Is 160 pounds too fat to wear a bikini?

Options

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini and look in the mirror. If you like what you see, why do you care about what others might think?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini last summer at 154lbs, and that's after having had 2 children. I'm 5'6. It just depends how confident you feel. I actually think I look better in a bikini than in a one piece, but I have an hourglass figure. I'm pregnant now so wouldn't wear a bikini!
  • assNtitties
    Options
    I wish I was still 160 to rock a bikini this summer. Go for it girl! :wink:
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    There will be thinner people than you in bikinis and fatter people than you in bikinis, no matter what you weigh - and nobody will be paying them any attention. What your mum is really saying is she wouldn't be comfortable in a bikini - you're not her. Wear what you want.

This is the first quote in the world that actually makes me want to take a look at the range of bikinis!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what your mum says. It's your life.

Go find the nicest bikini you love and wear it at your mums. Put on some music LMFAO Sexy and I know it, and skip and dance in her living room in your bikini. Problem solved.
  • dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    Options
    Nope. I wore one last summer, I weighed more than you and I am about your height. No one stared or laughed and even if they did, I guess I didn't see because I was busy having fun. Don't worry, just do as you like. It will be fine :)
  • blovesit
    blovesit Posts: 20
    Options
    A bikini body is just the stage where you feel feel comfy wearing a bikini...if you feel comfy....DO IT!
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Hi I am looking for your honest opinion. I am a 23 year old female. I am 5'5" and 160 pounds. Do I weigh too much to wear a bikini. My mom told me I don't have the body to wear a bikini. I just want the opinion from other women who weigh about the same as me or wore a bikini when they weighed 160 pounds.

How do you feel wearing a bikini? They make bikinis for every size.
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    You should see this ;)

http://dailyoftheday.com/how-to-get-a-bikini-body/

If you want to wear a bikini, wear a bikini, because the only person whose opinion matters is yours.

That was great! :happy:
  • nicolemviolette
    nicolemviolette Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Jeeez, 160 pounds? That aint bad :) If you wanna wear one, friggan wear it! Lol. I wish I had the confidence to wear my bikini!!! Im 5'11 & When I was 140 pounds I felt way too self concious.
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5, nearly a stone heavier than you and i wear a bikini.

but not to work.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 171 lb and I wear a bikini, I know there are even much much heavier people than me who wear bikinis! Don't worry what anyone else says, wear what feels right to you!
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 165lbs - I always wear a bikini. Even when we went to Bulgaria and I was 7 months pregnant and weighed about 180lbs I wore a bikini. I originally took some tankinis with me to cover my belly, but with a growing bump and the heat I ended up saying "Sod it!!" and I wore the bikinis.

I enjoyed our holiday, and I felt a lot more comfortable - there were a few stares but I think that's because people weren't used to seeing a pregnant girl with her belly on show in public, not because I was wearing a bikini.

Wear what makes you happy :flowerforyou:
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I find it odd when people debate a bikini or a one piece. Is a few inches of fabric over or not over your stomach that big of a deal? I mean you half naked anyway. People can still see the shape of your body in a one piece.

Nudity for everyone.

This!!! I so agree with this!!
    I am 5'9", well over 200 lbs., age 35, and I've had two children. IDGAF. I wear bikini's every summer. They are easier to change in and out of while I am on vacation. Easier to go to the bathroom. I am just more comfy. If you don't like what you see - don't look. I really don't think a bathing suit covers THAT much more that it really matters.
  • 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i agree with almost all of the posters on here, u can wear whatever you like, it is how u feel that matters!!!!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    i agree with almost all of the posters on here, u can wear whatever you like, it is how u feel that matters!!!!

Yes, for sure

On that note then, can I assume that I would get the same responses if I - a middle aged guy carrying some extra pounds, asked if I should wear a thong on the beach?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It isn't your mother's decision. You might want to wear it so you can tan more of your body, or because you like the way you feel, or for whatever reason. Someone elses opinion of appearance has no bearing on that. There are some who will like the appearance and there are some who won't, this is true of anyone at any weight. If you want to wear it, then do!
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No one ever lay on their deathbed wishing they had lacked courage and had let everyone else tell them what they could do! Girl, you are 23! Life is too short to spend it worrrying about what other people think you should be wearing! Besides, a tan, from a bottle of course (strategic application) makes you look thinner. Always wear sunscreen!
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bikinis are like speedos. If you're going to wear it, own it. If you can't own it, don't wear it. The choice is yours.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ...And to accessorize my bikini I also wore my confidence because life is short....

love this ^