Do you feel it is important to sleep with your spouse?

Options
123457»

Replies

• SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I don't sleep as well with her in bed with me, but I do enjoy her in bed with me rather than sleeping alone. Waking up next to her is one of my favorite things of every day.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    there is no right or wrong answer to the question. every relationship is different. if I sleep with my boyfriend, I get about 2-3 hours of sleep a night. every night. that's it. that is not healthy and it's not sustainable. but i did it for years and was miserable. and all the people who are not affected by their partners' snoring? I can hear my boyfriend even when I move to the couch in the living room. I don't think he is particularly loud, I think I am just very sensitive. it's like the drip, drip, drip of water. the sound just gets magnified. I have to shut the bedroom door and turn the fan on in the living room. if I sleep with him, my lack of sleep just makes me angry at him. what is the point in that? at the end of the day we cuddle on the couch. and he makes sure I know I am loved, no matter where I sleep.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Yes because morning wood.

I'm slightly less attracted to you now. :laugh:

HIS morning wood, not mine... jeez! What's the lady equivalent of morning wood? Morning swamp? Morning dew? Morning slip and slide?

I would go with morning dew. Morning swamp sounds really dark and scary......hmmmm......hey honey, I found a new name for your cootchie.
  • scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    We go to bed together and wake up together. I love every moment of it. Knowing I'm ending my night in the arms of someone who makes me so happy can erase any stress of my day. It may work differently for others, but for me, it's necessary!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I believe so.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Idk, i don't really like sleeping alone even though I'm a bed hog
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    mandatory.

how else am i gonna *kitten* on her feet when i wake up from a scary dream?
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would freeze to death if I had to sleep alone.. Although I would need less caffeine. My husband thrashes about like a fish out of water-so do our kids.

I feel the exact same way!!!! :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    OK....OKAY!! I'll sleep with your spouse!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I prefer to sleep with other people's spouses.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just more comfortable on the couch. I don't think that harms the relationship in any way. If your talking separate beds, personally it wouldn't work for me. I like having her next to me when I roll over. The smell of her on the sheets when I go to bed first. Now there is the argument of bed hogging and half the time I wake up on a quarter of the bed almost falling off when she is sprawled out. It is what it is. Lol. Happy wife=happy life. I just know that's how I feel. All depends on the couple. Granted a good night's sleep is great. But what's more fun than poking your wife in the *kitten* when ya wake up in the middle of the night wanting a second helping. :D
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses today. Sleeping in the same bed was definitely more important to me early in our relationship. Now I just want a good night's sleep.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses today. Sleeping in the same bed was definitely more important to me early in our relationship. Now I just want a good night's sleep.

It was a very interesting thread indeed. I enjoyed people's opinions.