Odd assumptions

Options

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    People assume that I'm dumb and can't possibly be more successful than them without a man's financial support. They also assume that I'm shy.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Most people think I am a neck moving, finger waiving, "Oh no you didn't girl". But IDGAF what they think.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    People have assumed, when my son and I are out together, that we are a couple. Awkward.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have boobs, therefore I must be dumb.

This.

This, and in addition:

That I must be dumb because I actually make an effort on my appearance, whether it be fitness, makeup, appropriate clothing for my shape, etc. It's the weirdest kind of reverse-discrimination I've ever witnessed.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have assumed I was gay... not sure why. :/
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Most people think I'm girly and sqeaky and a bimbo.

I am girly and squeaky. I may have big boobs but also have brains. Most are surprised I'm actually a science geek :D

how you doin?

tumblr_m3vn7xW6Eo1qihztbo1_500.gif
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    People have assumed, when my son and I are out together, that we are a couple. Awkward.

Turn that around and take it as a compliment that you look young enough for people to think that. :bigsmile:
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    People assume just because I am big now that I was always that way and it just isn't true!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm an upper-class snob, biker, redneck, Russian, beach bunny who does yoga and only eats clean vegan foods except when I'm drinking all the bourbon.

I think.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    People assume im the typical big boobed blonde bimbo....

.....When in reality im a psychology graduate, heavily love my education, and enjoy learning and working as much as i can.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am a tattooed redhead so it is assumed I am a biker b!tch who eats souls.

Not true. I absorb them.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options

Not true. I absorb them.

Do souls have fewer calories if absorbed instead of eaten?
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Not true. I absorb them.

:heart: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    People always assume i'm outgoing and love to party.

I'm a homebody. :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Not true. I absorb them.

Do souls have fewer calories if absorbed instead of eaten?

Yes, but sadly, the fiber content is also lost.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    People make all kinds of wrong assumptions about me. Where I'm from or what I'm like based on the tattoos and piercings. Assume I'm not educated or that I'm a mean bastage because I don't smile and keep my head shaved.

Reality is I'm a geek and a UNIX Engineer. Grew up in the country so I'm still a bit of a closet redneck,and I'm actually really nice to people. I'm only mean when I need to be, but I do it well.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I will never understand the "oh you're a nurse? does that mean you're a naughty nurse?" mentality. :noway:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    -People assume that my husband and I have a lot of money. We make less than most people I know, but we are really good at being thrifty.

I've had so many weird money assumptions, going both directions. My husband and I are CRAZY-frugal and live beneath our means. I encounter very few people who really "get" our lifestyle. It is assumed that we're poorer or in worse financial shape than we are in most cases. Whether spoken directly or implied, I get this stuff:

"Oh so you guys rent? I bet you could buy a house with this special loan I heard about..." (We love the freedom of renting. I've owned and sold two different homes in the past and my husband could not care less about homeownership)

"Don't you hate how credit cards charge so much interest!?" (We pay ours off monthly and have zero debt)

"Wouldn't you love to be able to buy a new gigantic SUV?" (We could do this today, with relative ease, but our cars are clean, not that old, paid for and run well...we'll replace them with similar small economy cars when needed but not right away)

"How do you guys have the money to go off on all those fun trips and buy new clothes all of the time - but you don't have cable/satellite/the new iPhone???" (Thrift stores and different priorities!)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    -People assume that my husband and I have a lot of money. We make less than most people I know, but we are really good at being thrifty.

I've had so many weird money assumptions, going both directions. My husband and I are CRAZY-frugal and live beneath our means. I encounter very few people who really "get" our lifestyle. It is assumed that we're poorer or in worse financial shape than we are in most cases. Whether spoken directly or implied, I get this stuff:

"Oh so you guys rent? I bet you could buy a house with this special loan I heard about..." (We love the freedom of renting. I've owned and sold two different homes in the past and my husband could not care less about homeownership)

"Don't you hate how credit cards charge so much interest!?" (We pay ours off monthly and have zero debt)

"Wouldn't you love to be able to buy a new gigantic SUV?" (We could do this today, with relative ease, but our cars are clean, not that old, paid for and run well...we'll replace them with similar small economy cars when needed but not right away)

"How do you guys have the money to go off on all those fun trips and buy new clothes all of the time - but you don't have cable/satellite/the new iPhone???" (Thrift stores and different priorities!)

I totally get this! We have:
    -Nice cars
    -Big house
    -College fund for the baby

Besides that, there's nothing really we splurged on. We don't have:
    -Credit card debt (we pay ours off every month too)
    -Car payments
    -Any kind of debt other than our mortgage.
    -Frequent vacations
    -Cable/internet
    -And we almost never eat outside the home.