P90X (November 1st)

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am on the beachbody site as karenborter :) Sara I just sent an add request. Going to fill out info tomorrow~!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    No problem on the ALL CAPS title. Accepted friend request as well.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Thanks Sara :) I am looking forward to starting. Tonight after the dentist I decided to go get the chin up bar and the additional dumb bells I am going to need. I don't want to be out too long on Saturday so I don't miss the delivery.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I was debating classic vs lean as well... probably classic, since I'm doing it with the boif. I'm excited to start! The only thing I don't have is a yoga block... what's the consensus, do we definitely need yoga blocks?

And I'm a little freaked out about the nutrition. It makes sense to me, mathematically, but 2400 cals a day? Holy Schmackers! Especially when I've been trying to stick to 1200 or 1300! Any grads on here want to weigh in on that?

And when you post the new thread, can you link to it on here? I don't know how to do that but I know it's possible :)
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have P90X and tired it for about a week and it kicked my butt. I have a very small house so it was hard to find enough space to get a good workout. I love to do the cardio or kickboxing when I can get the time! Its a great workout and I think I will pick it back up with you guys. The lean is probably the best workout to do if you want to tone and lose the weight. But it builds a ton of muscles.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I was debating classic vs lean as well... probably classic, since I'm doing it with the boif. I'm excited to start! The only thing I don't have is a yoga block... what's the consensus, do we definitely need yoga blocks?

And I'm a little freaked out about the nutrition. It makes sense to me, mathematically, but 2400 cals a day? Holy Schmackers! Especially when I've been trying to stick to 1200 or 1300! Any grads on here want to weigh in on that?

And when you post the new thread, can you link to it on here? I don't know how to do that but I know it's possible :)

WIth the Yoga blocks it depends on how flexible you are and if you have done yoga before. I am going to get them because while I have practiced yoga and pilates off and on for most of my life from everything I have read about the Yoga it is very rigorous and I am aiming for achieving good form so I would rather have the option for stability if I need it. I also understand that if you are very flexible the blocks are good support for reach extension. I am fortunate enough to be very flexible so another reason to get them in my mind. :bigsmile:

With respect to the nutrition, yes, I hear you on that one. I have a hard time eating 1200 calories per day but I also know from experience that undereating is not the answer. I am aiming for 1600 calories to start and I will adjust from there. I have read a lot of info on the BB boards and the general consensus is to listen to your body if you are hungry and tired you should eat. As with anything what really matters is WHAT you are putting in your body and the kind of food you choose to fuel your body.

Yes, I will be happy to post the link here. I simply cannot wait to get started... so much so that I am going to go ahead and do the stretching dvd on Sat and Sun -- certainly cant hurt to limber up!
  • SaraTN
    Options
    I have P90X and tired it for about a week and it kicked my butt. I have a very small house so it was hard to find enough space to get a good workout. I love to do the cardio or kickboxing when I can get the time! Its a great workout and I think I will pick it back up with you guys. The lean is probably the best workout to do if you want to tone and lose the weight. But it builds a ton of muscles.

Glad you decided to join us. Look for the new thread coming this weekend - I am going to post my Fit Test results and starting measurements/weight. I am taking the photos but I wont post the day 1 photos until day 30 when I have something to compare myself to! :love:
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Wo0t I am ready to get started ! My P90X is coming TOMORROW instead of Saturday so that's cool that means Saturday morning before my hike I will do measurements and set up my tripod to take before shots. I am going to do new measurements and all that good stuff. I went and got the Iron Gym Pull Up Bar and I have 10 and 12 lb weights in my trunk (will bring those up tomorrow too). I hope I can do this man ... I just did the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD and it kicked my *kitten*. I can do this though! The only thing that holds us back is ourselves! and I am done DONE holding back ... LET'S GET RIPPED~!
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Karen that is so true... and as they say, do what you can and forget the rest... it gets better over time... practice makes perfect (almost). The only way to achieve a goal is to set out to do it...
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm joining in! Here's a helpful scheduling tool I found. If you create a profile on teambeachbody.com (totally FREE), they have a calendar on your home page. You tell it the start date and it fills in your workouts each day for the entire 90 days. Check it out.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Maya, add me as a friend there ... I am listed as karenborter!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Slight change in plans... I am doing the Classic vs the Lean after asking some people that have done it on the BB site. I have been sick the last two days so I am going to do my fit test Saturday instead of tomorrow. I will post a new thread on Saturday so that we can all join and post there. I am taking photos but won't post those until day 30 so that I can share the improvements.

I am so excited to start this...

I was looking at this, what's the difference between the 2 programs?

Okay I chose classic and I am set to start on Wednesday so the rest day falls on Tuesday. Question: do you think I should do the cardio I have been doing at the gym too? or a modified version?
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    hey im doing insanity starting november 1st i was wondering if i could join in and post results just to get that motivation like you guys its similar and no one really talks about it in the threads
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    hey im doing insanity starting november 1st i was wondering if i could join in and post results just to get that motivation like you guys its similar and no one really talks about it in the threads

I'm in Week 8 of Insanity. Great program!!!! If you need any help let me know.
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    UPS delivered P90X yesterday Check
    Basement clean Check
    Pull up bar installed Check
    Misc fitness junk acquired Check

Ready to start P90X on November 1st.

Good Luck!
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Awesome - the more the merrier! I welcome anyone to join. If you also decide to follow along on BB I am listed there under the same name, SaraTN. I am in two groups on that site one is run by Lou starting Nov. 1st. and the other is an old continuing thread that is up to 217 pages p90x for women (results). I read through bits and pieces of it and there is a world of information specifically for women there.

This morning I decided to do the X stretch and OMG - I am in :love: LOVE :love: with that program. I can see myself doing it a few times a week either to wake-up and get myself moving or right before bed. I highly recommend doing that this weekend to limber your muscles up for the "torture" you are about to bestow on them! :bigsmile:

If you haven't read through the entire thread I am going to post a new thread (in all CAPS) and will post the transfer link here. I will start with my fit test results and starting measurements/weight. On the other BB thread I am also going to add a couple of alternative recipes that will be in line with the nutrition plan along with reheat instructions. It is important to follow the nutrition plan and if you are like me its easier to cook in advance and freeze leftovers for another week or reheat. If you are preparing fish I do not recommend freezing it but rather consuming it within a day or two. (For those of you that don't know I am a personal chef and its a passion of mine to help people clean up their diets without giving up flavor using fresh seasonal ingredients). My "photo" is my business logo for the Herb-N Kitchen Fairy.
  • SonyaVelonis
    Options
    In the middle of my second round of P90X right now but I'm going to be looking to add all of you as friends on beachbody site, as I am already on it . It is a great place to keep track of your workouts and enter in the daily prizes for free too!
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm joining in! Here's a helpful scheduling tool I found. If you create a profile on teambeachbody.com (totally FREE), they have a calendar on your home page. You tell it the start date and it fills in your workouts each day for the entire 90 days. Check it out.

You can print out the P90X workout sheets from teambeachbody.com.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    I populated my workout schedule with the predesigned program on P90X and started recording workouts there as well. I like schedules!!! I also want to try it out a few days in advance to get the hang of it since every site is different. I will still record workouts here becuase the BB site does not have a place for calories burned nor does it have anything for calorie consumption not to mention I need to remain loyal to my peeps here!!
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.