Is 160 pounds too fat to wear a bikini?

Options
Hi I am looking for your honest opinion. I am a 23 year old female. I am 5'5" and 160 pounds. Do I weigh too much to wear a bikini. My mom told me I don't have the body to wear a bikini. I just want the opinion from other women who weigh about the same as me or wore a bikini when they weighed 160 pounds.

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Do you have a body? If so, you have a bikini body.

And anyone who says otherwise is self righteous and not worth worrying about. .
  • metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear a bikini, wear a bikini! :drinker:
  • DJLMB
    DJLMB Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You should see this ;)

http://dailyoftheday.com/how-to-get-a-bikini-body/

If you want to wear a bikini, wear a bikini, because the only person whose opinion matters is yours.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ah no...see profile pic...that was in feb and I was 163-165...

I am a bit taller but if you want to wear one wear it.
  • Lauryn2888
    Lauryn2888 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you're 95 pounds or 300 pounds, if you feel confident and comfortable in a bikini, do it!

There is no weight limit!

mwuah!
  • littleamy94
    Options
    I'm the same weight as you and i think, who cares what others think? People might think we weigh too much for a bikini but so what, the people who say this might weigh the same but might not look it. The world is so judgemental on looks but it really shouldn't matter. If you want to wear a bikini, you wear a bikini.
  • Pransky
    Pransky Posts: 1
    Options
    I completely agree. As long as you feel comfortable in it, wear what ever style of bathing suit you like. I'm sure you'll rock it! :)
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    If you want to wear a bikini, wear a bikini! :drinker:

This...I weigh more than 160 and I'm in a bikini (see pic)....wear it if you want...and OWN THAT SHIZZ!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Screw your mom's opinion. I am 5'4" and when I was 160 I RAWKED a bikini. I would do it again.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Well, there's 160 and then there's 160 with muscle. Do you have it? Do YOU feel good in a bikini? If YOU -- and only you, not your mom, sister, friend, hubby, boyfriend -- feel great in a bikini, ROCK the bikini! :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The choice to wear a bikini or not is yours. If you choose to do so I seriously doubt you'll be the heaviest person wearing one.

But since you asked for opinions, my honest opinion is that it depends on how fit you are. 5'5" and 160 lbs can look very different in a bikini depending on your fat to muscle ratio.
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 176lbs and i always where a bikini.....If you feel good in it wear it. If you try it on and dont like it use that for motivation. It dose'nt matter what others think!
  • jlizzied
    jlizzied Posts: 3
    Options
    Wear a bikini!!! And when you pass a nice looking man wiggle your bum!! Your beautiful the way you are, and confidence does a lot for you appearance ????
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How do YOU feel in a bikini?? No matter how skinny I get I will prolly never be in one again. I don't feel comfortable. If you do, then go for it!! The worse thing would be getting somewhere and staying in your cover up all day or walking around with your hands/arms trying to cover your body. then everyone knows how uncomfortable/self conscious you are.

Go suit shopping and try on EVERY style till you find the one that makes you feel like a million bucks and THAT's the one. No matter the type!

Good luck Honey!! You will rock whichever you choose!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    First of all, I have NEVER ever worn a bikini. At any weight. I've always envied those women at the beach who might have had some extra poundage, but they didn't care, wore bikinis, and you know what? They sure looked like they were happier and having more fun that me in my once piece with shorts to cover my thighs. If you have that beautiful confidence it takes for ANY WOMAN to wear a bikini, then rock it girl!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    wear what you want no matter your size as long as you feel comfortable and happy

im soooooo sick of people thinking they can tell fat women/women in general what they can & can't wear ahhhh
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts.

The sooner you learn not to give a damn about other peoples' opinion of you, the better off you will be. You will not hurt a soul if you wear a bikini.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    No one is "too fat" to wear a bikini. Just wear what you want with confidence and eff the rest.
  • heh7370
    heh7370 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Rock that bikini! If you feel confident about it then you'll look amazing!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini last summer when I weighted 165(I'm 5'5'' too). I wasn't really happy in it, but I survived. But that's just me. I'm 138 now, tried a bikini a couple of days ago and felt the same like when I was 165. It's all about how you feel.