How much protein per day

Options
12346»

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Vegan bodybuilders report faster recovery than you who eat the wrong foods. I know i recover faster in the sport i choose.

Even if you began lifting you wouldn't ever get big arms because you don't eat enough protein to build a significant amount of mass.
    You wouldn't know, because you have never tried it. You believe what you have read without ever actually trying out a proper diet. Why do my quads grow when i exercise them on my diet? Is one muscle group somehow different from the rest of them?

Lol okay then. So why is it that you have the physique of an IT guy? Most guys who cycle are skinny but decently ripped while you are skinny with 30%+ bodyfat. Could it be because they eat sufficient amounts of protein and you don't? Therefore causing muscular hypertrophy and improved metabolic state, insulin and leptin sensitivity? Whereas you continuously remain in a catabolic state which causes the release of cortisol; hence, your miniscule lean body mass and abundance of body fat.

Let me guess, you'll deny this and then say that everything I stated was just conjecture so you can continue to live in fruit-loop lala land...
    I'm on my way down, and i'm still far from skinny. In the picture you are basing your entire opinion of my off of, i had just lost 75 LBS in 4 months. It's a process. Did you develop your arms in a couple of days? I'll put on more muscle when i choose to add strength training to my routine. You keep blah, blah, blahing about losing muscle mass, but all you have is one picture of me. I live in this body every day. I am not lacking muscle mass, and i have not lost muscle mass since losing a bunch of fat, as i have said before, and you seem to ignore, i have GAINED muscle mass on every muscle that i have worked out with regularly since switching to this diet.

you lost 75lb in 4 months on a plant only diet giving you just 3-6g protein, and think you didn't lose any lean mass.....

that's nearly 5lb a week and nearly 19lb a month.... there's no way that was all fat, the human body simply does not burn fat that quickly. In that time frame, 40lb is a realistic amount of fat to lose. That's likely to be around 35lb of lean mass you lost. Which is pretty consistent with very fast weight loss on a low protein diet.

Also, even if/when you start strength training, you're not going to gain back that lean mass eating tiny quantities of protein. That's not physically possible for the same reason why builders can't build houses without raw materials such as bricks.

Oh but wait, humans are herbivores and your body breaks the laws of physics, chemistry and biology.

18tgturepcup9png.png

Odds are he thinks definition is growth, you can't grow on a deficit regardless your body doesn't work that way ... even more so with out protein....

Yeah your in "your body" and your right, no one else knows what it's like ... so given your logic that you are the exception... even more so to my previous point you shouldn't be giving advice as the "exception" now should you...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    [/quote] I'm on my way down, and i'm still far from skinny. In the picture you are basing your entire opinion of my off of, i had just lost 75 LBS in 4 months. It's a process. Did you develop your arms in a couple of days? I'll put on more muscle when i choose to add strength training to my routine. You keep blah, blah, blahing about losing muscle mass, but all you have is one picture of me. I live in this body every day. I am not lacking muscle mass, and i have not lost muscle mass since losing a bunch of fat, as i have said before, and you seem to ignore, i have GAINED muscle mass on every muscle that i have worked out with regularly since switching to this diet.
    [/quote]

I didn't develop my arms in a few days but before I ever touched a weight they were larger and more muscular than your's are now after months of training because A) I'm a human male and B) I ate a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy and meat. You know, that same kind of diet that humans have been consuming for thousands of years because it's what's best for them.
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    In for amazing thread!

10/10
    Would read again.