Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, Everyone is here or should be here for one goal, to get healthy so you go girl. YOU CAN DO THIS...There are many "friends" you can find here to encourage and not discourage you along the way. I also happen to agree with Nothing tastes better than skinny feels! Add me if you like, I'm faithful logging in so I am constantly online if you need me. Congrats by the way on making a fabulous choice to change your life for the better. I can't wait to see the results. :flowerforyou:

Here's a shocker - not everyone who uses this site does so for the same reasons or has the same goals - nor should they all have the same goals and reasons.

I know, it might take a while to wrap your head around that, but it will make sense some day. Really.

No they are right. Everyone is here to get healthy/stay healthy. >.>

I'm actually here for purely aesthetic reasons.

Pretty sure thats still being healthy and having a healthy looking body. o.o

I'm gonna have to disagree; what is considered attractive isn't always healthy and what's considered healthy isn't always attractive, though there can certainly be overlap.

I'm here because I wasn't as cute when I was heavier. My health hasn't changed but I certainly look better. Which was my goal. It's really not okay for you to A. Try to make my goals fit your ideals or B. Imply that if my goal isn't inline with what you think people should be doing that I don't believe here.

I'm confused.

Your ticker says you've lost 28lbs, and it says you still have some to go. So, you're saying you're not any healthier now than you were nearly 30lbs ago?

(not trying to be argumentative, just sincerely confused.)

Pretty sure her argument is that she wished to lose weight for aesthetic reasons. You can be a healthy weight and lose weight and still be a healthy weight and not necessarily have markedly different factors of health. In some cases, having a little less in the healthy range can be healthy, in other cases being in the higher end of the healthy range can be better.

She'll maintain at a healthy weight, which is a consequence that not everyone follows, as well.

Some people find a certain aesthetic pleasing that they'll diet down to which *is* unhealthy.

The people who desire such a low weight and end up very UNhealthy are often the same people who use the title of this topic as inspiration.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Clearly, you've never microwaved a donut.

what if you could be skinny AND eat a donut? that would be some trick eh?

360_wexercise_0817.jpg

wonder if anyone here does that?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Clearly, you've never microwaved a donut.

what if you could be skinny AND eat a donut? that would be some trick eh?

360_wexercise_0817.jpg

wonder if anyone here does that?

There's nothing sexier than logic...
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, Everyone is here or should be here for one goal, to get healthy so you go girl. YOU CAN DO THIS...There are many "friends" you can find here to encourage and not discourage you along the way. I also happen to agree with Nothing tastes better than skinny feels! Add me if you like, I'm faithful logging in so I am constantly online if you need me. Congrats by the way on making a fabulous choice to change your life for the better. I can't wait to see the results. :flowerforyou:

Here's a shocker - not everyone who uses this site does so for the same reasons or has the same goals - nor should they all have the same goals and reasons.

I know, it might take a while to wrap your head around that, but it will make sense some day. Really.

I'm gonna have to disagree; what is considered attractive isn't always healthy and what's considered healthy isn't always attractive, though there can certainly be overlap.

I'm here because I wasn't as cute when I was heavier. My health hasn't changed but I certainly look better. Which was my goal. It's really not okay for you to A. Try to make my goals fit your ideals or B. Imply that if my goal isn't inline with what you think people should be doing that I don't believe here.

I'm confused.

Your ticker says you've lost 28lbs, and it says you still have some to go. So, you're saying you're not any healthier now than you were nearly 30lbs ago?

Pretty sure her argument is that she wished to lose weight for aesthetic reasons. You can be a healthy weight and lose weight and still be a healthy weight and not necessarily have markedly different factors of health. In some cases, having a little less in the healthy range can be healthy, in other cases being in the higher end of the healthy range can be better.

She'll maintain at a healthy weight, which is a consequence that not everyone follows, as well.

Some people find a certain aesthetic pleasing that they'll diet down to which *is* unhealthy.

The people who desire such a low weight and end up very UNhealthy are often the same people who use the title of this topic as inspiration.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I guess I got tripped up with the whole 'fitness' part of mfp... since I've seen it noted quite often on here that it's not "my weightloss pal" it's "my *fitness* pal" lol

I think all too often, we get hyper-focused on words, no?

Cheers! :drinker:
  • gwencakes
    gwencakes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I think it's also true that feeling of getting on the scale and seeing a loss tops every calorie eaten above your goal!!!

I completely agree! I feel proud of myself for avoiding that pint of ice cream or that huge plate of chinese food when I look at the scale and see its gone down.

Yes! Not eating the bread at dinner last night. I felt very proud! Saying no to Easter candy, an accomplishment!

Yeah... I didn't say no to the easter candy last night... BUT I WILL TONIGHT! XD

I never say no to candy. I occasionally say no to 'more candy', if I've already have some at that partiqular moment in time, but even that's pretty iffy.

*Considers third square of chocolate* ...yeah, sure, why not? :drinker:

The no to "more candy" is what I need to figure out. LOL :tongue:

My big problem for weight loss is candy, it is so delicious, chocolate in particular! I have to say no all around b/c I don't have a stop button. I could pop a costco size bag of Robin Eggs all day long. YUM. I work by a mall and was going to sees 2-3 times a week. EEK
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really?! All people can comment on this post is about the final quote that she put "Nothing taste as good as skinny feels."

Just because people who are anorexic use this doesnt mean this cant help someone loose weight. Good god people, take a breather and support her. This was originally a quote that was said by Kate Moss. And you can be skinny and be healthy. Why do people always feel like its appropriate to say that if your skinny than you're unhealthy.

Rant over.

Keep going with your goal! Cause it will all be worth it!! And whatever quote helps you push through this is fine! (:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I'm confused.

I wasn't unhealthy before, just a touch over what is considered a normal weight. I was free of medical issues, had perfect markers in all of my medical tests, and had a level of fitness appropriate for what I was into. Now I'm a normal weight with no medical issues, perfect markers on all of my medical tests EXCEPT I have low blood pressure and I have a level of fitness appropriate for what I'm into.

I just fit into a size small skirt now instead of the Large/Medium I fit into before.

Lots of people come here to lose 5 or 10 pounds but are already firmly into the healthy weight category; do you think they lose it to become 'more healthy' or to better fit their aesthetic goals? Some people are here to put on muscle and get into competition/body building. Do you think that's for health?
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Take it easy and God willing this time it will be a permanent change to a fit and strong you.Best of luck.

When in darker moods or if ever you feel like giving up haunt the success boards and you will surely be inspired.people have lost 100+ lbs while battling diabetes, thyroid issues,PCOS,depression ,fibromyositis and even after spine surgery.if all those wonderful people can, so can you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Really?! All people can comment on this post is about the final quote that she put "Nothing taste as good as skinny feels."

Just because people who are anorexic use this doesnt mean this cant help someone loose weight. Good god people, take a breather and support her. This was originally a quote that was said by Kate Moss. And you can be skinny and be healthy. Why do people always feel like its appropriate to say that if your skinny than you're unhealthy.

Rant over.

Keep going with your goal! Cause it will all be worth it!! And whatever quote helps you push through this is fine! (:

I feel like informing us Kate Moss said it does not really help it gain credibility as a non anorexia slogan?
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Isn't that the motto of every anorexic?

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!

No. It's the motto of the 'pro ana' brigade, most of whom aren't actually anorexic at all. Just a bunch of people who want to be anorexic. Why in God's name anybody would want this horrendous disease is beyond me.
  • jchap389
    jchap389 Posts: 54
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your journey. I don’t know why your doctor would advise someone who is 5’9 to aim for 140…unless you want to be a model. I’m 5’6 and 140 would be skinny to me. I like your goal of 167. More realists.

[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this!
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I first heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" from weight watchers. If I am not mistaken they are well known for ecouraging a very healthy way to loose weight. I feel it ridiculous that someone who is looking for a bikini body has any room to criticize someone who had over 100 pounds to loose.

I get exactly what you are saying! It's just a way to check yourself. I in no way believe 147lbs to be anorexic, so I think you are good. I get it, when your brain tells you to eat that entire pepperoni pizza, you can counter that with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and maybe than you choose a cheese pizza with turkey pepperoni or choose to eat one piece instead of the whole crapin thing. I totally get that and think it's a perfectly acceptable motto for you and wish you all the luck in the world!!! It's a long journey but indeed: " nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"!!!!

It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!

AMENNNNN!!!!!! Thank you! Gosh people are down right rude!
  • itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on your way to stop the spiral going down. It won't turn up easily, but that I'm sure you already know.
    Keep at it, even when you don't ****ing want to.
    GL
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

I lost 125 lbs once and gained it back. My fault entirely. Suffice it to say depression eating sucks you in, but I have a feeling you all know about how that works and the downward spiral you head into. I made some major changes in my life and am making more. Right now it is time for this one.

I refuse to stay this size. Especially not after I experienced being able to buy clothes in a regular store. I loved being able to visit friends or go to barbecues without having to consider either bringing my own chair or standing the whole time because you know there will not be a chair big enough or sturdy enough for you. If you have not experienced being kicked off an amusement park ride because the safety locks wouldn't engage over your chest, be happy. I have and it is not a good feeling. I screwed up, but I will get back there, and stay there.

We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

You're over 300lbs, you don't know how skinny feels

I don't agree with the "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" nonsense, but saying someone over 300 lbs doesn't know what skinny feels like is,,, a little presumptuous, no? No one was born into this world at 300 lbs.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I have been reading posts here and think I found my best fit here. 28 days ago I was at 332 lbs and have lost 11 so far. I am 46, 5'9" and healthy except the major arthritis and tendon issues in my feet that keep me from so many exercises it isn't funny. I just want to get to 167 lbs and that is not unreasonable. The doctor would like me to be at 140. We will see how I feel about it when I reach my current goal.

I lost 125 lbs once and gained it back. My fault entirely. Suffice it to say depression eating sucks you in, but I have a feeling you all know about how that works and the downward spiral you head into. I made some major changes in my life and am making more. Right now it is time for this one.

I refuse to stay this size. Especially not after I experienced being able to buy clothes in a regular store. I loved being able to visit friends or go to barbecues without having to consider either bringing my own chair or standing the whole time because you know there will not be a chair big enough or sturdy enough for you. If you have not experienced being kicked off an amusement park ride because the safety locks wouldn't engage over your chest, be happy. I have and it is not a good feeling. I screwed up, but I will get back there, and stay there.

We can all do this. Just don't lose sight of the goal. I lost sight in a big way and that will not happen again.

This is incredibly rude, and I'm not sure why you felt it was necessary to say something like this. I'm even heavier, but I know how it feels to be small. You know how?

BECAUSE I HAVE NOT ALWAYS BEEN FAT.

Geez.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    False. Nothing tastes as good as being strong, fit, and having confidence in a bikini. I have no interest in being skinny.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

I'm confused.

I wasn't unhealthy before, just a touch over what is considered a normal weight. I was free of medical issues, had perfect markers in all of my medical tests, and had a level of fitness appropriate for what I was into. Now I'm a normal weight with no medical issues, perfect markers on all of my medical tests EXCEPT I have low blood pressure and I have a level of fitness appropriate for what I'm into.

I just fit into a size small skirt now instead of the Large/Medium I fit into before.

Lots of people come here to lose 5 or 10 pounds but are already firmly into the healthy weight category; do you think they lose it to become 'more healthy' or to better fit their aesthetic goals? Some people are here to put on muscle and get into competition/body building. Do you think that's for health?

No, I get that. That's why it's my "fitness" pal, right? To encompass more than just weight loss. I was just a little confused by the notion that your health hasn't changed despite losing almost 30# was all- wasn't questioning *why* you wanted to be here.

:drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Well that's a little over the top don't you think?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I first heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" from weight watchers. If I am not mistaken they are well known for ecouraging a very healthy way to loose weight. I feel it ridiculous that someone who is looking for a bikini body has any room to criticize someone who had over 100 pounds to loose.

I get exactly what you are saying! It's just a way to check yourself. I in no way believe 147lbs to be anorexic, so I think you are good. I get it, when your brain tells you to eat that entire pepperoni pizza, you can counter that with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and maybe than you choose a cheese pizza with turkey pepperoni or choose to eat one piece instead of the whole crapin thing. I totally get that and think it's a perfectly acceptable motto for you and wish you all the luck in the world!!! It's a long journey but indeed: " nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"!!!!

It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!

AMENNNNN!!!!!! Thank you! Gosh people are down right rude!

There's many people recovering from EDs on here, and in a more frightening light, lots of hidden users and forums on here dedicated to "pro-Ana" and "pro-Mia" ~lifestyles~

The title of the post is both potentially divisive (luckily, the "rude" people are just posting .gifs and literally countering with why they disagree) AND has a very long history of being a mantra in the pro-ED community, spawned from the model who so famously gave the 90s "heroin chic."

While the OP clearly does not mean to advocate EDs, I wouldn't exactly come on to a forum saying "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!"... and then say, "I mean my legs are going to rise with my leg-lifts! I'm going to exercise and make this change!"

Reappropriation of words and phrases can certainly happen... but probably should be done in a more understanding and gracious manner.

ETA: Well, now I have to take it back, because there certainly was a rude comment posted. :noway:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options