A place you would NEVER go back to

Options

Replies

• JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    highschool. hated highschool because of all the bullying I went through. thankgod I don't deal with that in college. I go to an online nutrition school so I am feeling at ease. :)
  • MzFyreKitty
    Options
    wow, I lived in Houston for almost 3 years and LOVED TEXAS, what a great place... all places that I have visited in the USA,etc, have had had great elements to them. I would go to any of them again. I live in Arizona now and LOVE it, great people, great cities, very hot summers but winters are unbelievably wonderful. I would never go back to work at the University of Hartford Hospital ever again or a hospital that I worked at in Humble Texas... worst bunch of mean people that I think I have ever met!

There is this restaurant in Goodyear, AZ called Raoul and Teresa's. Our friends took us there about 15 or more years ago. The food was boring but the worst part was my husband was stiring his tea and drinking a big gulp. He happened to look and see something in the glass and pulled out the teaspoon and there was a big clump (HUGE) of beans and rice on the end of his spoon (Like a tablespoon full honestly) ... how could someone NOT have seen that when they put it in his tea.. omg gross. Nothing tasted good after this. Another place was in Madison, TN (suburb of Nashville) called "Mallard" family restaurant (tho I think it changed names many times). My Dad and I went there (our family ate there ALL the time and people would line up out the door to get in) over the Thanksgiving holidays to get turkey and stuffing (obviously prior to me being a vegetarian) and after taking several bites, I scooped in with my fork and noticed something in the bite. There was a USED band-aid in it... I want to hurl to this day. The owner (who was a good friend of my BFF's Mom) told us the cook had a cut on her finger and was wearing a band-aid on and it must have fallen off:( My stomach still roils to this day.

Physically, I will never go back to weighing 300 lbs again
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Texas, all of it.

My theory is that the best place to be in all of Texas is right in the middle. That way, no matter which direction you go, you're leaving Texas.

On behalf of Texas, just keep going. Thank y'all.
    Speak for yourself. I'm a native Texan, and this place is a uhh poophole? :flowerforyou:

You, however, make it a bit better. ;-)
  • roanokejoe49
    Options
    Any country experiencing civil unrest or hyperinflation. Been there, seen that.
    Also, Baltimore.

As a side note, I find it interesting that we've ragged on Texas, the US as a whole, NYC, Arizona, China and Paris but the only ones who whined were the Texans.
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with living in Texas. Everyone here thinks it's the greatest place on earth. Yeah, those are the people that have never left Texas obviously.

Slinky, I'm really starting to like you.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    El paso, TX. The butt hole of the U.S.

This is true. Though while I lived in Mexico, driving to El Paso for Costco groceries was a real treat. We looked forward to those trips for MONTHS, we were SO excited to go there, it felt like the ritziest place on earth. That is how bad Mexico sucks. :sick:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Any country experiencing civil unrest or hyperinflation. Been there, seen that.
    Also, Baltimore.

As a side note, I find it interesting that we've ragged on Texas, the US as a whole, NYC, Arizona, China and Paris but the only ones who whined were the Texans.
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with living in Texas. Everyone here thinks it's the greatest place on earth. Yeah, those are the people that have never left Texas obviously.

Au contraire. I've been everywhere in the US and parts of Europe and I still think Texas is the greatest place on earth. You can leave too.

judge-judy-eye-roll.gif?w=720
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Rhyl
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nando's. Too overpriced for what you actually get.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    McDonalds. Never never never:explode:
  • BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Atlanta. Had to go there 5 times in one year for work. Work booked me to stay at a 'Quality Inn' that had roaches in the foyer, elevator, and bathrooms. Maids were stealing stuff from staff, and my window looked out at a solid concrete wall.

Ugh. Never ever ever again.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Nando's. Too overpriced for what you actually get.
    Totally agree plus I love chicken but that place is so over rated.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Finallylean....I agree. I had a bad experience with Boston Market the first year they opened their stores and every time I see their name, I have flashbacks.
  • vincecontreras317
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's middle school experiences scarred them emotionally for life. We homeschooled our 3 boys through their middle-school years. I think think they're the more well-adjusted for it.
  • LeeBee2012
    LeeBee2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'll never go back to 239 pounds!!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's middle school experiences scarred them emotionally for life. We homeschooled our 3 boys through their middle-school years. I think think they're the more well-adjusted for it.

This. I'm seriously considering keeping my kids out of middle school when they reach that age. Middle school effed with my self-esteem so bad. I often still think I'm ugly and awkward because of that hellhole.
  • meluhneekay
    Options

This. I'm seriously considering keeping my kids out of middle school when they reach that age. Middle school effed with my self-esteem so bad. I often still think I'm ugly and awkward because of that hellhole.

No kidding! Middle school was the worst for me. Was bullied endlessly. I ended up going out of district for high school. Did the lone wolf thing with the exception of two good friends. Was much, much better.
  • roanokejoe49
    Options
    Newport, Rhode Island in the summer...too many wannabe rich people
    Sligo, Ireland...industrial, nothing much to see
    The Parthenon in Athens...through a freak set of circumstances, I visited there three times over the course of two consecutive days. WTF?
    Naples, Florida...well, unless I want to retire there.
    Anywhere in Mississippi...an inflamed boil on the buttox of the world.
    Most of Texas sucks too. Austin rocks, but other than that. Dallas is a cesspool.
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options

I'm sorry everyone had such a hard time in middle school. That is most definitely one of the awkward stages of life. Middle school is when my history with anorexia began. It's a sad time. :frown:
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    Most of Texas sucks too. Austin rocks, but other than that. Dallas is a cesspool.

:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I'll never go back to 239 pounds!!!

Best answer I seen so far!! :flowerforyou: