People suck.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I doubt this will be the only time you'll deal with a social situation that involves food. Figure out a way to better participate next time to prevent comments that irk you. Try getting a plate and just have small portions or load up on veggies or something. Eat slowly so you don't "stuff your face" and go back for multiple plates.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    And when you're looking 10/10 they'll ask "what did you do? What's the secret?!"
  • monicapatituccijones
    monicapatituccijones Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The solution that has worked for me in similar situations, when people start commenting on my food, is to say, very politely, "I'm satisfied with my food. Thank you." And smile sweetly. If they don't drop it, repeat the same thing, over and over, in the same tone of voice. After a few repetitions, people feel ridiculous and walk away.

Never feel obligated to explain why you're eating what you're eating.

Them: Why are you eating that?
    You: <confused look> This is my food.
    Them: But the cake is delicious! And I made it for the potluck.
    You: This is my food. Thank you.
    Them: Are you trying to be antisocial?

I understand how people can get thrown for a loop the first time this sort of thing happens. You're not expecting people to be so damn pushy.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    I havent had that problem yet but i dont like too "optimistic" people:
    guy at gym: omg you must've lost a pound after the workout!
    same guy at gym next day: you must have lost a pound or two right?

I am not against comments like "i see you been losing some weight" but people who comments about it everyday annoys me just because its not like i am losing a pound everyday...

Also my parents always want me to try old clothes to see if they fit - it gets annoying fast plus i want to get rid of them and not have parents hoard them till i get lighter. I want to get new clothes not wear 4+ year old ones!
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The solution that has worked for me in similar situations, when people start commenting on my food, is to say, very politely, "I'm satisfied with my food. Thank you." And smile sweetly. If they don't drop it, repeat the same thing, over and over, in the same tone of voice. After a few repetitions, people feel ridiculous and walk away.

I understand how people can get thrown for a loop the first time this sort of thing happens. You're not expecting people to be so damn pushy.

Good solution if you want all your coworkers to view you as a lunatic.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Good solution if you want all your coworkers to view you as a lunatic.

Mine already do so I'm totally stealing this solution! :glasses: