenged to not eat any sweets for a week right before Christmas. I met the challenge and that is probably what helped save me through the holidays. I do so much better if I just don't take the first bite.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: my day raced by as I got up too late for yoga and had to rush to get to line dance, then it was my day at the dentist, a more than 30 minute drive each way, x-rays of all my teeth, then a super cleaning that required numbing half my mouth....dinner and then a gathering of friends that gave me the opportunity to talk to my friend who gave me the eight boxes of apples and pears last year (some of you may remember all the applesauce I made)....now I have a date to go to her house tomorrow to get more apples to make more applesauce :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: We had more than 40 trick or treaters at our house last year and we gave out quarters.....we'll do that again so we don't have to deal with having candy in the house......I'll be going to a line dance Halloween costume party on Sunday and there will be treats but I'll dance far away from the treat table.

:flowerforyou: Marilla, I agree with you about staying away from the first bite....I know how to eat absolutely no candy and I know how to eat the whole bag, but I don't know how to have just one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy, Happy, Happy Friday everyone! I have no plans this weekend and I'm really looking forward to just relaxing. Today I completed the Cardio-week 5 dvd from the Kettleworx series. I actually liked this workout so I could definitely see myself completing it again.

Barbie: Your day seemed absolutely packed. The quarters instead of candy is a great idea. I don't really participate in the Halloween festivities so there will be no candy given out at my house and there are no decorations. While I love the candy the holiday as a whole is not generally my thing.

Perhaps we should have some type of no candy challenge this year to keep us on track through the major holidays. I'm not sure how it should be set up but perhaps something to keep us on track til Thanksgiving and then another to help us til Xmas.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    a holiday challenge or goal or check-in or something sounds good to me.
    candy is not a problem for me as much as pie, stuffing, gravy, chips and dips, etc. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

today I wear my pumpkin costume to line dance :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Hope everyone's weekend is going well. I've had a very relaxed day and plan on having an even more relaxing night. Since my day started late I decided to complete my workout in conjunction with completing my weekend errands. I parked my car at the local Walgreens and jogged 1.2 miles to the local Walmart. Once at the Walmart I did a little shopping and then walked 1.2 miles back to my car. So today I jogged/walked for a total of 2.4 miles.

Barbie: ALL junk food is my problem. I LOVE it all....chocolate, candy, pie, cake, chips, dip although chips have been my preferred food lately, specifically Jalapeno Tostitos and Ranch Doritos.....really don't know what that's all about.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween everyone!

Best wishes to all resisting all the candy and treats associated with this holiday.

We don't get any trick or treaters where we live. But, we did get invited to a dinner party tonight. I don't think there will be too much junk food there. Our friends are usually a pretty healthy place to go for any holiday.

I made it to the gym this week and hope to get back to twice a week.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Halloween everyone! Today I jogged 2.5 miles on the streets of GA. In my opinion jogging on the street feels very different than jogging on the trails at the park. I struggled on today's jog. The sidewalks were very uneven and I couldn't jog in the street b/c my jogging route is on very busy streets. Despite it all I stayed the course and completed the workout.

I have eaten lunch and am now watching football.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I walked the dogs and did yoga this morning.....in a few minutes I'll put on my pumpkin costume and go to a three hour line dance party....by the time I get home the trick-or-treaters will be coming.

Happy Halloween :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Today I completed another Billy Blanks dvd. I'm still hodgepodging my workouts because I really do not know what program I want to complete next. Since I have a variety of dvds I'm just going with whatever I feel on that particular day, so, some workouts will be longer and more intense than others. I think I might be getting burned out so I'm going to just go with the flow for the remainder of the year and start fresh in 2011. I will continue to workout daily but am not going to allow myself to get overwhelmed.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday. Today I decided to head to they gym just to break up the monotony of using the dvds and I completed High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) on the elliptical and treadmill machines. On the elliptical the crossramp remained at level 10 while I switched between resistance level 4 for recovery and level 10 for intensity. On the treadmill the incline remained on level 8 while I switched between a recovery speed of 4.4 and an intensity speed of 5.4.

This was a great workout and my body feels good.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy hump day! Today I completed the Core-week 1 dvd from the Kettleworx series AND the Push Circuit 1 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Just one more work day before the weekend begins....Yippee.....Yippee. So I'm competing in another MFP fitness challenge were the goal is to either exercise for 360 minutes a week or burn between 2500-3500 calories per week using a HRM. Since my HRM is no longer working and I don't tend to burn a whole lot of calories I opted for the 360 minutes per week of exercise. This challenge has forced me to "up my game" and I'm hoping it will help take off these last 2-4 lbs. I'll admit the Chalean Extreme program and the Kettleworx series has gotten me very comfortable with working out for only 30 minutes so Ive really had to work at adding more exercise. I'm so happy that I've invested in a variety of dvds/programs b/c it really allows me to switch things up. I'm going to try this for the remainder of the year and then determine if another program is needed.

Today I completed the Burn Intervals dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and the Core-week 2 dvd from the Kettleworx series for a total of 67 minutes.

WHERE ARE ALL MY FIT AND FUN SIZED GALS.......IT'S BEEN A LONELY WEEK HERE WITHOUT YOU ALL!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hey Chocolickkyss....good job with upping the ante on your workouts. I've done Chalean Extreme and I really like the Burn Intervals workout. I'm actually going to start the Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid myself. I'm hoping that will bring me ALOT closer to my goal weight...or actually GET ME to my goal weight!! Keep up the great work!

I, myself have had an up and down week. I'm up 1.5 lbs. I made some bad food choices a couple days ago and it shows on the scale. I know it's not alot but it's frustrating. But I take ownership and did better the last couple days. I'm not going to weigh myself again til Monday...my usual weigh in. Hoping I can get back down.

Hope everyone else is having a better week!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Sorry I have been missing. As usual it is hectic around here.

Here is the link to the thread for November: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132143-fit-fun-sized-group-november-10

Let's all try and think of a challenge for November.

Have a great Friday and good luck as we head into the weekend.

JAM