Dont be afraid to EAT MORE ladies!

Options
Well after switching from weight watchers for many years decided to give mfp a try at first I started with what mfp set me up with which was 1440 calories + exercise but found this method was too messy and sometimes I felt bad for eating back my exercise calories. So after many many posts of annoying people and stressing myself out that I would be eating too much I took there advise followed TDEE -20% which gave me 1700 calories, this worked out me eating a lot more then when doing weight watchers ever with all free fruit,veg salad and weekly points so I was a little nervous! Any way today been my big first week weigh in I have lost 2lb!! I only ever use to lose 0.5-1lb a week max on weight watchers so maybe I wasn't eating enough back then who knows? I'm thrilled with this loss as I haven't denied myself any foods even ate 2 Easter eggs which I won at work sending me over my calories this week, before I would have usually thought I had failed and binged, but I tracked EVERYTHING even though I hated seeing numbers in red and stopped at that. So what I'm trying to say is don't me afraid to eat more like I was 1200calories or less doesn't mean better weight loss, be happy eat more and lose weight :) xxx

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can eat more. The older you get the less you need to eat, so for me my TDEE is 1900.... in a few years I'm guessing even less.... soo it will be less than 1200 I'm guessing & if I eat more then I'll gain.

I don't think people need to eat if they are not hungry, and have real hunger not just think they are hungry. I for one am not going to put food in my mouth unless I know I am hungry.

But this topic has been done to death. How about letting people do what they want & you concentrate on your own life & eating? I don't care what others do.
  • Grrrrleo
    Grrrrleo Posts: 25
    Options
    Don't worry OP,some of us ladies do appreciate your post! Don't be put off by people who prefer the 'glass half empty' approach.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    See, this is where grammar is important.

Don't be afraid to eat more, ladies. Otherwise this is cannibalistic/sexual advice.

Haha! The old "Lets eat Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!" ....Though ladies do sound a bit tastier, IMO.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Don't be afraid to eat more, ladies. Otherwise this is cannibalistic/sexual advice.

Hahahaha. Grammar, the difference between knowing your *kitten*, and knowing you're *kitten* (I saw that on one of those pics posted on Facebook).

I agree about the eating though. I used to eat 1200 calories. I did lose, but I lost more once I increased it to 1500. With my level of activity I probably could've increased my calories even more.
  • Sturgeonsarah49
    Sturgeonsarah49 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouraging advice

I completely agree with eating more to aid losing weight.
    I was sticking to a very low cal diet and have only slight losses.
    I'm now walking about 5 miles a day for my exercise and have upped my cals to about 1600 aday!
    My result is 10 pounds lost in only 2 weeks!

We have to remember that not everyone is the same and some people do only eat less cals but if your struggling and want to take this support on board give it a go! If its not for you then don't try it!
  • lulufitmfp
    lulufitmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I admit I was afraid to eat more but realized that under eating for me (less than 1200) just stopped my weight loss completely after 60days into of my weight loss journey. So now I stick to my recommended calories and try to eat back my workout calories, and now my scale is moving again.

I agree 100%!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^^^ this :laugh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Best response ever! lmao.

OP, I know what you mean. I have been eating around 2100 calories (about 1800 net) on exercise days. I have been losing about a pound per week, and I rarely get hungry.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess everybody is different when it comes to weight loss... I always sticked to what MFP told me without wondering.... And for me that worked.... Now MFP put me down to 1240kcal/day don´t know if I can stick to that. It also gives me a very close frame to work with (40kcal)
    I appreciate your post. but what might work for you may or may not work for others.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options

tumblr_mcus20R2Sa1qcpa2wo1_500.gif
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really appreciated this post - as somebody who suffers a little bit from OCD when it comes to calorie counting, I've found it incredibly difficult to up my calories from the initial 1200 I was put on at the beginning of my weight loss journey.

I work out a lot and was finding that I was getting very weak and tired all the time trying to live on the 1200 cals AND keep up my weekly regimen of 8+ hours exercise a week. I'm now up to 1700 per day - I'm never hungry, I feel like I can put some much more effort in to my workouts (so in return I'm getting more burn in return) and I feel much happier when I look in the mirror. Yay!
  • kld2882
    kld2882 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree, I had the same issue not eating enough while I was working out, I increased and I'm loosing again! Woo Hoo
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Its working for me.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Amen to the OP! I am a woman who is not afraid to eat :happy: I eat between 1900-2200 per day to maintain my weight loss. I know there are people, women especially, who think if they eat more they will gain weight but I'm here to say not so. Even as I was losing weight I found I had to increase my calories to lose more weight. Sounds backwards and it goes against everything we think we know but it works :smile:
  • Nenny1985
    Nenny1985 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hear Hear. I totally agree. Plus I think continual positive messages like this are important and encouraging
  • mahogony07
    Options
    This is a great post because the typical "1200 calories per day to lose" mindset does not always equate to weight loss. Your body will eventually become accustomed to that and you will stop loosing. What I've found that helps to keep weight loss going is calorie cycling! Eating 1200 calories for a few days and then taking it up to your normal maintenance calorie is an effective way to keep things moving in the right direction. Give it a try ladies!!
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Funny you brought this up! I recently added calories too. I was struggling at 1200, and not losing an ounce. I started working out more regularly and I've been starving, so I just started eating! I haven't lost any weight, but I feel better.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Amen to the OP! I am a woman who is not afraid to eat :happy: I eat between 1900-2200 per day to maintain my weight loss. I know there are people, women especially, who think if they eat more they will gain weight but I'm here to say not so. Even as I was losing weight I found I had to increase my calories to lose more weight. Sounds backwards and it goes against everything we think we know but it works :smile:

I wish my sister was here to see this...she insists that is she eats more than 1700 she gains.

I told her what I ate yesterday which at that point was about 1500...french toast, bacon, pasta, shrimp cooked in bacon fat, bbq chicken and carrots along with coffee etc and I still have my chocolate to eat and 200 left...

Guess what she can eat what I do and still lose weight her TDEE is about 2300....if not higher...I can eat 2300 and maintain my weight...

Everyone's goal here should be to eat the maximum number of calories possible and still lose weight...no need for most to eat so little...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Just because I am an editor for a living, I have to point out that this is not, in fact, a grammatical error. Rather, it is a punctuation error.

The thead title is grammatically correct, but it is missing both an apostrophe and a comma.
    Tru dat.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Just because I am an editor for a living, I have to point out that this is not, in fact, a grammatical error. Rather, it is a punctuation error.

The thead title is grammatically correct, but it is missing both an apostrophe and a comma.

Thank you for explaining that. I always considered that kind of thing to be a punctuation error, but so many Americans refer to punctuation errors as grammatical errors that I'd taken it to be a dialectual difference, i.e. that in American English punctuation is considered as a subset of grammar.