Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!

are you saying that pizza, beer, and other delicious things are inherently "mean"...? Oddly, I haven't seen a single negative reply in this thread.

like.. at all.

Never said mean, said negative. Also never said the food was in any way mean, smarty pants.... the comments are not positive. This person obviously was looking for some support on thier weight loss journey and this entire thread turned into a sacrasitc thread about the saying. It happens all the time on these threads. I just don't know what happened to support each other.

You know, this is like the 3rd or 4th time this week that I've been called mean or negative after posting what I take to be a completely helpful answer. When people wonder why more users don't take the time to help new posters, remember threads like this.

Also, gravy. Gravy definitely tastes better than skinny feels.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    In order to get my body down to a healthy weight about 10 years ago, I had to restrict myself to about 1,000 calories a day and exercise 6 days a week. I was hungry and miserable the whole time. But that is the absolute only way I've ever been able to keep weight off.

A nice juicy steak and loaded baked potato is better than what it felt like to be at a healthy weight. At this point in my life I've pretty much given up on ever being at a healthy weight again. I'm just shooting for 'overweight' as opposed to 'obese'.
  • BeccyGee
    BeccyGee Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thanks for these threads - I've been here a couple of weeks, just tootling along, logging food & exercise and doing pretty well, but these are probably things I should have read when i first started!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm fit... and some days... it feels horribly painful.... but horribly painfully wonderful. :laugh:

For example... the DOMS in my thighs, *kitten*, and calves... they make me groan when I need to use the washroom. That doesn't feel so good...

Or my shoulder injury... that doesn't feel so great either.

But the end result? Makes it worth it. The pain is all very REWARDING. :-D (And for reals... I kinda enjoy the pain)
  • Lisacare
    Lisacare Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You know, this is like the 3rd or 4th time this week that I've been called mean or negative after posting what I take to be a completely helpful answer. When people wonder why more users don't take the time to help new posters, remember threads like this.

Also, gravy. Gravy definitely tastes better than skinny feels.
    [/quote]

Your comment was not negative in anyway. There are several helpful and positive comments on here. When I first wrote my comment, there were not. Only very harsh comments and all directed at the "skinny" comment. I am sorry if you felt this directed at you, it is great to see positive and helpful comments!! :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    As a fellow 5'9' chick, I have to say that 140 is not a good look for us. I like myself at 170 and 180 and the rest of america thinks that's fat.

Is not a good look for "us"?? :huh:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I do!
    n510b4eec8f98f_large.gif
  • roxy76nwi
    roxy76nwi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kuddos for you!!! I think people are reading way to much into this and need to relax. If we didn't all judge each other so much this world would be a much better place. Everyone on this site wants to lose weight or maintain a weight loss so we should all understand exactly what you are trying to say instead of picking apart your saying!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    As a fellow 5'9' chick, I have to say that 140 is not a good look for us. I like myself at 170 and 180 and the rest of america thinks that's fat.

Is not a good look for "us"?? :huh:
    :huh:
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thankfully tasty food and weight loss aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't limit myself on anything because I know the moment that I do, I'll get that craving and binge on it. I eat ice cream, cookies, hamburgers, fried chicken, etc. I eat everything that you're not supposed to eat and everything that you are because, quite frankly, I know me better than others know me. I have had someone say on my food diary that I shouldn't eat something and my retort was in blog form of, essentially "Mind your own business." Honestly, you need to eat what you know you should, without limiting yourself because that can lead to a binge and weight gain later. I'm not saying eat the whole pizza, but I am saying eat that pizza slice. Eat that double dip ice cream from Braums (it's only 500 calories, get a good workout in and you CAN eat it I promise!) Eat what you love so that you don't have the repercussions later of "after diet" binging, which happens a lot when you deprive yourself of your favorite foods.

The moral of this is eat what tastes better than skinny feels and you will learn that everything tastes better to have it at the time rather than binging on it later.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

I lost 125 lbs once and gained it back. My fault entirely. Suffice it to say depression eating sucks you in, but I have a feeling you all know about how that works and the downward spiral you head into. I made some major changes in my life and am making more. Right now it is time for this one.

I refuse to stay this size. Especially not after I experienced being able to buy clothes in a regular store. I loved being able to visit friends or go to barbecues without having to consider either bringing my own chair or standing the whole time because you know there will not be a chair big enough or sturdy enough for you. If you have not experienced being kicked off an amusement park ride because the safety locks wouldn't engage over your chest, be happy. I have and it is not a good feeling. I screwed up, but I will get back there, and stay there.

We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

Welcome! I totally understand where you're coming from. And I totally understand where you're going, and why you've chosen "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". If that is what you need to repeat to yourself as motivation to not mindless snack/emotionally eat, or getting yourself off the couch to exercise - then USE it. On those days where I didn't feel like exercising, my mantra to get myself on the treadmill was "do you want to stay fat or do you want to get skinny". Knowing fully well that my original goal of 160 lbs at 5'8" would not be considered "skinny" by anybody other than my "fat" self. Because when you're looking at a big total to lose - it's hard to imagine just how. much. smaller. you will be at the end of it. It seems to be beyond the realm of possibility - and in relation to your current size - it IS skinny.

Of course, once you get to that goal which initially seemed so small as to be impossible (I'm about one pound away now), you realize that you could easily stand to lose another 5, 10, 15 lbs, and that being "skinny" is no longer your goal - you now want to be toned & fit & no more jiggle. And you also know that because you've already successfully lost a large number of pounds, that you are more than capable of setting a new goal to achieve.

Good luck! With patience, dedication & perseverence - you WILL get there.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as FIT AND HEALTHY feels.

Fixed that for you
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Isn't that the motto of every anorexic?

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!

tumblr_m7643jcWcY1rziwwco1_400.gif
  • gwencakes
    gwencakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I think it's also true that feeling of getting on the scale and seeing a loss tops every calorie eaten above your goal!!!

I completely agree! I feel proud of myself for avoiding that pint of ice cream or that huge plate of chinese food when I look at the scale and see its gone down.

Yes! Not eating the bread at dinner last night. I felt very proud! Saying no to Easter candy, an accomplishment!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

Snickers taste good. Pizza is good. Ice cream is divine. Bacon is, well... there are no words to describe it's awesomeness.

But skinny? No thanks, I'd rather be fit and enjoy what I eat.
  • bethmurphey
    Options
    AMEN!!!!! I know it is hard to put a piece of you out there for others to see, but I need you to know that your post blessed my day. Thank you for putting yourself out there and from this day forward you will be in my prayers. I wish you well on your journey good luck and God Bless
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    This is both an unhealthy way to think about food and an unhealthy way to think of your body. Serioulsy, if you think being skinny is more importan than being healthy you're doing it wrong and I feel sorry for you.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess re-appropriation of a known pro-ED saying is... something.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    690.jpg
  • sixxkitty
    sixxkitty Posts: 27
    Options
    Let me be the first to welcome you without any jabs! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I, too, have been in this rodeo before. I lost 85 pounds, depression hit, gained 85! Fun stuff! Welcome to a supportive place to vent and read other peoples' stories. They help you feel not so alone. Welcome to rediscovering your true, healthier self. Welcome to the rest of your life! This journey isn't easy but it is easier when you use this site. Congratulations to you! I support your goals!

I agree completely, Everyone is here or should be here for one goal, to get healthy so you go girl. YOU CAN DO THIS...There are many "friends" you can find here to encourage and not discourage you along the way. I also happen to agree with Nothing tastes better than skinny feels! Add me if you like, I'm faithful logging in so I am constantly online if you need me. Congrats by the way on making a fabulous choice to change your life for the better. I can't wait to see the results. :flowerforyou: