Dont be afraid to EAT MORE ladies!

Options

Replies

• Nicole_M1926
    Options
    See, this is where grammar is important.

Don't be afraid to eat more, ladies. Otherwise this is cannibalistic/sexual advice.

Haha good one!
  • kaymelt
    kaymelt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The IIFYM.com calculator has changed my entire approach and attitude toward eating. My TDEE is almost 2200, and my target daily calories are 1700+ for aggressive fat loss. Paying attention to macros has been helpful for me, too. I'm fairly certain it isn't as effective to hit your calorie range for the day if your protein / carbs / fats are all out of balance. I've only been serious about tracking this for about a week, and I can already tell a difference in my body and energy level.

Keep at it, ladies! :)
  • missemmamm
    missemmamm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting, informative thread. I've tinkered with my recommended calories on MFP since I started. I'm okay with what I'm currently eating (not hungry). However I've reached my weight loss goal. Now I want to focus on endurance and strength. I see myself working out more/differently in the near future. I think I may have to raise my calories when I do this because I do get hungrier/tend to eat more on heavy workout days. Feel free to add me if you are into weight training. I'd love to see what others do in that area. Thanks.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    In for eating more ladies, i mean ladies eating more.

Okay, now I'm in:laugh:
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Don't be afraid to eat more, ladies. Otherwise this is cannibalistic/sexual advice.

Congrats this is the first time anyone has made me laugh in these dumb conversations!
  • Nicole_M1926
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat more, ladies.
    Haha! The old "Lets eat Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!"

(giggle) :noway: :laugh:

My current goal is 1650 a day but it has been as high as 1900 a day before. I tried to eat at 1200 for maybe the first 2 days I got here and I was just like, "oh, HELLS to the no". I was sick, irritable and grumpy. Did I mention irritable? I think my husband's words might be a bit stronger than that. (Something beginning with a b and ending with an itch, that is.)

Eating my limit plus my exercise calories absolutely works.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can eat more. The older you get the less you need to eat, so for me my TDEE is 1900.... in a few years I'm guessing even less.... soo it will be less than 1200 I'm guessing & if I eat more then I'll gain.

I don't think people need to eat if they are not hungry, and have real hunger not just think they are hungry. I for one am not going to put food in my mouth unless I know I am hungry.

But this topic has been done to death. How about letting people do what they want & you concentrate on your own life & eating? I don't care what others do.

I am 57 1/2 and work out fairly heavily 6 days a week. My TDEE is 1,168. At 80%, I would have to eat 934 calories in order to lose weight. This is just NOT for everyone.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    In for eating more ladies, i mean ladies eating more.

Hi
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?

Total daily energy expenditure (all calorie burned throughout the day, including activity and bodily functions)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I've always thought it would be better to eat more ladies, I'm not scurred LOL \m/
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    One of the more inspirational post titles ever. I for one will accept the admonition. Thanks OP.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can eat more. The older you get the less you need to eat, so for me my TDEE is 1900.... in a few years I'm guessing even less.... soo it will be less than 1200 I'm guessing & if I eat more then I'll gain.

I don't think people need to eat if they are not hungry, and have real hunger not just think they are hungry. I for one am not going to put food in my mouth unless I know I am hungry.

But this topic has been done to death. How about letting people do what they want & you concentrate on your own life & eating? I don't care what others do.

I am 57 1/2 and work out fairly heavily 6 days a week. My TDEE is 1,168. At 80%, I would have to eat 934 calories in order to lose weight. This is just NOT for everyone.

Are you sure that's not your BMR?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    One of the more inspirational post titles ever. I for one will accept the admonition. Thanks OP.

Hellooooooo there.....
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?

Total daily energy expenditure. Find yours here:
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

My TDEE is currently 2303. If I tried to eat only 1200 calories a day I think I'd be in the hospital - that's way under my BMR!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think this is very important! I hated the 1200 calorie diet-- I was always hungry and grumpy. I'm also a smaller girl, too, ( just under 5'4" ) and found that I was still losing at 1500-1600 as well. I am just about finished losing weight and I am scared to increase my calories. I'm increasing them slowly till I get to my "magic number." I will probably lose another 1-3 lbs while I am transitioning, but I do not want to get much smaller.

I'm thinking that I can eat inbetween 1750-2100 to maintain my weight depending on activity level. Obviously we don't eat the same amount to the dot every day when we are trying to maintain. I am thinking my average will be in the 1900's so I will try to work my way up to that within the next few weeks. But this week I'm hoping for the 1600's.

I was a LOT happier eating at 1400-1600 calories than eating a 1200-1300 calorie diet. The extra few hundred makes a difference, and I noticed that I became better at my exercises and not as fatigued as I began eating more.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Because, I'm so close to my goal, TDEE - 20% for me is 1417 calories.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Wow I someone has woke up grumpy this morning!

Don't worry about her, OP. She wakes up grumpy every morning
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

This makes me confused.

Some posters, who are in the 40s have responded, stating eating more works for them.

I'm curious to know from those people who are 40s and eating, over 1500 calories; what types of workouts and how often and at what intensity are these workouts done?

I'm 5'4, 165, 45 y/o female, desk job. Workout at least 3 times a week, sometimes 5 (rollerblading, stairmaster, 5x5, elliptical, walking at least 4 miles).

Why when I tried eating at 1600 plus exercise I gained (tired it for about 6 months)? Yes, the gain was slow, but i gained. It seems I can only lose at 1400, with at least 5 hours of exercise a week.:grumble: I've had my thyroid and hormones checked... all good.

I have a sweet tooth, but isn't it calories in/calories out?

I've just given up and went back to 1200. :cry:
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Haha! The old "Lets eat Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!" ....Though ladies do sound a bit tastier, IMO.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: