rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• aspoon0422
    aspoon0422 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I take offense to anyone asking me if I've lost weight. I know my number keeps rising and I KNOW my clothes are fitting differently. I'm sure they're trying to be nice, but it just reinforces the fact that people are looking at me and I'd like to REALLY be thinner. Other than that, the worst thing anyone's ever said is "you were getting so small, what happened?".

Life happened.
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "But you have such a pretty face!!"

All I can think is (excuse my language) "*kitten* you".
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    but really, none of these are as horrifying as what the voice in my head is telling me.

The voices in our heads are sometimes the most vile of them all.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you got up to 150?"

After I said, hey look I lost some 10 lbs, I'm 140.

Sigh.

I was ok with 150. I'm ok with where I am now. But seriously, rude!
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 2 months and MY FATHER said I was "massively fat" - I should "starve for a few weeks" or I would lose my fiancee.......

...and that would be the last i spoke to my father for a while.

I got the "You'll never find a husband if you eat like that" from my dad when I was 14. Nice. Love how those comments stick with you.

Whats even better is when your older sister is by far smaller, and daddy dearest doesn't let you live that one down.

Yay dad, thanks for life long internal scars.
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    Within the last 3 years I graciously let my mother live with me. She'd eat a whole loaf of bread in one sitting but then tell me I needed to watch my calories when I at a salad.

She also told me that I was so fat that she was embarrassed to be seen with me.

Needless to say I had found her another place to live.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    when i was a teenager i was only like... 20-30 pounds overweight. i was an actor in a rendition of rocky horror picture show and played a minor part. for the halloween show all the parts are thrown in a hat and drawn by the actors, whoever you get is who you play on halloween, practice or no. i overheard my director expressing gratitude to someone that i didnt get any floorshow parts because and i quote "nobody wants to see her in her underwear" that pissed me off for 10 years or so... i did finally get over it, and even talked to the guy at a party and told him why i was rude to him every time i saw him, we got over it.

but the worst one was... last school year i voluntereered to help at my kindergartners field trip. my son told me the night before that he had asked the class to please not make fun of me for my sticky outie tummy. i got kinda mad at him. i said kader, i dont need you to apologize for me ok, i am your mom and i am the one you get. sticky outtie tummy or no. (this was after i had lost my first 25 pounds too). it made me really sad that he was already starting to feel embarrast of me.
  • janey0328
    janey0328 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    one time when swimming at the river a guy friend yelled "whale crossing" as i swam by a group of people.
    he was joking, but STILL!!!
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What frustrated me the most was the constant you should loose weight or attempt to control what I was eating while everyone around me continued to eat bad.

This frustrates me too. I am hypothyroid and the only thing my family wants to know is "Have you lost any weight?" My medication isn't there as weight loss medication. Anytime I show them the workout video I'm using to exercise with, they will change the subject to whatever they are more interested in. On the other side of things, my husband's family has been very supportive. My MIL is on MFP with me along with my husband's cousin.

There are times I wished I could drop my side of the family. They seem so selfish, and it make me think am I selfish too? I try really hard to ask about everyone else and learn from them, but I keep coming back to wondering if I'm just as bad.

As for the rudest things people have said to me, I can think of many, Thunder Thighs, Bubble Butt. For some reason they never bothered me. Unsupported by my family hurts the worst.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 2 months and MY FATHER said I was "massively fat" - I should "starve for a few weeks" or I would lose my fiancee.......

...and that would be the last i spoke to my father for a while.

I got the "You'll never find a husband if you eat like that" from my dad when I was 14. Nice. Love how those comments stick with you.

Whats even better is when your older sister is by far smaller, and daddy dearest doesn't let you live that one down.

Yay dad, thanks for life long internal scars.

this is one of the reasons i'm glad i was an only child. my mother was CONSTANTLY on me about my weight, utterly refused to realize that i have a much larger frame and carry a LOT more muscle than she does, and the kicker... she was in complete control over the food in the house and refused to change how she cooked. if i tried to not finish what she gave me, i got yelled at to eat everything on my plate.

it was not-so-subtly obvious that my mother was a lot nicer to my older stepsisters simply because they were much thinner than i'd ever be.
  • aspoon0422
    aspoon0422 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I just remembered: I actually had a boyfriend that would grab my stomach and lovehandles and ask me "what's this?" and laugh. One of the many reasons he's an ex now.
  • wuggums47
    wuggums47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The people who've been judging me have been doing it quietly. My theory is that I'm so fat that people assume I know I'm being judged and that it would be pointless to point it out.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had someone in a truck throw Mcdonald's wrappers at me and start singing the Jenny Craig jingle. I was both vehemently pissed off and depressed and crying at the same time lol.

I've also gotten "You're face is so pretty, it's a shame the rest of you looks like...that"
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    I was invited to a pool party, and when I didn't say yes right away, the woman said: "there'll be other fat girls there.".
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    "I know I'm fat, but damn"

Sad thing is I had just seen this person scarfing down junk in the parking lot when I was walking out of the gym.
  • leatrisgwi
    Options
    More than once -
    "You would be pretty if you lost ___ pds."

Good thing I am smart......
  • leatrisgwi
    Options
    Go hypothyroid! Have the blessing here as well :frown:
    Just eat less - well to loose weight I have to eat under 800 calories and exercise. Completely understand your frustration. But I am on track and will lose this weight even if it means 800 calories.

Hang in there you are not alone.
  • MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I was 10 years old, two different friends of my mom and dad (divorced), commented in front of me that I had "gained quite a bit of weight". I remember it like it was yesterday. And I had gained weight, it was a rough time. Weight became a major issue for me throughout high school and college. When I went back to nursing school as an adult I was working as unit secretary at a large hospital. From the time I started nursing school I started gaining weight. One of the nurses told me that it looked like I had gained so much weight that I was going to need new scrubs soon and didn't even look like the same person. I cried. And found a new job.
  • MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, one more, probably the biggest. How could I forget? After the birth of my daughter, my now ex husband said he wasn't attracted to me because I was looking like a whale.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was really skinny when I was younger. I had one guy that would take pictures when I ate and be like "OMG THE ANOREXIC IS EATING LOL". I didn't have an eating disorder at the time, my family is just really thin until they turn 18 and grow boobs lol. They would mock me for being kind-of flat chested (I wasn't even that bad! Just a 32B!)

They made such a big deal out of me eating that I stopped eating in front of people...I eventually became anorexic because I hated my body and felt "lopsided" because my breasts weren't large enough (in my disordered brain) and were never going to be, so I starved until my legs were "small enough" to be equal.

I had a really effed-up self-image from all the stuff I heard. At least I have 32E boobs now...it makes me feel less obsessed with losing size on my legs.