How to start a juice cleanse?

Options
I'm looking to start a 3 day cleanse next week and I'm just wondering what would be the best way to go about it? I love drinking Suja Juices but they can get expensive. Should I invest in a juicer? How much juice would I need to drink a day?

Replies

• nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Donuts? But serious though.. why the cleanse? You body does that on it's own, it doesn't really need your help. Just add additional fiber to your diet and drink plenty of water. No need to deprive your system of nutrients for three days.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start a 3 day cleanse next week and I'm just wondering what would be the best way to go about it? I love drinking Suja Juices but they can get expensive. Should I invest in a juicer? How much juice would I need to drink a day?

You can paypal me the money and I'll give you nothing - because that's exactly what the cleanse will do for you.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Donuts? But serious though.. why the cleanse? You body does that on it's own, it doesn't really need your help. Just add additional fiber to your diet and drink plenty of water. No need to deprive your system of nutrients for three days.
    This^ Especially the donuts.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    wait i'll get popcorn
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Because I'm already in a snitty mood and don't mind being labeled as a 'rude' person.

Drink juice.
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Best way to go about it: don't.
    Should you invest in a juicer?: Why would a probably expensive (actual juicers are expensive, as are high-quality blenders) piece of equipment be a worthwhile investment for a three-day event? (Yes, I know this argument can be made about many material things.)
    How much juice?: Well, since most cleanses involve drinking only, and you'd need at least 1200 calories/juice/day, I'd say probably 96 ounces. I dunno about you, but drinking that much liquid going from the amount of liquid I normally drink would probably make me ill, especially with no solid to sop it up in my stomach.

Why do you want to do this? You're not "flushing out toxins"; your body has organs that are perfectly capable of processing toxins without mucking up your food intake. It's certainly not a sustainable way to lose weight, and the only "jump-start" you'd see would be losing a bunch of water weight, which doesn't mean anything.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No need to deprive your system of nutrients for three days.
    Fresh juice has a lot more nutrients than a lot of food people are eating these days.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

What are you cleansing? Are you using bleach?

Rigger
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

The best way to start a cleanse? First, check to make sure you're alive. You are? Great. Second, check to see if you have organs. The way to do this is to perform the first step of making sure you're alive. If you're alive, you have organs. Finally, continue to be alive and have organs indefinitely, and your body will cleanse itself. Now, that'll be 3 easy payments of only $19.95.

:laugh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    No need to deprive your system of nutrients for three days.
    Fresh juice has a lot more nutrients than a lot of food people are eating these days.

Doesn't mean one should do a 3-day "cleanse" with it.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Okay if I knew everyone was going to be a ****ing *kitten* about this, I wouldn't have asked.

Because nobody is cheering on this horrible decision? Maybe you do need some juice lol
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Okay if I knew everyone was going to be a ****ing *kitten* about this, I wouldn't have asked.
    Welcome to MFP. Most of these people have so much food industry propaganda ingrained in their minds, they just simply don't know anything else. Anything they know little or nothing about, they pretend they are experts, and will tell you to avoid.

If you want to do a juice fast, go ahead. The most important things to remember, are use fresh juice. Nothing from a bottle. And plan your POST fast diet! That is the most important part! If you go back to eating crap food, you will be doing yourself no favors.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Why pay that much for a good quality juicer for just three days, you can try eating the fruits/veggies you would be juicing. But again, what are you hoping to achieve with this 3 day cleanse?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

I'll admit to being rough around the edges (and at the core) but cleanses aren't going to do anything useful. They're nonsense through and through.
    Also, there's thread after thread after... (you get the idea) about cleanses and their total uselessness.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Don't