rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    when are you due? I've gotten this a few times in the past. I can't have kids at all either. So thanks for making it that much better.
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    About 6 years ago, I was dating a woman that was my coworker. We were on vacation walking on the beach and she stopped, looked at me and said "I just don't think I can deal with your weight issue". While she said this, she was poking me in the chest and stomach. That was about the lowest I have ever felt in my life!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    well, I wouldn't call what family says as rude, just not thinking.. family can be the meanest people. mom said that I was too skinny and I needed to eat more. but then on the other hand when she's talking to other siblings (in front of me) she says that they should learn from me, and exercise like I do... so am I "too skinny" or a role model for you... I have told her (i'm Hispanic), "no mom, i'm not too skinny, this is what healthy looks like, you're just don't know what it looks like" (everyone in my family could loose a few pounds).
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    when are you due? I've gotten this a few times in the past. I can't have kids at all either. So thanks for making it that much better.

wow... that had to hurt
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    "You're crushin' my cigarettes."
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ater my divorce, I got on Match.com and one of the first dates I went on made the comment under his breath, I normally don't date fat girls. I acted like I didn't hear it, but it gave me the motivation to lose a lot of weight and date a lot cuter guys than him.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is tall and had her phone and wallet in the middle pocket of her hoodie by her belly. She ordered a sandwich at Subway and they said 'here's a cookie for the baby'......
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Teenagers outside the grocery store cat-calling and then laughing because the idea was so absurd. Punks.
  • llnewsom
    llnewsom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At one point in my life I was 5'8" and 120lbs. During this period my mother made many nasty remarks to me about my weight (still does really), but the one the stands out to me was "I don't care what the number on the scale says, you've got a gut and you look fat."

That was really my "I'm done trying to please you" moment.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    "I can count all your teeth through your skin now"

:(
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh...and while at the river somebody floating by shouted "show us your b@@bs!" After I gave them the bird and told them to suck it, they told me that the didn't want to see "some fat b's titties anyway". One of my male friends stood up and made a motion to go over to them and they paddled away like a bunch of scared sissies.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Being overweight my whole life there are too many to remember, but I do remember from my childhood being told by my dad when we out for a drive and we'd come to a bridge that had a weight limit "You better get out and walk" and other relatives asking why I was so fat and brother so skinny. I think my dad was trying to be funny but the old people were just being rude
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Oh...and while at the river somebody floating by shouted "show us your b@@bs!" After I gave them the bird and told them to suck it, they told me that the didn't want to see "some fat b's titties anyway". One of my male friends stood up and made a motion to go over to them and they paddled away like a bunch of scared sissies.

That must have felt rewarding. :bigsmile: People are numbskulls.
    At one point in my life I was 5'8" and 120lbs. During this period my mother made many nasty remarks to me about my weight (still does really), but the one the stands out to me was "I don't care what the number on the scale says, you've got a gut and you look fat."

That was really my "I'm done trying to please you" moment.

I think your mom was just jelly of you. I'm glad you stopped caring about hat she says.
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My (now ex) husband and I had been living together for about 5 years and talking about marriage for some time. He kept an open mind but we had been putting off for a long time. One day a commercial was on TV and had some sort of model showcasing something or another..out of nowhere he commented "if you looked like that I'd marry you tomorrow". (He never before or after indicated my weight was a problem) I was not fat at all, but never was - and never will be - a model.
    He apologized a whole lot for saying that, but it still stings today 20 years later.
    Not nice of me to say at all...but the woman he sees now has gained about 50 lbs since they started dating.....{insert evil giggle}
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Boss explaing how someone looked, and I quote, "she was big, I mean probally like your size".

Took the knife out of my back where she put it last week and stuck it in my heart.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    A guy called me a "fat c*nt" when i weighed about 160 and wore a size 8.
  • w100dly
    w100dly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A woman at work said, "Oh, you're pregnant again!" (which I'm not) I had my baby 10 months ago.
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Dinner's on me, as long as Fatty Fatso McTubby here, doesn't bankrupt me."

Hence my screen name.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I went to denny's with my family and ordered the fit breakfast. Egg whites, turkey bacon, some toast and some oatmeal. He went through my plate. First told me I shouldn't eat the bacon, I was going to die from pork. I had to tell him it was turkey. Then he told me I shouldn't have the eggs, I was going to die from cholesterol and diabetes. I had to explain egg whites to him. Then he told me I should just have eggs and not anything else because I'm too big of a girl. I started eating alone in the dark then.
  • pamelas9
    pamelas9 Posts: 29
    Options
    So many people have said so much, I get it and screw them, I'm awesome in plenty of other ways. Mostly I just ignore them. But when I was 22, still a newlywed, my *best* friend (who had walked me down the aisle), said to me "You've really let yourself go." (And he is no better, but he's a GUY so who cares - small town attitude.)

My husband was standing right there and too shocked to take him to task, but held me later when I finally cried it out. I still tear up when I think about it - you know it's one of those moments where you will forever forget exactly how the words sounded.

Sometimes it isn't what is said, it's how much we value the opinion of the one who said it.

And we are not friends anymore, and after they got married his wife put on a few too. I still feel petty about that - but it hasn't come up.