Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Nothing in what I wrote indicates anything about losing weight in an unhealthy way. Also, if you do not know that after losing over a hundred pounds you feel skinny, then you have never done it.

By the way, no one in their right mind ever, EVER gives up chocolate completely. As they say "All things in moderation".

Unfortunately, the title that you chose for your thread was coined by Kate Moss, noted for being particularly underweight even in the modeling world, and it's been picked up as a motto for the anorexia and thinspiration crowd. As such, it's become something of a lightening rod statement in fitness circles.

Three really great threads to get you moving in the right direction:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I like cake
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

Do you even pizza?
    Add to this, do you even beer?
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options

I will have to respectfully disagree with this because:
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Cookies
    Ice cream

And bacon. Don't forget bacon.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    There are LOTS of things that taste better than skinny feels.

Chocolate, fries, cookies, cupcakes, tacos, pizza, steak, alfedo, pie, hush puppies, cole slaw, chicken nuggets, gnocchi, butter, olive oil, bread sticks from Olive Garden, bacon, macaroni and cheese, cheese: all varieties, ranch dressing, deep fried ravioli, lasanga, sammiches: all varieties, cheeseburgers, ice cream, brownies, chips and salsa, sour cream, cheese and caramelized onion enchiladas, mashed potatoes, tater skins, did I say tacos? I did, but TACOS.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I like cake
    :flowerforyou:
    I'll drink to that.

Also, yay beer!
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    images.jpg
  • Lisacare
    Lisacare Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I first heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" from weight watchers. If I am not mistaken they are well known for ecouraging a very healthy way to loose weight. I feel it ridiculous that someone who is looking for a bikini body has any room to criticize someone who had over 100 pounds to loose.

I get exactly what you are saying! It's just a way to check yourself. I in no way believe 147lbs to be anorexic, so I think you are good. I get it, when your brain tells you to eat that entire pepperoni pizza, you can counter that with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and maybe than you choose a cheese pizza with turkey pepperoni or choose to eat one piece instead of the whole crapin thing. I totally get that and think it's a perfectly acceptable motto for you and wish you all the luck in the world!!! It's a long journey but indeed: " nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"!!!!

It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Disagree. In fact I've built my entire weight loss/fitness goal around the concept of 'just about everything tastes better than skinny feels'.

Evidence:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1203415-cookies-taste-better-than-skinny-feels

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Achrya (Blog title: Cookies>Most other things)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!

are you saying that pizza, beer, and other delicious things are inherently "mean"...? Oddly, I haven't seen a single negative reply in this thread.

like.. at all.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I first heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" from weight watchers. If I am not mistaken they are well known for ecouraging a very healthy way to loose weight. I feel it ridiculous that someone who is looking for a bikini body has any room to criticize someone who had over 100 pounds to loose.

I get exactly what you are saying! It's just a way to check yourself. I in no way believe 147lbs to be anorexic, so I think you are good. I get it, when your brain tells you to eat that entire pepperoni pizza, you can counter that with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and maybe than you choose a cheese pizza with turkey pepperoni or choose to eat one piece instead of the whole crapin thing. I totally get that and think it's a perfectly acceptable motto for you and wish you all the luck in the world!!! It's a long journey but indeed: " nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"!!!!

Thank You!!
  • cmaile767
    cmaile767 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't know where it originated. I am seeing that it has hit some people in a sore spot.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

It's a saying that values thinness over everything else. It has no place at Weight Watcher or MFP for anywhere not trying to promote disordered thinking about and relationship with food.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Nutella, and peanut butter sandwiches. Case closed.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Well, I *did* respectfully disagree. So I said it nicely.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I read your post, and congratulate you on your successes!

I fear, however, that this will derail quickly because your title and end line will spark off a typical MFP debate. (expect cat gifs by about page 5... I'm thinking).

Why? Well...
    a) "skinny" is a term that is interpreted on a huge spectrum of impressions. A skeleton with skin - that's my view of skinny. Non muscular, is also another thought that pops into my head. Weak, is how I think I'd feel if I were what I consider to be "skinny"
    Personally, I love the words
    FIT
    STRONG
    HEALTHY
    POWERFUL
    CAPABLE

b) That chocolate dip donut I had just now.. tasted really damn good. Way better than Skinny would feel to me. I do believe I'd trade "skinny" for "chocolate" if one had to exclude the other

c) the two things are not mutually exclusive. You can be Skinny / fit / healthy AND have yummy tasting food

d) often times... those who have actually attained "skinny" or "fit" or even "goal" - don't feel radically different, because in their minds eye, they still "FEEL" fat.

So - again, congrats on the purpose of your thread! It's always awesome to see people who have had an epiphany in their fitness life use it to share with others, and help motivate!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

I have tasted many things that are better than skinny feels.

So I eat them in smaller quantities now. WIN!
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

A) I'm 5'3" and my doctor set my goal weight is 140. Different strokes for different folks
    B) Buffalo wings with lots of blue cheese dressing
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Clearly, you've never microwaved a donut.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I will have to respectfully disagree with this because:
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Cookies
    Ice cream

BACON!!