Last 10 lb Challenge!

Options

Replies

• fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
    i subbed in 'long runs' for 'drinking at the end of a workday', and i feel like i am actually looking awesome. Normally, during deadline, i let myself go, overcaffeinate, eat crap, and generally feel awful- and later have to take weeks to clean everything up and get my weight back down. This time, I decided it is going to work out for relaxation.

happy friday
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
    i subbed in 'long runs' for 'drinking at the end of a workday', and i feel like i am actually looking awesome. Normally, during deadline, i let myself go, overcaffeinate, eat crap, and generally feel awful- and later have to take weeks to clean everything up and get my weight back down. This time, I decided it is going to work out for relaxation.

happy friday

Well this is great news! We are so proud of you! Keep it up and enjoy your success! Sis boom bah!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all, hoping to get my head back in the game after a busy, stressful week....heading out for a run/walk in the old neighborhood here...hopeing to get the bugs out of my head....need to refocus....or I will never get to the 160's....Have a great start to the weekend everyone!!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Well, it's actually the first day of a new week, and I just read my original post to this forum. At that point I weighed in at 161 and the date was 10/9/10. This morning I weighed in at 148.8 - so that is a 12.2 lb reduction in weight in a little over a month - so I feel like I am staying on track to reach my goal of 135 by Christmas. with just a little over 10 lbs to go, I should be okay - I may have to work at it a little harder right after Thanksgiving, but I should be good.

Vickie
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Well, it's actually the first day of a new week, and I just read my original post to this forum. At that point I weighed in at 161 and the date was 10/9/10. This morning I weighed in at 148.8 - so that is a 12.2 lb reduction in weight in a little over a month - so I feel like I am staying on track to reach my goal of 135 by Christmas. with just a little over 10 lbs to go, I should be okay - I may have to work at it a little harder right after Thanksgiving, but I should be good.

Vickie

Wow Vickie! You are zooming right along! I am so proud of you. I am checking in and hate to report right after you...my weight loss is slow and steady.

CW: 159.5 and holding....grrrrrr:embarassed:
    GW: 150 I am coming for you!
    Exercise: 3/5 days.....
    Goal: Ramp up the exercise, decrease the carby snacks

I know I can do this. I had a terrible week and just did my best to get through. Losing a student is a rough experience so I am cutting myself a little slack. I am proud of myself for not falling back into emotional eating through this. My heart just aches for this young girl's family. I am still trying to get my brain around the fact that this young lady is gone just at the brink of really beginning her adult life. Whew~rough ole week.....just don't get it. Hug your kids, hug your kids, hug your kids.....life is so short.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    O.K., checking in. ONly lost .4 lbs. this week but considering I ate Chinese (no clue how many calories that was), Bang Bang shrimp at happy hour with a couple of cocktails, and missed 2 days of working out, I'm happy I didn't gain! I've got 6.6 lbs. to go to get to my goal weight. It's gonna be hard to do it by year end with the holidays and my younger son is having surgery in December and will be in the hospital for 4 days but I'm hoping to keep on track and at least lose a few more. On a brighter note, I HAD to go shopping yesterday and buy a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of bras. My old ones were hanging off my body and had to be held up by my belt-I looked like a little old man! SAdly, the girls were no longer filling the cups and the band was too big around so my bra was sagging! Felt really good to put on size 8 jeans and THEY FIT!!! I tried on probably 10 pair looking for the ones that fit the best! Let's all do great with our eating and exercising this week so we can enjoy Thanksgiving!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Hi all..weighed in this morning at 170 YEAHHHHHHHH....next it'll be 160 something.....can't wait....5lbs til goal....hope everyone else is doing well....
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know this is super late... but can I join in? I have 7 lbs to go to my goal... I am currently at 142.6 lbs and am 5'8" tall and want to be at 135 lbs. I will be checking in on Mondays, as that way I can be accountable for myself the entire weekend and not slip. The last few weeks I've not lost a single thing! So maybe if I HAVE to check in every week it will make me more accountable. I am having a hard time with my eating right now too, but as of last night I made my husband in charge of my weakness, cereal!!! I told him he has to give me permission to eat it and that he has to evaluate if weather I'm worthy or not to have it. He has to determine if I've worked hard enough and what my scheduled workouts are for the next few days, and how long its been since I last had cereal or something similar to it. I know its extreme to have someone telling me weather or not I can have it, but I need to get a hang on my self control, and he's always saying "Just have it, its not that big of deal"... so this will make me realize its not ok to have it all the time.
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Hey swinnie! We are almost clones-I'm 5'9", weigh 141.6 and want to get to 135! Must be twins separated at birth! good luck with that cereal thing.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am stuck from 121-122 for 2 weeks. Very frustrating! I didn't have the best weekends in those 2 weeks though. I have been strict again even on weekends. I have been eating more sodium than usual so I am hoping it's the sodium and water.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    swinnie- try to chocolate cheerios- yummo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lost 1.6lbs which is great, but only making up for the 2lbs gained last week, but i will take it!

tgif everyone!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Hi all..weighed in this morning at 170 YEAHHHHHHHH....next it'll be 160 something.....can't wait....5lbs til goal....hope everyone else is doing well....

That is just fantastic!!!! :)

I am recovering from Thanksgiving Dinner at my house last weekend. It has taken me a few days to get straightened out. Today the scale showed I am up a few pounds but it is also TOM...I am feeling better but not real proud of myself. The leftovers in the fridge did me in. Heed my warning and send them all home with everyone! Dang dressing!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    I know this is super late... but can I join in? I have 7 lbs to go to my goal... I am currently at 142.6 lbs and am 5'8" tall and want to be at 135 lbs. I will be checking in on Mondays, as that way I can be accountable for myself the entire weekend and not slip. The last few weeks I've not lost a single thing! So maybe if I HAVE to check in every week it will make me more accountable. I am having a hard time with my eating right now too, but as of last night I made my husband in charge of my weakness, cereal!!! I told him he has to give me permission to eat it and that he has to evaluate if weather I'm worthy or not to have it. He has to determine if I've worked hard enough and what my scheduled workouts are for the next few days, and how long its been since I last had cereal or something similar to it. I know its extreme to have someone telling me weather or not I can have it, but I need to get a hang on my self control, and he's always saying "Just have it, its not that big of deal"... so this will make me realize its not ok to have it all the time.

Of course! Glad to have you! Keeping focused during the holidays will at least keep us from gaining! Right?! :)
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, never saw this thread before, I would love to join in.

I joined MFP in aug and have lost 12 lbs since, I need 5.51 lbs more to go which seems so difficult. I'm down 2 lbs for couple of days then I gain it back right away, I've started to hate the 71.5 kg figure that it reads off the scale. :sad:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Welcome aboard! We wish you well! Let's pull each other through this last 10lbs. :bigsmile:

I am checking in for the week. My weight is up a bit after Thanksgiving Celebration at my house last weekend. I am feeling much better and back in control. Just in time to travel next week.....more challenges. I am really hoping to just maintain throughout these challenging times. If I accomplish this, I am a winner.

CW: 161.5
    GW: 150
    Workouts: 3
    Goal for the week......less salt, more water!!!!!

Just got a new workout in from Netflix...Biggest Loser Kickstart....have you tried Netflix? It's a great way to try out new workout videos before you make the purchase.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I haven't weighed myself lately. I don't plan to for a month. I threw my scale in the closet. It was making me weigh myself everyday! Haha
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Hi all, checking in. I lost 2 lbs. and am in the 130's!!!!!!! Whoo-hoo, haven't weighed this little in almost 10 years! I've got 4.8 lbs. to go to hit my goal weight. Good luck everybody, we CAN do this and still enjoy the holidays. Have a great week all!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Hi all, checking in. I lost 2 lbs. and am in the 130's!!!!!!! Whoo-hoo, haven't weighed this little in almost 10 years! I've got 4.8 lbs. to go to hit my goal weight. Good luck everybody, we CAN do this and still enjoy the holidays. Have a great week all!

Woooo Hooooo! Great job and congrats on your success...very inspiring!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I just joined in, so how do we inspire/help each other up pushing with this last mile? Just trying to know the way to my & all the friend's goal here.
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning all, not the best weekend...not best food choices....didn't even log in my food on Sat (had a United Way bowling tournament with my son--atleast got in a lot of fun and a workout with the bowling)--but this is a NEW WEEK....heading to the YMCA to workout with one of its newest members (MY MOM!!!:bigsmile: )...weight up 1 pound today but I refuse to log it....I will wait until my weigh in day WED. and hope it will be back down that pound....have a GREAT Monday all....:flowerforyou: