Options

Replies

• beleeLafter
    Options
    Just wax. You'll thank me later.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i find it interesting that some people say to use cooler water. if i use cool water, i get skin irritations and razor burn all over! the only thing that works for me is soaking in the hot tub for at least 10 mins, then shaving while there is steam in the room. as soon as my skin gets cool, the shave doesnt work anymore. i cant even shave in the shower for that reason, so im pretty helpless if i visit someone and they dont have a bathtub! :P

and i use a gilette quattro for women, regular gilette shaving gel and regular body lotion afterwards. also, after shaving privates (only do it at night), no panties for the night to give the skin a break.
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through the entire thread, so i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this to you or not, but their is a shaving cream called Coochy cream..yes..coochy cream..its typically sold by companies like Pure Romance, but you can order it online. it can be used on all areas of the body and is amazing. You'll never have ingrown hairs or razor bumps again. Its a tad bit pricey but a little bit goes a long way. This stuff really is genius.
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Women; You do NOT need to shave your pudenda. No reason to, there isn't a man in the world who will throw you out of bed for being natural, and even if a guy would prefer it bald, so what?. It's your body and your convenience, not his. If for some reason you do want it shaved, don't waste the money on waxing, etc., just hand your SO a bowl of warm water, a Venus razor, and a smile, and he'll be more than happy to do it, and probably both of you will have fun with it afterwards.

I legitimately enjoy getting waxed and the cost isn't an issue for me, plus it stays smoother longer than shaving. The thought of having my lady parts shaved by my partner doesn't appeal to me at all, honestly.

As far as keeping things bald goes, I do take my man's input but I would keep it that way even if he didn't have an opinion on it because I like it that way :drinker:

I completely agree with you, its not about what he wants at all..I prefer things shaven/waxed ..just seems cleaner..and more comfortable. But i couldn't imagine having my partner do it for me...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about a girl with underarm hair

And there's nothing sexy about misogyny either but that hasn't stopped you.

giphy.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about a girl with underarm hair

Im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about creepy auld men telling girls what they should and should not do with their own bodies in order for them to be sexually appealing to him

apparently reading comprehension isnt too high on your list of things either cause nowhere did i say you should or shouldnt. i merely stated my opinion.

whether you attract the boys or not is of little to no consequence to my forming my opinion

you assume that women with body hair are incapable of attracting *boys*?

lol gross manpinions are gross -- just my opinion

Even if I weren't married, I would have no desire to attract *boys* for any purpose. :flowerforyou:

:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't shave except for special occasions *hippie*

Here's to hippies! :drinker: :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Women; You do NOT need to shave your pudenda. No reason to, there isn't a man in the world who will throw you out of bed for being natural, and even if a guy would prefer it bald, so what?. It's your body and your convenience, not his. If for some reason you do want it shaved, don't waste the money on waxing, etc., just hand your SO a bowl of warm water, a Venus razor, and a smile, and he'll be more than happy to do it, and probably both of you will have fun with it afterwards.

I legitimately enjoy getting waxed and the cost isn't an issue for me, plus it stays smoother longer than shaving. The thought of having my lady parts shaved by my partner doesn't appeal to me at all, honestly.

As far as keeping things bald goes, I do take my man's input but I would keep it that way even if he didn't have an opinion on it because I like it that way :drinker:

I completely agree with you, its not about what he wants at all..I prefer things shaven/waxed ..just seems cleaner..and more comfortable. But i couldn't imagine having my partner do it for me...

^^ Don't knock it until you try it. There are some areas that are simply easier if someone else is doing it for you.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    i understand that can be sexy and erotic but i would have to be blitzed out of my mind on black tar heroin to allow someone who isnt a dr to be that close with a razor down there

You aren't helping your case any with this post! :laugh:
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should look into getting a safety razor then. Multiblade razors have Dull/Sharp blades. Dull pulls on the hair and the sharp cuts it. Which is okay in most circumstances but sometimes it will cut hairs below the skin which cause ingrowns.

Safety razors are single bladed but easy to use and soooo much cheaper. 15 bucks for 100 blades? Hrm!

While I understand I'm a guy though. I do know a lot about shaving and I've been wet shaving for a long time now. Never have problems with my skin anymore ;)

Yeah I'm guessing men have some experience with it too, lol. Maybe I should just look into those. I'm just getting so desperate, but I want a close shave too. Seriously it's a pain!

A good wet shave does take like 5 minutes more prep but it does get a super close shave. It's pretty much the same as using a straight razor. (Which is an excellent method too especially on the legs.)

lol a good wet shave does not take 5 minutes to prep. Wash face in hot water, apply shaving foam/soap/gel.......that's it!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

^^ Don't knock it until you try it. There are some areas that are simply easier if someone else is doing it for you.
    I would not allow my fiance to do it. He has some issues understanding that lady parts are more sensitive than manly parts.

There's a scene in one of the 50 Shades novels where the stalker shaves the insecure, simpering idiot's lady parts and some other simpering idiot with a blog who loves those books wrote about that scene and was absolutely scanalized over it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, but have swimmer's habits after competing and coaching.

Anything I need to shave is first trimmed with electric clippers to the bare minimum. Skin is then soaked (hot shower etc.), a clean blade on the razor and one stroke with, then one stroke against the grain removes it all. I don't use shaving cream* because I honestly find it makes it harder to shave, but I apply aftershave to my face afterward, and moisturiser elsewhere as it helps to prevent ingrown hairs.

Edit to add: *I just use hot water.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I hate hair on me...I'm a hairless wonder and I like it this way for myself, not for anyone other then me :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i understand that can be sexy and erotic but i would have to be blitzed out of my mind on black tar heroin to allow someone who isnt a dr to be that close with a razor down there

i didnt realize i was trying to make a case

also awesome you posted the burn pic for someone using a word whose meaning she had no clue what it meant, so i guess youre in the same category as her...
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Uh I actually use conditioner or body wash to shave with - goes on smooth, never use shaving cream. I'll use dove soap if I have to. Razor blades I just use any type really, but I like Gillette Venus Sensitive disposable razors.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't shave except for special occasions *hippie*

Ditto.

Except my armpits. I can't stand having hair there. But, it takes less than 10 seconds to dry shave the area in the morning, so it's worth it. Everything else? Meh.

See, and that's the opposite of me. I shave, except my armpits. I have psorasis, so I can shave them if I go through an hour-long routine and then say a prayer, so like, maybe every couple of months or so.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I would not allow my fiance to do it. He has some issues understanding that lady parts are more sensitive than manly parts.

There's a scene in one of the 50 Shades novels where the stalker shaves the insecure, simpering idiot's lady parts and some other simpering idiot with a blog who loves those books wrote about that scene and was absolutely scanalized over it.

I haven't read that book. Mine would never get shaved if my sweetie doesn't help me with it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

i didnt realize i was trying to make a case

also awesome you posted the burn pic for someone using a word whose meaning she had no clue what it meant, so i guess youre in the same category as her...

Oh, my bad. I thought you were trying to tell us that you weren't a misogynist. :laugh:

Carry on...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I haven't read that book. Mine would never get shaved if my sweetie doesn't help me with it.

It's a horrible book. I don't recommend it. :-)

What I found hilarious, though, was this same blogger was saying anyone who didn't like it was sexually repressed and a prude.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    get rid of the shaving creams and soaps and shave with coconut oil(what I use) or baby oil, it gives a super close shave and keeps the skin soft enough that ingrown hairs don't develop. In addition, disposable razors are only good for about 3 shaves after that they're too dull and don't cut the hairs well enough, which also leads to ingrown hairs.