Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options

Replies

• pghfitgirl
    Options
    I am what most would consider "skinny". I'm a runner and I also do some HIIT. I do eat stuff I love. Just not as much.

But my takeaway from reading all of this is:

Since I am thin AND I actually don't love to eat ice cream and bacon, I must be 1) unhealthy, 2) doing it wrong and 3) people must not like to have sex with me because I'm bony. :noway:
  • mandy5135
    mandy5135 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I first heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" from weight watchers. If I am not mistaken they are well known for ecouraging a very healthy way to loose weight. I feel it ridiculous that someone who is looking for a bikini body has any room to criticize someone who had over 100 pounds to loose.

I get exactly what you are saying! It's just a way to check yourself. I in no way believe 147lbs to be anorexic, so I think you are good. I get it, when your brain tells you to eat that entire pepperoni pizza, you can counter that with "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and maybe than you choose a cheese pizza with turkey pepperoni or choose to eat one piece instead of the whole crapin thing. I totally get that and think it's a perfectly acceptable motto for you and wish you all the luck in the world!!! It's a long journey but indeed: " nothing tastes as good a skinny feels"!!!!

It's a saying people relax! Try giving support instead of all this negativism!!! My grandmother used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!

^^ this exactly. Completely understand:)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am what most would consider "skinny". I'm a runner and I also do some HIIT. I do eat stuff I love. Just not as much.

But my takeaway from reading all of this BS is:

Since I am thin AND I actually don't love to eat ice cream and bacon, I must be 1) unhealthy, 2) doing it wrong and 3) people must not like to have sex with me because I'm bony. :noway:

That is NOT a good takeaway. Add Thumper and Kate Moss wisdom to that plus the seriously demotivating 300 lbs comment with anemic backpedaling and I'm certain, this thread could benefit from nuking.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Pretty sure you're reading it wrong. Or only focusing on the one or two actually rude comments.
  • lalaburgess3
    Options
    I love this saying and lets face it, it works for everyone. It just depends on what your idea of "skinny is" I think all of us here feel like health is the ultimate goal, but we all want to look our best. Someone who weighs 150, may think 130 is skinny. Someone who weighs 400 may think 200 is skinny. Its all relative! Charge on my fat loser friends for in the end, all that matters is what YOU think!!
  • pghfitgirl
    Options

Pretty sure you're reading it wrong. Or only focusing on the one or two actually rude comments.

Maybe, but along with "fat shaming", I'm also sick of the "skinny shaming" that goes on too.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    You all get a gold star at playing internet.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. same situation.... I could use support and support as well, add me :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Isn't that the motto of every anorexic?

Chocolate tastes WAY better than skinny feels. Luckily, I have no desire to be "skinny." I want to be fit and strong and have a killer bikini body. I can get that AND eat chocolate. Yay!

^ Potato chips and french fries taste better than skinny feels.

Yup, don't want to be skinny, want to be fit and strong as well.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Maybe, but along with "fat shaming", I'm also sick of the "skinny shaming" that goes on too.

Skinny shaming is very frowned upon in these parts. I saw maybe one instance of it, and it was addressed rather promptly. I also saw one person being flat out rude and that was also addressed rather quickly.

Perhaps you think people saying they don't want to be 'skinny' as skinny shaming but I'd say it's not more shaming that skinny than saying "I don't want to be fat' shames the fat.

I'm currently a size small in all clothing and yet I don't want to be called 'skinny'. That's not what I want people to see when they look at me; I want them to see muscular arms, nice traps, a back I lifted heavy *kitten* weights to form, and hopefully one day really nice quads and calves. Saying that isn't offensive to skinny people, imho, it's just a statement of my own prefrence.

And, beyond that, none of those things I want feel better than food taste.
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Skinny does not feels great. Fit feels great. I know because I am underweight and working with a nutritionist to gain weight. When you are too skinny, you lose your period, you feel weaker, you can't lift as heavy as you did before, you feel vulnerable...

I want to be a strong women and not a skinny women. I want my muscles to show, not my bones.

Nothing feels better than healthy feels imo
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels maybe?

So much this.

Speaking as a former, and now weight-restored and recovering anorexic, I'm highly offended by the statement that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" being the "motto" of "every anorexic." Anorexia feels like a complete loss of dignity, happiness, control, and light. Anorexia feels like Death. Anorexia feels like Hopelessness. Anorexia feels like angina at age 17. It is a debilitating mental illness, not a joke. Someone who is actually suffering from anorexia would never say that.

Back on topic, I've never posted here before and I hardly know how the site forums work, I just wanted to say good luck with your journey and address that ^

That's why I specifically linked it to the pro-ED comment, myself. Seeing people glorify or "want" the ED that's taken over more than half of my life is incredibly triggering. The saying is ubiquitous with that community.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just think it's a horrible quote used by the pro-ana community to shame each other out of eating food.
    It's like saying you can't enjoy your food if you want to be "skinny", which is all kinds of wrong, and I've been skinny and I didn't particularly enjoy it, it can get quite uncomfortable at times. And yeah I know peoples opinion on what skinny is are very different, but I'm talking about my opinion.
    All I'm saying OP is don't glorify something and propagate such strong mantras such as that without really thinking about what it means.

Healthy and balanced food tastes pretty good and you can be skinny/healthy with it too
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Skinny is never worth more than a developed self control.

in the end, this is how I see it
  • rainbowxelephant
    rainbowxelephant Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels maybe?

So much this.

Speaking as a former, and now weight-restored and recovering anorexic, I'm highly offended by the statement that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" being the "motto" of "every anorexic." Anorexia feels like a complete loss of dignity, happiness, control, and light. Anorexia feels like Death. Anorexia feels like Hopelessness. Anorexia feels like angina at age 17. It is a debilitating mental illness, not a joke. Someone who is actually suffering from anorexia would never say that.

Back on topic, I've never posted here before and I hardly know how the site forums work, I just wanted to say good luck with your journey and address that ^

That's why I specifically linked it to the pro-ED comment, myself. Seeing people glorify or "want" the ED that's taken over more than half of my life is incredibly triggering. The saying is ubiquitous with that community.

I know exactly what you mean. "Wanarexia" is a sick but unfortunately real problem. I hate quotes like that being immediately associated with real eating disorders. I don't laugh about the fact that it will always be a struggle for me to workout and eat right without going overboard and spiraling back down into the depths of hell, I tend to get pretty defensive when others do.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Skinny for me is 180 pounds, and that is where I hope to be--even thought that is not considered skinny by most folks. With that being said, I believe in that motto. I spent too much of my life taking pleasure and comfort in the wrong foods. Once you realize that food is fuel, and you need to do what's best for your body, the emotional attachment to certain foods diminish. Sugars and carbs can produce dopamine in your body making them addictive. The best way to break the addiction is to just go cold turkey.
  • ellenmg
    ellenmg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard & good luck on your journey!!
    I started reading other replied and had to just stop - Please don't think everyone is negative, or judgement about your every word!
    It looks like you have the right attitude and that's sometimes the most important thing to have! Good luck & you'll be shopping in regular department stores in no time!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just think it's a horrible quote used by the pro-ana community to shame each other out of eating food.
    It's like saying you can't enjoy your food if you want to be "skinny", which is all kinds of wrong, and I've been skinny and I didn't particularly enjoy it, it can get quite uncomfortable at times. And yeah I know peoples opinion on what skinny is are very different, but I'm talking about my opinion.
    All I'm saying OP is don't glorify something and propagate such strong mantras such as that without really thinking about what it means.

Healthy and balanced food tastes pretty good and you can be skinny/healthy with it too

how come you are not addressing ALL the people who said your comment was way over the line? the "you're 300 lbs, you don't know how skinny feels" comment? I saw where you said that skinny doesn't feel great but how come you are not saying,
    "that wasn't rude because...." or "oh i didn't mean it that way..." or ANYTHING at all to justify or apologize either way?
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options

how come you are not addressing ALL the people who said your comment was way over the line? the "you're 300 lbs, you don't know how skinny feels" comment? I saw where you said that skinny doesn't feel great but how come you are not saying,
    "that wasn't rude because...." or "oh i didn't mean it that way..." or ANYTHING at all to justify or apologize either way?

What's rude about it? Yeah it is a bit blunt and to the point, but I'm not being nasty in any way. It's not like I said "you're 300 lbs, you don't know how skinny feels - and that makes you disgusting" I was just stating the facts, at 300lbs you probably don't know the problems that come with "being skinny", unless OP has a history of being underweight I am ignorant about and in which case I apologise.
  • jasminemars01
    Options
    Isn't it weird how many of the responses are about the exact wording of
    Your quote and not it's intent. Whatever