Help! I need a fast weight loss plan

Options

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

OP knows what she wants to do is wrong.
    If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?

its not your place to judge her for doing something she knows is wrong. if people dont want to help, they shouldnt post at all. other peoples problems arent being discussed for your amusement.
    Is it your place to judge them for judging her?

The best part about judging is that EVERYONE does it. It is ridiculously common and very out in the open. Judging is what we do as people.

speak for yourself.

but if telling yourself "everyone is doing it" is enough for you to justify unkind behaviour...
    You just judged me in that comment. You have judged others in your previous posts.

Hungry, hungry, hypocrite.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who actually gave me some answers :-)

But for the rest of you there was no need to be nasty,as your here same as me to 'lose weight' it's bullying.
    Why the nastiness?

LOL Bullying... I don't think you know what that word actually means.

You were given good advice for a near impossible task. Take the advice or leave it. Good luck :flowerforyou:

It's merely my observation that, while one or two sarcastic answers in a thread can sometimes provide a little levity and help to drive home a point, when multiple people- and sometimes lots of people- and sometimes nearly everybody - jump on the bandwagon it takes on a different tone (for me). Verbal harassment (as perceived by the target), especially repeated and when done by a group are most certainly features of bullying. I probably wouldn't call it that in this thread but there are many definitions, gray areas, and perception is a big part of it. I still really don't get it. Just like when someone has responded to a post with good advice, I don't see the need to repeat it and just dress it up differently. For me, the same applies to the sarcastic jokes- it's basically just people making the same point over and over and over. Why do that when someone else already has?

Anyhow, bravo to DianaGabriela and others for sticking up for someone. That takes guts.

What group??? A bunch of individuals individually responding to OP is not a group.

And WKing in an online thread takes *zero* "guts". If anything, giving a response to OP with a response they don't want to hear (even if there are later several others who see it the same way) takes a little more, but still, not anything near heroic.

By the way, way to really stick your neck out there in support of the "victim" of receiving factual responses that she didn't like. If only there were more people like you empowering these "victims" in the face of facts they don't like.

(See? I'm an equal opportunity "bully". I bully everyone equally. Now hopefully someone will ride in to your rescue and the cycle can continue.)
  • Dorothyslancaster
    Dorothyslancaster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    a Juice fast might do it. although, I personally didn't like it and only lasted 2 days. I am still Juicing... just not only juicing. But if you can make it past the first 3 days I hear it does drop the weight fast.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    a Juice fast might do it. although, I personally didn't like it and only lasted 2 days. I am still Juicing... just not only juicing. But if you can make it past the first 3 days I hear it does drop the weight fast.

*facedesk*

Good news is I think I hit Bingo!!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who actually gave me some answers :-)

But for the rest of you there was no need to be nasty,as your here same as me to 'lose weight' it's bullying.
    Why the nastiness?

LOL Bullying... I don't think you know what that word actually means.

You were given good advice for a near impossible task. Take the advice or leave it. Good luck :flowerforyou:

It's merely my observation that, while one or two sarcastic answers in a thread can sometimes provide a little levity and help to drive home a point, when multiple people- and sometimes lots of people- and sometimes nearly everybody - jump on the bandwagon it takes on a different tone (for me). Verbal harassment (as perceived by the target), especially repeated and when done by a group are most certainly features of bullying. I probably wouldn't call it that in this thread but there are many definitions, gray areas, and perception is a big part of it. I still really don't get it. Just like when someone has responded to a post with good advice, I don't see the need to repeat it and just dress it up differently. For me, the same applies to the sarcastic jokes- it's basically just people making the same point over and over and over. Why do that when someone else already has?

Anyhow, bravo to DianaGabriela and others for sticking up for someone. That takes guts.

What group??? A bunch of individuals individually responding to OP is not a group.

And WKing in an online thread takes *zero* "guts". If anything, giving a response to OP with a response they don't want to hear (even if there are later several others who see it the same way) takes a little more, but still, not anything near heroic.

By the way, way to really stick your neck out there in support of the "victim" of receiving factual responses that she didn't like. If only there were more people like you empowering these "victims" in the face of facts they don't like.

(See? I'm an equal opportunity "bully". I bully everyone equally. Now hopefully someone will ride in to your rescue and the cycle can continue.)

We all had to start somewhere. And I know I've had lots of misconceptions, bad ideas, unrealistic goals, rationalizations, and self-pity parties over the years. People conflate brutal honesty with being a jerk.

People would not pile on IRL they way they do on these threads either.- that's also easy-I get it.

ETA: "not"
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Indeed, VLCD diets all tend to drop "weight" fast...but how much of it do you think is fat? I'll give you a hint: not much at all...

...so when calories are added back, the "weight" is regained, leading the dieter to reason that if they had only stuck with the juicing for longer, they would have had long-term results. The problem is, it wasn't their commitment/willpower/resolve that failed, it was the diet itself. It was unsustainable.

Of course, months later, when they decide to "get serious" again, they remember the remarkable results they had on the juice fast, so they do it again...with the same predictable results.

VLCD, regardless of form, lead people to unrealistic expectations that keep them from reaching their goals...and then they find themselves years later not having made any sustainable progress publicly defending the very approach that hasn't worked for them (because they still believe that they just need to try harder for it to work long-term). So not only are they themselves deluded, but they're trying to share their delusion with others.

When some of us see this happening in the forums, we don't like it...and we challenge it.
  • Dorothyslancaster
    Dorothyslancaster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6, she said FAST, not sustainable! :) I understand what you are saying and after trying the "fast" route, am learning slow and steady win the race.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amputation and cut your head off is not a factual response. It's being ridiculous.
    Losing weight quickly is not "mere inpossible" task, it can be done! By working your *kitten* off, just like with anything in life.
    God, how lazy are we that the best we can come up with is, cut your head off?
    Like JM says "Set your goal than kick it in the face, dont half *kitten* your work out"
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WHERE ARE THE MODS???
  • wnwest
    wnwest Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you excercise more and lose the carbs and eat balanced meals I think you will look and feel great. I think with less carbs your stomach will be flatter and you will feel better. I am sorry you received such nasty comments. The world would be a better place if we all had some compassion and remember we have all been in your shoes. You will tone up and look great..have a great time.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The way to look your best, and feel your best is to eat at a moderate deficit, do an exercise you love, and spend the next 5 weeks feeling good about your abilities and your goals.

If you spend the next 5 weeks crash dieting and working out like crazy, you are going to look like a tired, cranky, washed-out version of yourself. And then you'll over-eat on vacation, bloat up, and feel and look even worse.

You pick, and good luck!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The head weighs about 10lbs. Get rid of that for a great start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You're a personal/fitness trainer and that is your best answer?

I think many people on mfp forget that they were once new here, that they all had different motivations for joining, or starting their weight loss journey. The OP joined in March and has lost 4lbs. She may not realize that slow and steady is the best way. Giving her sarcastic answers isn't really helping. She may not realize that a 2lb per week weight loss is already a great thing. How about some actual good advice for someone who is asking for help.

OP, my advice is, Log all your food. Stay below your calorie goals, and work out for 30 minutes, 5 times a week. No, it's not going to get you shredded, but I guarantee after 5 weeks you will be feeling a lot better about yourself, whether you've lost 5 or 10 pounds. That was my plan when I first started. 5 weeks later, I just felt plain good. The working out is a must though! And 30 minutes a day is totally doable! Baby steps. You can do this!!

There's a great answer <3
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    WHERE ARE THE MODS???

Just so you know, you post is likely a violation of the Community Guidelines.

I wanted to let you know so you don't accidentally end up with a strike in the future.

ETA: specifically, this falls under CG #11.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amputation and cut your head off is not a factual response. It's being ridiculous.
    Losing weight quickly is not "mere inpossible" task, it can be done! By working your *kitten* off, just like with anything in life.
    Like JM says "Set your goal than kick it in the face, dont half *kitten* your work out"

Quick weight loss (especially using VLCDs or other crazy ****) = more muscle loss than fat loss. That's a no bueno for me! I'd rather take the time learning portion control, hitting my goals/macros, exercise a moderate amount and lose the weight slowly rather than drop it quick and look terrible (aka skinny fat) when I finally reach my "goal".
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 27 and weigh 177 pounds and iim 5ft 2. Basically I'm going on a girly weekend and want to look my best. Has anyone had any success in losing weight quick as I'm going in 5 weeks. I don't want the 'its dangerous to lose weight quick' I need help.

The only thing I can think of is doing the master cleanse (aka cayenne lemonade) fast for 10 days. It's not guaranteed and if it doesn't work for you, you will have tortured yourself for no good reason. Best to do it with good old exercise and watching what you eat.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose weight quickly, but as many have said it is better to be sustainable. I am trying to lose weight quickly at present on 1000kcals (under the guidance of my GP) but mine is health related and once I have had the operation I am losing for I am going to return to the healthy eating plan, 1200kcals and exercise (I miss five zumba classes a week and toning but at present exercise is incredibly painful). But that's not your question. I think that support underwear, good toning exercises to lose a few inches and a diet to lose a few pounds would be better. I know that's not what you want to hear but support underwear or one of those fantastic panel dresses hide a multitude of sins and will give you a chance to take it a little slower.

Good luck with whatever you decide and hope you enjoy that girlie weekend.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

But more than likely fast weight loss will not be sustainable and as many have experienced - will just have the OP gaining back the weight quickly if not more when she resumes her normal habits.

Not to mention...did you conveniently not notice that she basically is willing and wants people to provide her with ways that may be potentially dangerous?

Sorry I can't be more like you and tell someone "WTG! Just work out harder, eat even less, juice fast, cut out this, etc...so you can continue down further into your disordered eating habits! Woot!" No. That's just not me. I'm also not going to set the OP up to fail or worse, encourage her to explore things that could potentially harm her.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I needed something that was fast that would quick start my weight loss....

I'm being completely honest here and not trying to be snarky at all. In all seriousness, I am confused by this. How does one quick start weight loss? What does that even mean?

I was under the impression that you simply start your weight loss by eating less and moving more.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You have gotten some good advice. Exercise like crazy ( I would not eat my calories back) the week before you leave, ( someone mentioned) Go get some clothes that make you feel good and be confident. Get a new hair cut that makes you feel sexy. Get some Killer shoes.What someone else mentioned, accentuate the your best features. Most of all Be Proud of what you have accomplished and the path you are on for the long haul'
    You will get to your goal if you stick with it. Just go & have a great time. Have fun, be happy, be confident!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Try eating "raw til dinner", meaning you fill your day with uncooked fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, and then have a healthy cooked dinner if you like, with whole grains and lean protein (ie chicken with quinoa and steamed veggies). OR - you can eat a raw dinner too, if you feel like it ! Try it for a week and see how you feel. Here's a one-day example: Make a coconut water-mixed berry smoothie for breakfast, have almonds for a snack, have a salad with avocados for lunch, have veggie sticks and an apple for snacks in the afternoon, drink herbal tea, have a few sunflower seeds before dinner so that you're not starving/tempted to eat something unhealthy, and then make a lovely warm healthy dinner! You can even have a 80 % dark piece of chocolate after dinner for a treat. Stick to this structure and you'll be sure to lose some weight in 5 weeks.