Mean rude people at the pool!!!!

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Someone saw me finish a quarter pounder and they were like "wow, did you used to be fat?".

Eta: this is a troll thread, guys, responding to a now-deleted thread from last night.

can someone give a summary of said thread... or at least tell me what compliment the OP took as an insult in that thread

OP was 18 year old girl who received a PM from another member. In the opening of the PM the sender commented on the OP "getting started early having kids" because she's a mum.

OP posts a thread "omg why is everyone so rude" where everyone told her to sit the hell down and stop being so sensitive, because the message was merely stating an observed fact.

OP's thread got deleted because it degraded into LOLOL MEAN PEOPLE LOLOLOL GIFS

OP made another thread *****ing about her thread being deleted.

That thread has degraded into gifs and is awaiting deletion.

I'd take it as a compliment if someone said that to me because I had my first age 30 :laugh:

That just reminded me. I got insulted by a crotchety old man for having a baby later in life (I was 40). He looked me right in the eye and said 'It's women like you who the problem with this country, you know.' I assume he meant I was selfishly devoted to my career rather than pregnant at 18. In truth, I hadn't met my husband until I was 36. I'm sure that would have been a wasted explanation on this guy though. I was too speechless to answer.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I was in a toy store looking for GI Joes for my little nephew and someone asked me if I used to play with them.

tumblr_inline_mq7wkyGUb71qz4rgp.gif

I hope you swung your nephew around your head like an Olympic hammer, let out a blood curdling scream and flung him at the rude bstard.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I was at the pool swimming and diving, and after I finished I walked past the lifeguard on the way out, who asked me, "you used to dive?"

I was like, "What is that supposed to mean? Are you calling me old? Or are you saying I'm not good enough to dive anymore?"

How are people like that allowed to walk around and breathe the same air as the rest of us who aren't mean and rude?
    It could be worse. It's not quite as bad as starting a stupid thread on MFP about an incident that didn't actually happen.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I was at the pool swimming and diving, and after I finished I walked past the lifeguard on the way out, who asked me, "you used to dive?"

I was like, "What is that supposed to mean? Are you calling me old? Or are you saying I'm not good enough to dive anymore?"

How are people like that allowed to walk around and breathe the same air as the rest of us who aren't mean and rude?
    It could be worse. It's not quite as bad as starting a stupid thread on MFP about an incident that didn't actually happen.

I'm glad you're very self-aware. I wish you well on your continued path towards making amends with the forums. :flowerforyou:
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

And nowhere NEAR as bad as having a sense of humour. God DAMMIT I hate people who joke about stuff on the internet. Don't they understand how IMPORTANT everything is?!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Someone saw me finish a quarter pounder and they were like "wow, did you used to be fat?".

Eta: this is a troll thread, guys, responding to a now-deleted thread from last night.

can someone give a summary of said thread... or at least tell me what compliment the OP took as an insult in that thread

OP was 18 year old girl who received a PM from another member. In the opening of the PM the sender commented on the OP "getting started early having kids" because she's a mum.

OP posts a thread "omg why is everyone so rude" where everyone told her to sit the hell down and stop being so sensitive, because the message was merely stating an observed fact.

How is hijacking my thread supporting or motivating?
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

It's okay, it's just water weight.
    Don't weigh every day.
    Eat more protein.
    Make sure to take measurements!
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I was in a toy store looking for GI Joes for my little nephew and someone asked me if I used to play with them.

tumblr_inline_mq7wkyGUb71qz4rgp.gif

I hope you swung your nephew around your head like an Olympic hammer, let out a blood curdling scream and flung him at the rude bstard.

Damn skippy. NOBODY makes reasonable assumptions about ME and gets away with it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

You had plenty of supporting and motivating posts on this thread. You are just choosing to ignore all the posts that are telling you that you are wrong, and getting all offended when they are trying to be helpful and honest.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

And nowhere NEAR as bad as having a sense of humour. God DAMMIT I hate people who joke about stuff on the internet. Don't they understand how IMPORTANT everything is?!

And how many foods are out there that are BAD for you??!! This is SERIOUS business!

1zbdy5w.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    Options

You had plenty of supporting and motivating posts on this thread. You are just choosing to ignore all the posts that are telling you that you are wrong, and getting all offended when they are trying to be helpful and honest.

Relax. His post was tongue in cheek.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I got that, so was my response :ohwell:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I'd take it as a compliment if someone said that to me because I had my first age 30 :laugh:

That just reminded me. I got insulted by a crotchety old man for having a baby later in life (I was 40). He looked me right in the eye and said 'It's women like you who the problem with this country, you know.' I assume he meant I was selfishly devoted to my career rather than pregnant at 18. In truth, I hadn't met my husband until I was 36. I'm sure that would have been a wasted explanation on this guy though. I was too speechless to answer.

yeah that's actually rude.... :grumble:

you're probably right at wasted explanation.... and it's none of his business anyway. In the past women kept on having babies until the menopause stopped them, so it's not even anything new having babies later in life. By age 40 they might be on kid no 8 or so. Nothing new... family planning has greatly improved life for people. My dad's paternal grandmother died from complications of childbirth after kid number 11. My granddad and all his siblings were raised by the oldest daughter who was 12 at the time and the oldest son had to quit school to go and work to help support the family, and both my grandparents were in jobs with wages by age 14 and my dad''s mother had to skip school to help look after younger siblings before that.... yep I think family planning is a good thing....
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Folks are way too sensitive these days. No offense meant to anyone, now.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Because people suck, that's why! Aren't we all supposed to be supportive of each other??

x6ez4n.jpg

Just here to say that I love this.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    As long as nobody is mean to you on the internet, that would be even more horrible.
    I know, really! Fortunately I've never seen that happen on the internet.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Oh! My apologies. :blushing: The absence of a cat gif got me confused. :laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    Options

yeah that's actually rude.... :grumble:

you're probably right at wasted explanation.... and it's none of his business anyway. In the past women kept on having babies until the menopause stopped them, so it's not even anything new having babies later in life. By age 40 they might be on kid no 8 or so. Nothing new... family planning has greatly improved life for people. My dad's paternal grandmother died from complications of childbirth after kid number 11. My granddad and all his siblings were raised by the oldest daughter who was 12 at the time and the oldest son had to quit school to go and work to help support the family, and both my grandparents were in jobs with wages by age 14 and my dad''s mother had to skip school to help look after younger siblings before that.... yep I think family planning is a good thing....

Agreed! What a story!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Oh! My apologies. :blushing: The absence of a cat gif got me confused. :laugh:

I have been meaning to put more effort into the whole gif thing. My bad for omitting it! :happy:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    1zbdy5w.jpg
    Did that dog used to be a bobsledder?