rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Let's see where do I begin. Family telling that I would look good if I lost 10 lbs, co-worker says I'd look great and find a boyfriend if I lose 10 lbs. Where are you going with all that weight? I think you should stop eating cheese, butter, meat etc....How are you so fat? Why is your butt so big? You better watch your weight etc.. family eh?
  • ImBlackMamba
    ImBlackMamba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At the State Championship for the 100 meter dash I over heard a competitor say to her parents while we were warming up in the Bullpen:

"I'm going to beat that fat *****."

I proceeded to win the race and the State Title. She came in 4th.

I said to her, " Too bad you couldn't beat the fat *****.' , turned and gave my team-mates and Dad who was my coach a huge hug.

I was 5'6" and weighed 140 lbs...Fat indeed.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The rudest thing said to me was in a bar with my bf at the time. This gentleman (in the loosest sense of the word) said who's that fat English c**t? To my boyfriend Meaning me. ????. Then he proceeded to say looking at me was putting me off his beer. I was mortified. Didn't go out the house for months and gained a further 100lb. Taking me to 350lb. I've lost 160. I'd love to bump into him again

:angry: literally bump into him with your motor car please
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    At the State Championship for the 100 meter dash I over heard a competitor say to her parents while we were warming up in the Bullpen:

I said to her, " Too bad you couldn't beat the fat *****.' , turned and gave my team-mates and Dad who was my coach a huge hug.

Seriously?? She said THAT was fat? What a biznizzle. Ugh.

Good for you, you BADass. ;)
  • lafoto13
    lafoto13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i went for a massage and told the guy that i was having some pain in my shoulder from carrying heavy things at work. at the end of teh massage, im laying there-- still under the sheet and he starts telling me that i need to work out so i dont have a layer of fat. i was like huuuhhh?? terrible timing!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I want to bash so many strangers in the face or throat punch some parents. I just cannot imagine saying these things to anyone.

My daughter was very heavy in middle school and I made a point of buying her clothes she liked and telling her how smart and beautiful she was every day.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 2 months and MY FATHER said I was "massively fat" - I should "starve for a few weeks" or I would lose my fiancee.......

...and that would be the last i spoke to my father for a while.

I would revoke that invite too. Walk yourself down the isle!
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My Gran is the Queen of backhanded compliments. Like the last time I saw her - "You've done so well losing weight but isn't it a shame it doesn't seem to come off your stomach?!". :-/

I also remember a friend of the family asking why I was so fat if I didn't eat that much (I didn't!) when I was in my mid-teens. I wasn't particularly upset (I didn't value his opinion so it didn't bother me) but I was shocked that neither of my parents saw fit to pull him up on his rudeness at the time. I bumped into him recently (after not seeing him for almost 20 years) and he tried to initiate a conversation, I shut him down and walked away. No time for you horrible man. Oh, and now he's overweight. Shame.
  • ImBlackMamba
    ImBlackMamba Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Seriously?? She said THAT was fat? What a biznizzle. Ugh.

Good for you, you BADass. ;)

Thank you! She was very, very thin and I have a very athletic build so, I guess she considered that fat. People can be horrible. Know your worth!
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Like most posters I could fill a bad novel with crap my mom has said to me (I have a sister with anorexia and I often hear laments that she won't eat anything and I eat everything" :angry: ) but the worst was a few years back things at work were really difficult, the economy was tanking and we had a new boss who was awful. My supervisor who was not the brightest guy copied me on an e-mail about "when are we telling BKT and when is her last day?" I went home in tears, when I saw my mom the first words out of her mouth were "it's because you are fat". I know my weight has impacted my work life and not for the better but kicking me when I was down really changed how I look at my mom.

I didn't get laid off (and I outlasted the horrible boss).
  • kcaitbpaitw
    kcaitbpaitw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My mom used to tell me almost every day, "You're beautiful just the way you are." Also in the same day she'd say, "Honey you need to take care of yourself. I'm afraid you're going to die... and you have stretchmarks... look at all the stretchmarks."

O.O

Mortifying.

My mom was the same way... I think she was forcing herself to be supportive and boost body image (because obviously being an a-hole isn't going to actually help anything), then the hurtful comments just flowed out naturally when she wasn't being mindful. I was 10 and she saw my stomach and said I had huge stretchmarks and only PREGNANT people should have stretchmarks like that. THANKS I FEEL GREAT NOW

:) all good.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    when i was a teenager i was only like... 20-30 pounds overweight. i was an actor in a rendition of rocky horror picture show and played a minor part. for the halloween show all the parts are thrown in a hat and drawn by the actors, whoever you get is who you play on halloween, practice or no. i overheard my director expressing gratitude to someone that i didnt get any floorshow parts because and i quote "nobody wants to see her in her underwear" that pissed me off for 10 years or so... i did finally get over it, and even talked to the guy at a party and told him why i was rude to him every time i saw him, we got over it.

but the worst one was... last school year i voluntereered to help at my kindergartners field trip. my son told me the night before that he had asked the class to please not make fun of me for my sticky outie tummy. i got kinda mad at him. i said kader, i dont need you to apologize for me ok, i am your mom and i am the one you get. sticky outtie tummy or no. (this was after i had lost my first 25 pounds too). it made me really sad that he was already starting to feel embarrast of me.

i have been thinking about what i wrote here. and honestly, for a few years now it hasnt bothered me that i was fat. i just considered it part of the truth of me. and it was a never neding source of amusement for my son and i when he was younger to jiggle the flab... lol. i not longer get mad when people state the truth, i WAS and AM overweight i shouldnt be mad that people say it aloud. what makes me mad is when people say it as something to be ashamed of. or when people encourage unhealthy alternatives. to no end i get annoyed when people suggest diet pills, or that i dont eat my daily calorie allowance. and i detest when people body shame themselves, their own fat, to me, when i am fatter or as fat as they are. its rude and insulting. if you think you look disgusting you think i do too. and i dont.

thats all.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My Gran is the Queen of backhanded compliments. Like the last time I saw her - "You've done so well losing weight but isn't it a shame it doesn't seem to come off your stomach?!". :-/

I also remember a friend of the family asking why I was so fat if I didn't eat that much (I didn't!) when I was in my mid-teens. I wasn't particularly upset (I didn't value his opinion so it didn't bother me) but I was shocked that neither of my parents saw fit to pull him up on his rudeness at the time. I bumped into him recently (after not seeing him for almost 20 years) and he tried to initiate a conversation, I shut him down and walked away. No time for you horrible man. Oh, and now he's overweight. Shame.

Hon, that was the last place it came off. When you hit the last 10 or 20 you will be amazed. You are just beautiful
  • Running_From_Zombies
    Options
    "You'd be hot if you lost some weight", I've been told that one twice.

Oh, and my uncle saying I looked like a whale when I was two weeks overdue with my second child, that one hurt a bit.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Wow this thread has brought up so much old stuff.

I was worse than anyone when I was heavier. I was a 100 lbs in my teens, 110 in my 20s. People knew me as the teeny, tiny girl. "Little Jeannie"

So when I ran into someone, or went to a party (if I actually went) I would immediately go into my Roseanne Barr joking voice about my fat *kitten*. Or jiggle my arms. Some stupid thing that said 'before YOU say it YES I AM FAT"

My daughter was listening :cry:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Wow this thread has brought up so much old stuff.

I was worse than anyone when I was heavier. I was a 100 lbs in my teens, 110 in my 20s. People knew me as the teeny, tiny girl. "Little Jeannie"

So when I ran into someone, or went to a party (if I actually went) I would immediately go into my Roseanne Barr joking voice about my fat *kitten*. Or jiggle my arms. Some stupid thing that said 'before YOU say it YES I AM FAT"

My daughter was listening :cry:
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Over the years there have been too many to count. Comments from friends and family members, "are you really going to eat that?" You'd be so pretty if you just lost some weight, You'll never get married looking like that (this from my 300 lb cousin as she was eating half a box of Froot loops in whole milk from a MIXING BOWL).

The one I remember the most was from an older friend/co-worker that told me she would introduce me to her son, he would love me, but not until I lost 50 lbs or so. The real kicker was that she was over weight herself, but her's was from having kids, not overeating so it was OK! This from the woman who went through a 1 lb bag of peanut M&M's a DAY. At the time, I weighed about 180 and was 5'4". So yeah, I needed to lose about 40 lbs but that Christmas at the office party (before the drinking started) I got tons of compliments on how good I looked and hadn't lost an ounce.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    This is not something that was said to me, but to my mother. I was in a choir and at one of the pot lucks, one of the moms (a big lady, as I remember) asked her when she was due. My mom was mortified. Not just because it implied that she was fat, but because she was a single mom and not dating anyone. I had been in this choir for a while and it was arelatviely small group that all the parents knew each other a little bit. It was hurtful on so many levels.

That said, Mom never wore that dress again. Which really was a good thing because it was an ugly dress. I couldn't say anything because I recently told her that here new summer suit made her look like a cream puff. I was not the most tackful kid, but it really wasn't a comment on her weight. My mom is short and the clothing was voluminous and cream colored. She even wore a cream top with it.

The one time I did call her fat, she slapped me (which she denies) but I was about 5 years old, and I was only mimicking her own words about herself. So let that be a lesson to you parents out there trying to lose weight. Your kids hear what you say about yourself!

As for myself, I get the "shes got child bearing hips" by so many people!
  • aspoon0422
    aspoon0422 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Any time I bring up trying to eat better and then go try to enjoy some dessert in moderation, or some freaking potatoes or something that wasn't a salad I would immediately get "what ever happened to your diet?" or "are you sure you should be eating that"? I've gotten this from parents, friends, boyfriends, family.. it just makes me want to stuff my face in spite of them. "YES I'm CERTAIN I want to be eating this right now, and because of you I'm going to eat DOUBLE of what I wanted to in the first place."

Wish people would just their tongues.
  • BrillFit
    BrillFit Posts: 368
    Options
    I was really skinny when I was younger. I had one guy that would take pictures when I ate and be like "OMG THE ANOREXIC IS EATING LOL". I didn't have an eating disorder at the time, my family is just really thin until they turn 18 and grow boobs lol. They would mock me for being kind-of flat chested (I wasn't even that bad! Just a 32B!)

They made such a big deal out of me eating that I stopped eating in front of people...I eventually became anorexic because I hated my body and felt "lopsided" because my breasts weren't large enough (in my disordered brain) and were never going to be, so I starved until my legs were "small enough" to be equal.

I had a really effed-up self-image from all the stuff I heard. At least I have 32E boobs now...it makes me feel less obsessed with losing size on my legs.

That's horrible. People can be so cruel :(

I'm sorry to hear you went through that hun.

I can relate. I went through about 15 years of not having a name. Daniel? Nah, let's call him fatty, fat *kitten*, tubby, tubbo, chunky, etc.

I don't care how strong a person is, eventually, it gets to you and really starts affecting how you see yourself in the mirror.

I still have self confidence and self-image issues because of it.. But I'm working on it.

I USED TO HAVE 32E'S, NOW IM DOWN TO A B CUP MAYBE? LOL