Help! I need a fast weight loss plan

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

OP knows what she wants to do is wrong.
    If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?

its not your place to judge her for doing something she knows is wrong. if people dont want to help, they shouldnt post at all. other peoples problems arent being discussed for your amusement.

So people giving her honest answer is not helpful and this thread will just be full of "Don't eat, drink only water, you can do this?!?!?" is somehow going to help her? No it won't.

giving an honest answer is good, but thats not the same as judging and making fun of her.

Please stop judging people for their responses to OP. It isn't right...

...and I thought this site was for support, not for judging forum post responses.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?

its not your place to judge her for doing something she knows is wrong. if people dont want to help, they shouldnt post at all. other peoples problems arent being discussed for your amusement.
    Is it your place to judge them for judging her?

The best part about judging is that EVERYONE does it. It is ridiculously common and very out in the open. Judging is what we do as people.

speak for yourself.

but if telling yourself "everyone is doing it" is enough for you to justify unkind behaviour...
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you go on a low carb diet like Atkins you can drop a good amount of weight in 5 weeks. A lot of it will be water weight, but in my opinion it is still weight. Do a workout like The 30 Day Shred or some type of HIIT workout as many days as possible. I really think you can lose anywhere between 15 and 20 lbs if you are strict. I did Weigh Watchers several years ago and lost 30 lbs in 3 months. I am 5'2" and was weighing about 144.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

...otherwise no. Not unless you count liposuction.
    QFT

There are NO shortcuts, OP...sorry. Lose it quick and it comes back the same way...
  • kelzz27
    kelzz27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who actually gave me some answers :-)

But for the rest of you there was no need to be nasty,as your here same as me to 'lose weight' it's bullying.
    Why the nastiness?
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    The head weighs about 10lbs. Get rid of that for a great start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You're a personal/fitness trainer and that is your best answer?

I think many people on mfp forget that they were once new here, that they all had different motivations for joining, or starting their weight loss journey. The OP joined in March and has lost 4lbs. She may not realize that slow and steady is the best way. Giving her sarcastic answers isn't really helping. She may not realize that a 2lb per week weight loss is already a great thing. How about some actual good advice for someone who is asking for help.

OP, my advice is, Log all your food. Stay below your calorie goals, and work out for 30 minutes, 5 times a week. No, it's not going to get you shredded, but I guarantee after 5 weeks you will be feeling a lot better about yourself, whether you've lost 5 or 10 pounds. That was my plan when I first started. 5 weeks later, I just felt plain good. The working out is a must though! And 30 minutes a day is totally doable! Baby steps. You can do this!!

He's tired of typing out the same answers 3 times a day because that is how many times this question is asked.

The OP clearly knows its not healthy, yet still wants advice on it. That's like giving a cat to someone who is extremely allergic to cats. Its a lose/lose situation for anyone who reads this thread.

You giving her advice on something she already doesn't want to do is even more useless than what the other guy said. And honestly, I would much rather read his comment and chortle than read your irrelevant post.

Lighten up.

If people are tired of posting the same response maybe they shouldn't respond at all. It's not like it's a job or something and we are compelled to respond to everything. But I guess people need to get their kicks in somehow (not judging, just don't understand).

OP, since you didn't say how much weight you wanted to lose I don't really know if your goals are unrealistic or not. But if you follow the sensible advice you've gotten here about how to go about losing as much as 2 pounds a week safely you could lose more than 10% of your body weight in five weeks, you'd most likely look AND feel terrific, and you'd be that much closer to your ultimate goal.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

The best part about judging is that EVERYONE does it. It is ridiculously common and very out in the open. Judging is what we do as people.

speak for yourself.

but if telling yourself "everyone is doing it" is enough for you to justify unkind behaviour...

You're still judging other responses in this thread???

I thought if we didn't have anything nice to say, we weren't supposed to say anything at all.

Your posts are not very nice and seem remarkably judgmental. Judging isn't nice.

Please stop being mean and start being nice.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OK fine, nobody wants to actually help, I am no expert at this at all, but i recall a personal trainer stating that for quick and healty weightloss for speacial events kick up your cardio, she said you could do cardio twice a day, and ummm lots of salads i think.
    I saw it on Youtube, her name is Breanda Lee Turner, look her up. She is like an extreme clean eater, and everything about her is healthy, I dont think she would promote anything unhealthy. Infact she doesn't even count calories, she says eat clean, excersice regularly, and what is there is there, THAT is your healthy weight.
    Also Jillian Micheals has a like 2 week plan or somethign for de-bloating, I read it in her book "Slim for Life". She also states you can do this before special events.
    As for me I did the 17 day diet, which is basically low carb, LOTS of veggies, lots of water, lots of protein, green tea. Healthy eating ok. I also did 30 Day Shred (Jillian Micheals DVD) Lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks. No starving at all, just stuck to the DVD and the diet.
    I also used my breaks at work to walk. So made changes to keep those calories burning. I didn't do TONS of cardio because i wanted to tone, thats why I went witht the 30 day shred to tone AND lose. But as far as i have heard other experts, cardio is the way to go to drop pounds fast.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

But for the rest of you there was no need to be nasty,as your here same as me to 'lose weight' it's bullying.
    Why the nastiness?

mrragequit.jpg
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Jason Vale Lose 5lbs in 5 Days juice detox.. (not really a detox) but if you have a juicer you will lose more then 5lbs believe me.
    Did the Juice Detox produce all those green spots in your pic? :tongue:
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Why the nastiness?

LOL Bullying... I don't think you know what that word actually means.

You were given good advice for a near impossible task. Take the advice or leave it. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

speak for yourself.

Wait..are you saying you don't judge? Because you just "judged" people you deemed judging. Welcome to the handbasket.
  • Kiyah185
    Kiyah185 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am going to try Bob Harper's Jumpstart to skinny. I don't know if it will work, but he has helped people lose big on Biggest Loser. Good luck to you.
  • joanne568
    Options
    I agree. This the first time I have come on this site and tbh not sure if I will be posting and asking for advice.
    You did get some decent answers but unfortunately the rest just wanted to make fun of you.
    I would have a good google it's gave me some really good tips,remember if you loose weight really fast you will put it back on just as fast, 2lbs a week is good, also work out as much as you can and monitor those inches that you will loose. 5 weeks you can change the shape of your body with toning and dieting.
    Good luck and have a lovely holiday.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I am going to try Bob Harper's Jumpstart to skinny. I don't know if it will work, but he has helped people lose big on Biggest Loser. Good luck to you.

Have you looked into the BL contestants' results after the show?
  • joanne568
    Options

Why the nastiness?

I agree. This the first time I have come on this site and tbh not sure if I will be posting and asking for advice.
    You did get some decent answers but unfortunately the rest just wanted to make fun of you.
    I would have a good google it's gave me some really good tips,remember if you loose weight really fast you will put it back on just as fast, 2lbs a week is good, also work out as much as you can and monitor those inches that you will loose. 5 weeks you can change the shape of your body with toning and dieting.
    Good luck and have a lovely holiday.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Why the nastiness?

LOL Bullying... I don't think you know what that word actually means.

You were given good advice for a near impossible task. Take the advice or leave it. Good luck :flowerforyou:

It's merely my observation that, while one or two sarcastic answers in a thread can sometimes provide a little levity and help to drive home a point, when multiple people- and sometimes lots of people- and sometimes nearly everybody - jump on the bandwagon it takes on a different tone (for me). Verbal harassment (as perceived by the target), especially repeated and when done by a group are most certainly features of bullying. I probably wouldn't call it that in this thread but there are many definitions, gray areas, and perception is a big part of it. I still really don't get it. Just like when someone has responded to a post with good advice, I don't see the need to repeat it and just dress it up differently. For me, the same applies to the sarcastic jokes- it's basically just people making the same point over and over and over. Why do that when someone else already has?

Anyhow, bravo to DianaGabriela and others for sticking up for someone. That takes guts.

ETA: I know, I know....it's the INTERNET :)
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This. Just buy a killer outfit that makes you feel fabulous and start on a sensible weight loss regime. You may lose a few pounds before your weekend too.

THIS ^
  • Dorothyslancaster
    Dorothyslancaster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    what a GREAT response! :happy: