P90X (November 1st)

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Here's a you tube link for Chest and Back :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_o6ud4cayU
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.

Those who have expressed interest or commited thus far:
    SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

If I have neglected to add anyone or if you are just reading this thread feel free to quote and add your name to the list.
  • gilliland24
    Options
    i just tried the class at a local gym last night, and i think i feel in love with it! ill be starting it in 6 weeks when the new one starts! good luck to you!
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    I just got mine today.
    I AM IN!!!!!

Edit: Feel free to friend me, too!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ok, I AM IN!
    It should be arriving TOMORROW!!! Reading this thread has gotten me excited and NERVOUS!! YAY! I am also on Beachbody.com as karincakes please add me over there as well! I guess I'll be doing the fit test tomorrow. Wow, I'm glad read this thread today, I wouldn't have even know about it!

Thanks Karen for alerting me to this group, I'd been wavering over it for a few weeks after having to slow down on Insanity, (love it) because of my stupid foot! The doc said weight training is fine and it's really the only thing I've been really missing from my repitoire. Hopefully this is the last piece of the puzzle for me! I am very excited!

Please feel free to add me!
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    So do we have a master list of who all is "in" for 1 Nov? I'd like to add them all as friends.

SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

If I have neglected to add anyone or if you are just reading this thread feel free to quote and add your name to the list.

Lindsay (ectxgrl)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

karincakes :smile:
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey. I heve started P90X week ago and I love it! you will too. But you need to watch what you eat if you wanna loose pounds!.
    Good luck
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's not so bad on knees I thought it will be. I had a bad knee, I just watch what Im doing so I dont have any problems.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    Cool... a couple more to add to the list and motivate. As I mentioned look for my post (here) redirecting to a fresh post. I will add it Saturday or at the latest Sunday morning. Don't forget to do your fit test and take your photos (even if you dont want to make them public... be prepared to say goodbye to your current body).

If I didn't have a costume planned for tomorrow I would be a P90X infomercial!!!
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I WANNA JOIN!!!! cept im starting tomorrow so oh well but im with you guys :)
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    keep me up to date with this stuff please??

or what i can do to be more a part of it?
  • rebeccacaldwe
    Options

SaraTN
    KarenBorter
    Mallory39
    TheSuperSaiyan
    hewhoiscd
    parvati
    hippiemommy
    mcjabber
    bn1cgitw
    kay2phat
    smith9905
    missmaya24
    mccorml
    dmmihelcic

Lindsay (ectxgrl)

karincakes :smile:

rebeccacaldwe

I just started the other day but I am totally in!!
  • rebeccacaldwe
    Options
    Hey. I heve started P90X week ago and I love it! you will too. But you need to watch what you eat if you wanna loose pounds!.
    Good luck

I was just wondering if you eat the full amount of calories they tell you to? According to the book I should be eating 2400 calories which seems a little excessive considering the only workout I do is the dvds and since I am a student I'm sedentary most of the day.
    I am 5 1 and weigh 190 lbs. I have had advice to eat between 1600-1900 calories which seems like something I could do. What are your thoughts?
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I am going to stick with what I have been doing over here and see how I feel personally. If I feel that I am not eating enough then I will adjust my calories as I don't want my workouts to suffer. The other day I started to do another DVD that I have and I stopped 10 minutes in because I was hungry. I really don't want that to happen with P90X
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my workouts in the morning. Will do the same for the P90x when I start it on Monday.

I've been having a protein bar soon as I wake up, I give it a little time to settle, then I workout. Helps me not get too hungry before the workout is over and gives me energy to do my best during the workout. Then as soon as the main workout is over, I make a protein powder drink and sip on it as I do my cool down stretches. Then I have my banana & oatmeal breakfast. And of course, drinking as much water as I can. That's a total of 845 calories eaten before 8am.

Took me a while to work up to all that and wasn't easy. I used to eat a single poptart in the morning and that was it...oh, and a can of coke, lol. What I am doing now works so much better for me and I have more energy to start the day, even after the workouts. I am a big believer in having as big (and healthy too of course) breakfast as possible.

The P90x guide says I should eat a total 3000 calories once I start. That's 2400 net. That seems like a lot! 2500 is about where my maintenance cals are for my current weight. So would only be a net 100 cal deficit. I currently do a net 750 cal deficit with net 1770 cals.

I think I will compromise and go for 2000 net calories (which would be about a 500 def), that would be 2600 total cals with the P90x workout added in. Then monitor my energy levels and weight and adjust as needed from there.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    I was just wondering if you eat the full amount of calories they tell you to? According to the book I should be eating 2400 calories which seems a little excessive considering the only workout I do is the dvds and since I am a student I'm sedentary most of the day.
    I am 5 1 and weigh 190 lbs. I have had advice to eat between 1600-1900 calories which seems like something I could do. What are your thoughts?

I currently consume around 1200 per day here and I do not eat my exercise calories. For P90X I am going to increase my calories to 1600-1800 initially but listen to my body and eat if I am hungry (not t be confused with thirsty) -- and making sure that my choices are wise and within the nutrition guide. Truth be told abs (good or bad) are created in the kitchen.
  • SaraTN
    Options
    keep me up to date with this stuff please??

or what i can do to be more a part of it?

Welcome! I have added you to my list and as I mentioned earlier will be posting the new thread this weekend along with fit test and starting stats. Feel free to add your info there when I post it. As for involvement... be commited, post your thoughts and motivations here... and don't quit on me!!!

Update to all: I thought I was going to post this today (and I may still have time) but I wasn't thinking about my Halloween party and I had this "brilliant" idea to change my costume idea.. and need to do some last minute errands before I do my fit test. Which may happen tomorrow.

For those of you who are curious... I am going to be a Bravo "Real Housewife" -- of East TN. I'll post photos.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I just did the X Stretch ... WOW amazing! I am so excited to start this program!
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I must admit I tried Cardio X last night (not my official start mind you, just an experiment). Pretty tough!