Odd assumptions

Options

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Most people assume I'm a stereotypical stay at home mom that depends on her husband for man-tasks.

I have 3 kids (3 year old twins and a 5 year old), a full-time breadwinner career, and I can do my own damn electrical/plumbing/handyman repairs around the house. :tongue:

Dad didn't raise a subordinate daughter.

My boss was jaw-dropped when I told him I had to replace some of the plumbing in my house. By myself. :drinker:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Most people think I give a shlt what they think.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have boobs, therefore I must be dumb.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have boobs, therefore I must be dumb.

You have boobs, therefore, most men stop thinking about anything else. :laugh:
  • BigBellyGoAway
    Options
    Most people think I'm sweet.... I've even been called Angelic! Ha, if they only knew :devil:

Inquiring minds want to know!
  • BigBellyGoAway
    Options
    Most people assume I am angry and/or mean. it's mainly because I don't smile a whole lot and i am often quiet in large social situations

I have had multiple people tell me that they thought I was a jerk, or they were intimidated by me until they got to know me. Just a couple weeks ago, I was just standing in a bar not doing anything and a guy came up to me and started telling me that he bets I am one bad mother (shut yo mouth). I honestly think he though about fighting me, but some how decided that it wasn't a good idea, and then, in a weird way, admired me... when I hadn't really done anything. But he was drunk, so...

And while I will stand up and/or fight if necessary, in general I'm pretty happy-go-lucky, laid back, amiable person. I just look like I am not.

I get this a lot too. Comes with being an introvert who rarely shows emotion.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I've been told I look innocent, which is funny. People think I am shy, I am not, just quiet or do not like the conversation or people. The best one was when I was a teenager, people assumed I was a satanist because I was "gothic" at the time, silliest thing ever.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    People assume that since I'm tall, I must be good at sports.

They also assume that my shyness is just me being snobby.

Many also assume that since I'm quiet and mild mannered, they can push me around and I won't fight back. That's not true anymore. :wink:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    that I am a witch :smile:
    that I am mean :smile:
    that I do not want to talk to them (they are usually right)
    that I only listen to heavy metal or something
    that I am goth lolooolo
    that I must be kinky and crazy
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    People assume that I am:

a) nice
    b) sweet
    c) outgoing

and when I just sit there brooding quietly about life instead of being the life of the party, they get disappointed.

Also, why in the hell does everyone assume I want to "go dancing with the girls?" No thank you.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    People often make assumptions about me that I'm a snob, or a b1*ch because I am more of a reserved person, and get kind of shy until I get to know someone. Others who have gotten to know me well have described me as having a 'resting b1*tch face" haha, so I'm probably doomed on people's 'assumptions' of me.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    People assume I'm part white...

...when I'm half Hispanic....

THEN they assume I speak spanish.

...I don't. lol :noway:

@ummlovelovesyou
    LOL... one of my best friends is Mexican and doesn't speak a word of Spanish... it's hilarious when we go out and the Hispanic guys try to hit on her... you KNOW they don't believe for a moment that she really can't understand them! :bigsmile:
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

^^^This...all day long.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    Options
    People assume I'm part white...

...when I'm half Hispanic....

THEN they assume I speak spanish.

...I don't. lol :noway:

LOL... one of my best friends is Mexican and doesn't speak a word of Spanish... it's hilarious when we go out and the Hispanic guys try to hit on her... you KNOW they don't believe for a moment that she really can't understand them! :bigsmile:

I have a good friend who is a light skinned black guy. When he was living in NYC, people would always come up to him speaking Spanish because they assumed he was Puerto Rican. It would make him so mad. :laugh:
  • sheskimtastic
    Options
    People often assume that I'm an obnoxious outgoing girl who just wears glasses to look smart...I'm legally blind without them and my graduate degree says I'm smart enough.

They also assume I go out and party all the time because I live in a college town. It gets annoying when I constantly get asked how much I drink.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    A lot of people assume I am a quiet person - then they get to know me :tongue:

Growing up (and even still) people thought I was slow when it came to learning. I made average grade. Just because I wasn't at the top of the class, doesn't mean I was a slow learner. Pass in my school was 70 and I never failed one class. When I finished high school, I was on the B Honour Roll. I went off to college and earned a Bachelor's degree (One of the first that I went to school with that did. Mind you I went to a small private school and there was 9 in my graduating class). From there I decided to get my Masters. I had someone tell me "what makes you think you can get your masters. You barely got your Bachelors." I have a Master of Science degree. Three years ago I went back to school and got my Paralegal degree. I graduated with honours. (I was 0.25 away from graduating with high honours) . Now people think I am smart! Not really! I've just worked hard and studied hard!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    A lot of people think I'm a b*tch because I have the blonde hair. I'm not :) I'm very nice.
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't know and I don't want to know what people think about me, lol