Paleo.

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Really? Kool-aid? Cute.

the original link that i had to send to tinypic came from a box out of baltimore iirc...apparently it's a shirt printed for crossfitters...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    1. It I nothing like how actually paleolithic people ate.
    2. It is not some magical fat loss solution.
    3. too restrictive for me.
    4. There are about 1000 different versions of it, which I am still trying to figure out why. If Paleo is so great why not do it 100% of the time.
    5. If you want to do it, great. Just realize, the previous four items that I posted still hold true.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Giving up legumes is stupid. Better advice is "eat more legumes"

I am still unsure as to what a legume is

Because they are so totally healthy for EVERYONE? Wrong.

Some people can eat legumes. Some cannot. So the ones who get sick from them should just keep eating them because you say they are good for everyone? Yeah, I was stupid like that for 20 years. Now I'll use my own brain and trust my own experience. But thanks anyway.

You got sick from legumes? Or you got sick from processed man-made food and too much sugar?

What evidence do you have that legumes made you sick? Did you have an illness that was cured by giving up legumes and nothing else?

No food, NOTHING, is healthy for everyone. Including the Paleo approved foods. But as a generaly recommendation, yeah, legumes are healthy food. And I think you couldn't provide any evidence to refute that.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

Do you really want someone to "prescribe" a diet for you, or would you rather eat foods you like? That's a question that I would ask myself. Since I don't have any health-related dietary restrictions, I just choose to eat what I like in moderation. I find that most sustainable and beneficial.

No. Its not that I am asking for someone to prescribe a diet to me just wondering what peoples thoughts were on said diet.

I think peoples diets are a personal thing. I have had a look at a few of the recipes and they look good. I doubt I could seriously cut stuff out of my diet like cheese or sugar.

Anything that advocates the following things are however good in my book... eggs... bacon....steak

What I was trying to say is this: You like all those things... eat them. If you're trying to lose weight, eat them in moderation. You asked our opinions, I gave you mine.
    Do we really need someone else to tell us what to eat? I don't. If you aren't having health issues, I say eat what you want. If you are, avoid those things that cause you problems. No need to complicate life.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    It simply means you reall need to understand the content of what you're putting into your body, and why. Paleo is strict, and if you're not well educated on why you're eating what you're eating then it could be very detrimental. Matter of fact, any diet is NOT an ideal diet for anyone who doesn't know the mitronutrition in the foods they are going to consume on the diet.
    I don't feel it is an ideal diet for anyone who doesn't know the micronutrition in the foods they are going to consume on the diet.

What do you mean by that?

translation, Paleo is only for those with genius level IQ....
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    4. There are about 1000 different versions of it, which I am still trying to figure out why. If Paleo is so great why not do it 100% of the time.
    5. If you want to do it, great. Just realize, the previous four items that I posted still hold true.

I was going to say the exact same thing, but as a sarcastic post based on the stereotypical response from the BS Brigade (man it would have been so good to have done it 5 minutes ago).
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Im having coffee with flavored milk right this second and i eat beans pretty much daily. Paleo would be a prison sentence for me. Others swear by it.

If you enjoy rigid plans go for it-i have 10000000 other, more important things to concern myself over

I hear paleo also helps with PMS

Regular exercise helps with PMS.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I have bacon cooked in butter on whole wheat bread smothered in cheese.
    If that's paleo then I am in.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Go to the Primal/Paleo Support Group. It gets stupid here. Unless you just want to hear how terrible and dangerous etc it is by people who know nothing about it and have never tried to eat a more biologically appropriate diet. Because everything in a box is the best food that we all should be eating. And the fact that most of society is fat/sick? Only because they lack "willpower". Nothing at all to do with the food we put in our bodies. :noway:

obesity = overeating..

is your claim really that you can overeat on paleo and still lose weight?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Go to the Primal/Paleo Support Group. It gets stupid here. Unless you just want to hear how terrible and dangerous etc it is by people who know nothing about it and have never tried to eat a more biologically appropriate diet. Because everything in a box is the best food that we all should be eating. And the fact that most of society is fat/sick? Only because they lack "willpower". Nothing at all to do with the food we put in our bodies. :noway:

Or HOW MUCH food we put in our bodies.
    Gotta agree... it's getting stupid in here.

LOL at "biologically appropriate"

You need to study history, biology, anthropology, nutrition, metabolic processes etc then. We've been highly processed foods for less than a hundred years. If you think that doesn't impact our physiology/health at all (and haven't read any of the mountains of research that supports it) then it's you that I'm LOLing at.

Yeah, okay. I'm not sure what YOU'RE studying, but I have a feeling it's a bunch of blogs and personal opinions.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

it's not restrictive...just buy our product. processed whey is as good as raw milk if we say so....

Choc30_powder_reflect__72057_zoom.jpg
  • ndj1979
    Options

grains are not allowed in Paleo ..or maybe that is just strict Paleo ....so you are probably out...
  • bcattoes
    Options

It's not. I don't know how bacon could even be considered Paleo since it is a man-made food.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    It simply means you reall need to understand the content of what you're putting into your body, and why. Paleo is strict, and if you're not well educated on why you're eating what you're eating then it could be very detrimental. Matter of fact, any diet is NOT an ideal diet for anyone who doesn't know the mitronutrition in the foods they are going to consume on the diet.
    I don't feel it is an ideal diet for anyone who doesn't know the micronutrition in the foods they are going to consume on the diet.

What do you mean by that?

translation, Paleo is only for those with genius level IQ....

That's kind Forrest, I know you feel that way sometimes, but were are all on a level playing field. Don't feel so inferior (your not, now chin up).
  • ndj1979
    Options

I was going to say the exact same thing, but as a sarcastic post based on the stereotypical response from the BS Brigade (man it would have been so good to have done it 5 minutes ago).

well we agree..shocking..the world must be about to end...
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

It's not. I don't know how bacon could even be considered Paleo since it is a man-made food.

I'm sure that they had bacon animals back in the day.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Or HOW MUCH food we put in our bodies.
    Gotta agree... it's getting stupid in here.

LOL at "biologically appropriate"

You need to study history, biology, anthropology, nutrition, metabolic processes etc then. We've been highly processed foods for less than a hundred years. If you think that doesn't impact our physiology/health at all (and haven't read any of the mountains of research that supports it) then it's you that I'm LOLing at.

Mountains of research? Meh - there is also plenty of research that suggests that processed foods are not dangerous.

Overeating any type of food will cause health related issues and weight gain.

Additionally, to suggest that humans have not changed or evolved over the last 10,000 years is a clear indication that you do not have a grasp on the subjects that you referenced.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Giving up legumes is stupid. Better advice is "eat more legumes"

I am still unsure as to what a legume is

Because they are so totally healthy for EVERYONE? Wrong.

Some people can eat legumes. Some cannot. So the ones who get sick from them should just keep eating them because you say they are good for everyone? Yeah, I was stupid like that for 20 years. Now I'll use my own brain and trust my own experience. But thanks anyway.

So people who CAN eat them SHOULDN'T because of your "biological issues"?

This is what starts to PISS ME OFF. I was responding to the previous blanket statement. I am talking about SOME PEOPLE like ME. I live with an entire group of people that do not tolerate legumes (Inuit) so I am far from a special snowflake. I did not make the blanket statement that NO ONE should eat legumes. SOME people should not eat legumes IF they get sick from them. (Is it logical to keep eating a food that makes one sick? I know it seems logical to some, not me!) OTHER PEOPLE CAN EAT LEGUMES WITH NO PROBLEMS. So, if they want to eat legumes- eat the legumes! DUH

Clear enough yet?

Reading skills and comprehension might come in handy.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

:love: :love: :love:
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

grains are not allowed in Paleo ..or maybe that is just strict Paleo ....so you are probably out...

Damn. Never mind :(