Odd assumptions

Options

Replies

• The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Basically, anything i enjoy doing people assume i wouldnt enjoy doing.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    People assume I'm quiet. And normal.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oh wow haha! Most people just assume that I'm either too weird to hang out with or so sweet they can walk all over me.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    That because I'm sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor that I'm not sensitive.

When people *really* know me they know that I actually get my feelers hurt quite easily.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    most people think I give a F$%k....but in reality my give a F$%k meter is busted
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    People assume that I know EVERYTHING about EVERY piece of software ever made because I work on computers. Students constantly ask me how to do stuff in Photoshop, JCreator, etc.

I'm just like, "I just install the software. I don't know how to use it. Google it." Then they get mad at me and I just walk away.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Because I have worked at my dad's auto repair shop since I was like, 16 I get all kinds of fun assumptions.

Mostly, people assume that I am about 10-15 years younger than I actually am, that I never went to college or held another job.
    People also have a tendency to assume I am an unmarried, single mother living with my parents. A few have apparently thought I was a teen mom.

First am not sure how people miss that I've been making their inspection appointments for 10 years and think I am 18-19. Second, hail to Pitt, and third, I was the evening manager of a Rite Aid by the time I was 20, writing quarter to half a million dollar grants by the time I was 25. I've operated my own successful wedding photography for, oh 4 years now. Also, married, own my own house.

Overly the years, I've gone from really angry/annoyed to generally perplexed by people who assume that if you work for your parents at a business that's been around for 40 years, you must be a degenerate or drain. I've come to enjoy embarrassing people who end up putting their foot in their mouths.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've had quite a few assumptions that I don't want kids, despite working with children from 16-23 and generally being a kid magnet and kid whisperer.

I've had a few assumptions that I'm Jewish...? :huh:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I always look angry but I am usually in a pretty good mood!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    People assume that sort of thing about me sometimes, but I head that crap off at the pass by showing pictures of my ice cream-covered, bacon-filled cinnamon rolls.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    People assume that sort of thing about me sometimes, but I head that crap off at the pass by showing pictures of my ice cream-covered, bacon-filled cinnamon rolls.

People here assume you don't know what vegetables taste like.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

People here assume you don't know what vegetables taste like.

Gotta love people and their assumptions.
  • sassycraftyfit
    Options
    People assume that because I am quite introverted, that I am also a push-over. Until I have to argue with them in court. They always seem shocked that I can advocate better than them. :wink:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    People think I am cold and aloof when I am introverted and a bit socially awkward.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    people assume I am quiet and serious... oh and a church mouse..... lol.... then they get to know me!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    - People think I'm either shy or snobby based on the fact that I keep to myself. Introvert problems.

-People think I'm naturally thin.

-People think I take my job more seriously than I really do. (I would quit in a heartbeat if I was told to do something I didn't want to do.)

-People assume that my husband and I have a lot of money. We make less than most people I know, but we are really good at being thrifty.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I have boobs, therefore I must be dumb.

This.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    People just assume i'm awesome.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    People just assume i'm awesome.

Cause beard. :drinker:
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That I'm hilarious and really confident. I'm some sort of a geek, and I'm reaaaally socially awkward hahaha *snort* ahaha.

giphy.gif

Oh and many think I'm a saint. :devil: