Mean rude people at the pool!!!!

Options

Replies

• JDingmanSr
    JDingmanSr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That was not a dig toward you, it was more of a round about compliment. I played Junior Hockey when I was younger and when I turned 50 I went to play in a men's league because they were desperate for goalies, and one of the kids saw me walking up with my goalie pads draped over my shoulders and asked "Aren't you too old to play goalie?" Now that is NOT a compliment. However, to this date that young man has failed to score one me even though he has had several breakaways :)

Trust us.....it was a compliment
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that was a compliment. Not really sure how that was rude. Did I miss something in your post?

When I play basketball at the park, people ask me what school I used to played for. I take that as a compliment all day everyday!
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something, because I would have taken this as "not bad, you must have been a diver at some point." :smile:

My thoughts exactly.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    617_zps73dadc27.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    He's just pissed that he's mastered the cannonball but the can opener remains woefully out of reach.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Either the OP just turned 30, 40, or is generally having an 'i hate being old' day lol
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Either the OP just turned 30, 40, or is generally having an 'i hate being old' day lol
    Or maybe he was joking... I'm not entirely sure.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I was wearing an Army Airborne shirt a few months ago, and this guy out of nowhere says “you used to be Airborne”? I blew up and just punched him in the face, screaming “what do you mean “used to”, do I look too old to jump out of a plane?” Idiot!!!!!! Sigh…
    Finally someone gets it! It's amazing all the people here who think it's totally ok to be rude.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Um, they probably meant "you used to dive competitively?"
    I think it was a compliment.
    Exactly.

+1

(some people just are not great at giving compliments and it comes off weird...I kinda get it OP)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You went off the deep end with this dude , sorry yes pun intended.
    Always look for the positive and believe it was meant as a compliment more or less.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Totally rude! Definitely boycott that pool. :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    JBU
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm older than you are, and also a mid-western'er (originally from northern WI) and to be truthful, I didn't think it was a rude comment either. But then, maybe you had to be there and actually hear it. But to each his own. if you were offended, then I feel bad that you were hurt. sorry.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Dude, that sounded like a compliment.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. It was a compliment. It wasn't even a backhanded compliment. The lifeguard probably sees a lot of belly flops and cannon balls.

Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg: "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Um, they probably meant "you used to dive competitively?"
    I think it was a compliment.

^ This
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    3023108-8004800126-media_preview.php
  • morteetee
    Options
    I think it was a compliment! You probably looked great - be happy!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You should probably do some strength training to give you more of that "diver" look.

Squats and deadlifts.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Or maybe he was joking... I'm not entirely sure.

you mean i've been drawn into another one?