• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    New Hampshire :)
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Church

This too. I was forced as a kid a few times. No frickin thank you.
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The bathroom at Neptune's Net in Malibu.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Pizza Delight in Toronto, there were two mice playing in the salad bar... soooo nasty
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I thought of another one. There's one particular "club" in my town that quite a lot of people go to (inexplicably!) and I have been there 3-4 times in years past and I just do not get it. There is nothing cool about it at all. Nasty people grinding on each other to AC/DC like it's 1984. It makes me embarrassed for all parties involved.

My ex summed it up when he pointed out that there were a dozen people watching the real estate channel in a corner. That is not a cool place to go out to under any circumstances lol.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    LA as a whole. I found the massive difference between the very very rich and the absolute shocking amount of homeless people...I couldn't deal. I found it incredibly disgusting, the amount of money that flows through that place and yet there is no system in place to help the disabled - physically and mentally - less fortunate, other than hope that someone buys them a sandwich that day.

Really?

Huh.

ETA: are you referring to Los Angeles? Because the sheer amount of public service programs available in Los Angeles County is mind-boggling.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It is not a surprise to see so many places to eat but remember all those circumstances for bad food, service etc change from day to day. Sad to see some that sad church but establishments even churches have issues and don't allow the true meaning of God to be the center.
    For me it is more a state of mind I never want to go back to a dark place where I was only eating 500 calories a day I am now eating 2,000 plus on exercise days and otherwise 1500 and healthy and very active physically Loving and enjoying life and everything that comes my way
  • danasings
    Options
    The bathroom at Neptune's Net in Malibu.

This sounds like there might be an interesting story attached...or maybe not. :laugh:
  • danasings
    Options
    It is not a surprise to see so many places to eat but remember all those circumstances for bad food, service etc change from day to day. Sad to see some that sad church but establishments even churches have issues and don't allow the true meaning of God to be the center.
    For me it is more a state of mind I never want to go back to a dark place where I was only eating 500 calories a day I am now eating 2,000 plus on exercise days and otherwise 1500 and healthy and very active physically Loving and enjoying life and everything that comes my way

This is great. :flowerforyou:
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Malia, Crete (Greece), I worked there as a club rep, peoples morals go out the window there, I saw a lot of heart ache and drug use, not my scene.
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    New Mexico, drove through what seemed to be the whole state and it never ended and was ugly!
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    my ex wife
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    my ex wife

:laugh: good one!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Any country experiencing civil unrest or hyperinflation. Been there, seen that.
    Also, Baltimore.

As a side note, I find it interesting that we've ragged on Texas, the US as a whole, NYC, Arizona, China and Paris but the only ones who whined were the Texans.
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with living in Texas. Everyone here thinks it's the greatest place on earth. Yeah, those are the people that have never left Texas obviously.

Au contraire. I've been everywhere in the US and parts of Europe and I still think Texas is the greatest place on earth. You can leave too.
  • smantha32
    Options
    This crazy lady had an ad in the paper about a futon and my husband and I had just moved back to my home town, and we didn't have a bed to sleep on and were desperate to not sleep on the floor of our new house. When we got to the place she had indicated, it was a derelict warehouse with dusty nasty furniture and the woman came out unshowered in a mumu. Never will go near that place again.

Never buy used mattresses or sofas.
    You never know what you'll be bringing into your house.
  • smantha32
    Options

And the Winnipeg airport. I would blow that place off the map if I could.

I would have to add the airports in Detroit and Atlanta. ugh.
  • smantha32
    Options
    The only god awful horrible restaurant I would never go back to was a place called Bliss that served raw food. Apparently the entire city agreed with me because it closed.
    Other restaurants food and service vary every time you go.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Alderaan

To soon?
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    my mom's house.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just about any place inside the DC beltway.

I grew up near there, kindergarten all the way through college, and every field trip EVER was to somewhere "important" in DC... The second time I ever got behind the wheel of a car right after getting my provisional license was the DC beltway. YUCK.

I'll take my country living any day over that mess.