Diet coke/pepsi addiction...HELP!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• hope19862000
    Options
    I used to drink up to 2 litres a day of diet coke, untill my manager made a bet with me, if i gave up the cola he would give up tea for lent, guess which one of us one that little bet:laugh: The first few days were hell I have to admit and I was like a cantakerous wagon, but | got there, now i just miss the fizz, fizzy water isnt the same:sad:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    if its not obvious to you then i suggest reading up on the paleo lifestyle...

I dont really need to clarify why its bad... its common sense and if thats something you lack then no further discussion is needed.

So man-made chemicals in soda are BAD, but the ones in the salad dressing, Quiznos Italian sub, Cadbury chocolate, Carl's Jr french fries, and Mr. Noodles - Noodles In A Cup - Chicken Simulated Flavour, 64 g in your food diary are made from what - magic?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I dont really need to clarify why its bad... its common sense and if thats something you lack then no further discussion is needed.

So man-made chemicals in soda are BAD, but the ones in the salad dressing, Quiznos Italian sub, Cadbury chocolate, Carl's Jr french fries, and Mr. Noodles - Noodles In A Cup - Chicken Simulated Flavour, 64 g in your food diary are made from what - magic?
    Dat paleo lifestyle
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Obviously putting man made chemicals into your system even if they do originate from natural products but are modified is not good for you.
    So vitamins and medicine aren't viable sources for human survival?
    Everyone can argue all day about scientific crap but honestly eat what you want if you get cancer and die its your choice.
    Science argues for itself. Hard to deny actual evidence when it's presented from clinical study. Choosing to ignore it would be ignorant.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dragirl68
    Options
    http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/jan03/012203/02p-0317_emc-000199.txt

Too much buzz about the dangers of drinking diet soda.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

We'll get rid of antibiotics, too, right?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options

Whew, way to be condescending to someone. And yes, it would be good to clarify because this additive is one of the most studied ever and there really hasn't been any credible evidence to show that it's "bad".
    People with common sense don't just take words of people who haven't given any good reason. People with common sense weigh facts then make an informed decision.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

We'll get rid of antibiotics, too, right?
    Nobody answered when I posed the question earlier; I wouldn't hold my breath waiting if I were you.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I've noticed diet soda makes me hungry........stay away!

I've noticed diet soda fills me up...drink up!
  • mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    There are a ton of products out there that are approved by the FDA and the ADA. That doesn't mean that they are good for you or that they won't put your body through hell in the long run. I guess since McDonalds is allowed to operate all around the world we should be eating that every day, right? Just because some persons grandmother has been drinking it for ages and is perfectly fine doesn't mean anything. My grandma has been smoking for 60 years and she is healthy as anything. Guess what? My husbands dad died of LUNG CANCER AT 40 from smoking. Cigarettes are perfectly legal! Guess that makes them okay?

Here is a study from the FDA (which I believe to be a credible source) on aspartame toxicity:

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/jan03/012203/02p-0317_emc-000199.txt

My thoughts exactly!
  • mc_hudd
    mc_hudd Posts: 47
    Options
    And don't forget that the FDA also approved thalydomide as being perfectly safe on the advice of Big Pharma scientists based on sound "scientific" evidence. And we all know what happened there. Not to mention the totally flawed study on saturated fat that still has repercussions today. I am waiting to see what the outcome is from the gross over prescription of "scientifically proven safe" statins.

Sorry if I sound a little too "conspiracy theory" but here I am very sceptical about "science" that is funded by pharmaceutical companies, chemical companies and governments and tend to keep an open mind about alternative sources of information.

Agreed!
  • berpdaesun
    Options
    Just try your best and stop drinking it. Just picture yourself without it and I'm sure if you keep in mind the self you can be without it will be super motivational!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Your food is killong you.
  • nbrown88ca
    nbrown88ca Posts: 33 Member
    Options

The fact that you looked up my diary is creepy. You obv need to get a life rather then troll ppl on the internet. I never said I didnt drink pop did I? I said its bad. I know what i put in my body if its good or not.

I hope you feel accomplished.

Gross.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

The fact that you looked up my diary is creepy. You obv need to get a life rather then troll ppl on the internet. I never said I didnt drink pop did I? I said its bad. I know what i put in my body if its good or not.

I hope you feel accomplished.

Gross.
    Weird. People do it all the time. If you don't want people to be able to look at your diary, don't have it public.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Your food is killong you.

:laugh:
  • apl77
    apl77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to love diet coke until I watched this on youtube - really worth a watch and helps you realise why it's not just sugar/cal free that affects you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI&feature=player_embedded