Mean rude people at the pool!!!!

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Because people suck, that's why! Aren't we all supposed to be supportive of each other??

x6ez4n.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Because people suck, that's why! Aren't we all supposed to be supportive of each other??

x6ez4n.jpg
    Yeah. We're all here for the same reason, to support each other. I don't know why people can't just support my journey.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    So, did you use to dive?
  • Siannah
    Options
    When you were still young and hot I mean.
  • Siannah
    Options
    Only joking
  • RhysJ13
    RhysJ13 Posts: 72
    Options
    That's out of order. You should have punched that nerd straight in the face.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    So, did you use to dive?

Finally someone asked the question:smile:

To be honest, I can't tell if his being serious or facetious.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something, because I would have taken this as "not bad, you must have been a diver at some point." :smile:

Yeah, same here. :/
  • LeahNMe
    LeahNMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think someone is being overly sensitive. I would have taken it as it was asked, a simple question. You don't know if the lifeguard noticed your form and recognized a competitive diver or if he was just being mean, but I guess how you would 'hear' that question is more of a reflection of the 'hearer' than the asker.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something, because I would have taken this as "not bad, you must have been a diver at some point." :smile:

Yeah this. Let's not bee too sensitive.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    *cough*
    [OP profile]
    "I have no interest in people who can't put effort into becoming a grownup and working to acquire basic skills like moderation and how to deal with people disagreeing with or correcting you without getting all butthurt."
    *cough*

Physician, heal thyself?
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You should've just said "Dive this!" and then slapped his face with your ****.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I was wearing an Army Airborne shirt a few months ago, and this guy out of nowhere says “you used to be Airborne”? I blew up and just punched him in the face, screaming “what do you mean “used to”, do I look too old to jump out of a plane?” Idiot!!!!!! Sigh…

Anger management issues much (I'm assuming you're joking about assaulting someone.....)

To the OP, sounds like you need a thicker skin.... I don't know how old this lifeguard was but anyone over the age of 30 is ancient to teenagers (I'm practically a fossil)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    how did you deduce all that malice from that one sentence?

This. Yeah...wtf?
  • dianemmn
    dianemmn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was wearing an Army Airborne shirt a few months ago, and this guy out of nowhere says “you used to be Airborne”? I blew up and just punched him in the face, screaming “what do you mean “used to”, do I look too old to jump out of a plane?” Idiot!!!!!! Sigh…

Anger management issues much (I'm assuming you're joking about assaulting someone.....)

To the OP, sounds like you need a thicker skin.... I don't know how old this lifeguard was but anyone over the age of 30 is ancient to teenagers (I'm practically a fossil)

I thought that too! I would have had him up on a charge for bringing the Army into disrepute.Always assume they are walts:smile:
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I get comments like that sometimes for example, "your hot for being a mom" and that type of thing. I just let it roll off my shoulder, and try not to worry about it. Some people are just jerks, others are just poor spoken so can't communicate their feelings in a way that is appropriate.
    seriously how can you take this as anything but a compliment? have you seen the moms walking around WalMart?..to the OP,,lighten up,I believe it was meant in a nice way,but now he thinks your a jerk..so there is that.People have called me a ***** before,,I take it and own it! Yes I can be and I am good at it when the need arises!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Someone saw me finish a quarter pounder and they were like "wow, did you used to be fat?".

Eta: this is a troll thread, guys, responding to a now-deleted thread from last night.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

omg this! I was in Mexico with my high school Spanish class, and we dressed up the last night there to go see Mass at the local church in the wee town we were in. I decided at the last minute not to go, and hung out at the basketball court just outside, watching the kids play. They came up to me, and were like, "are you the teacher?" (both she and I had stayed behind the few nights that everyone else had gone to play basketball), and I said "no, I'm one of the students, I'm just 18." And then all those 6-10 year olds said "No, you're like 35, you're *old*!!"

What every 18-year-old wants to hear. ;) So even students are wizened ancients!
  • PAHam
    PAHam Posts: 1
    Options
    Um, they probably meant "you used to dive competitively?"
    I think it was a compliment.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    You should've just said "Dive this!" and then slapped his face with your ****.

this is the only response that would have allowed you to save face