i dont understand what a "dirty eater" is...??

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream and chocolate syrup come to mind. . Maybe some fresh strawberries. . .
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    "Yeah, baby. Gimme that cookie….Oh, you like that cookie? You like it when I bite that cookie? ….. I'm going to lick that chocolate chip right off of you, cookie……Mmmmmm."

Can i have a bite of that cookie?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream and chocolate syrup come to mind. . Maybe some fresh strawberries. . .

How YOU doin'?? :bigsmile:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It doesn't mean anything. "Clean" and "dirty" eating are arbitrary terms that have completely different definitions depending on who you ask. Don't even worry about it.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'?? :bigsmile:

I'm eating dirty. . Here, let me pour some of this caramel on you. . . Tsk. .now look how dirty you are. I'll clean that up. . .
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    someone that eats off an unclean floor...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    "Yeah, baby. Gimme that cookie….Oh, you like that cookie? You like it when I bite that cookie? ….. I'm going to lick that chocolate chip right off of you, cookie……Mmmmmm."

ooooo sooooo dirty ....
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The dirty eating I do has nothing to do with calorie intake.
    :happy:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Generally it is someone that eats what they want when they want it as long as it fits in their daily calorie/macros goal. So if you want to eat a bacon cheeseburger, fries, pop and a twinkie, you do as long as it fits in your daily goals. Where as a "clean eater" would generally choose chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, water. Both are fine. You will lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. I wouldn't recommend eating "dirty" 100% of the time, partly because it would be hard to maintain a deficit, especially if your calorie goal is lower. I think a good rule is 80/20. Eat healthy 80% of the time, but enjoy the things you love. Don't be afraid of "junk" food.

What makes a bacon cheeseburger dirty and a chicken breast clean? Does the combination of meat, bread, and veggies somehow make it dirty? If you had these things separately, would they go back to their "clean" state?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    The dirty eating I do has nothing to do with calorie intake.

giggity giggity, allllriiiiight...
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is pretty dirty

59417-messy-baby-eating-birthday-cake-picking-nose.jpeg

I hope that's cake
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is pretty dirty

59417-messy-baby-eating-birthday-cake-picking-nose.jpeg

I hope that's cake

:sick:
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well i might have known this query would result in some of the very predictable suggestions ....but thankyou also for the sensible ones!!!
  • greatfoodlady
    Options
    I just read an article on "clean eating", which is no processed foods, lean meats, whole wheat breads, hard cheeses (once you get to start adding dairy back in), veggies, fruits, etc. (too long to go through it all, but u get the idea) I am assuming "dirty eating" is the opposite. Processed foods, fatty meats, etc.....
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    See this phrase quite a lot in posts ..what does it mean?

I don't shower between my morning run and my first meal.

Does that count?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Generally it is someone that eats what they want when they want it as long as it fits in their daily calorie/macros goal. So if you want to eat a bacon cheeseburger, fries, pop and a twinkie, you do as long as it fits in your daily goals. Where as a "clean eater" would generally choose chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, water. Both are fine. You will lose weight as long as you eat at a deficit. I wouldn't recommend eating "dirty" 100% of the time, partly because it would be hard to maintain a deficit, especially if your calorie goal is lower. I think a good rule is 80/20. Eat healthy 80% of the time, but enjoy the things you love. Don't be afraid of "junk" food.

what if you drink non-filtered water, does it then make the rest of the meal "dirty"?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    no processed foods
    whole wheat breads
    hard cheeses

These are mutually exclusive.

Whole wheat bread and cheese are prime examples of processed food.
    "clean eating", which is no processed foods, lean meats
    "dirty eating" is.. fatty meats

Why is lean meat "clean" but fatty meat "dirty"??
  • greatfoodlady
    Options

What makes a bacon cheeseburger dirty and a chicken breast clean? Does the combination of meat, bread, and veggies somehow make it dirty? If you had these things separately, would they go back to their "clean" state?
    [/quote

Bacon cheeseburger: dirty because its made with high fat meats and probably white processed bread. Chicken breast: clean because it is a low fat meat and eaten without bread. I agree with first quote, keep things in moderation and you will lose weight.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    See this phrase quite a lot in posts ..what does it mean?

I don't shower between my morning run and my first meal.

Does that count?

Just chew an Orbit and we're all good. :wink: :drinker:

edited because i'm stoopid.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yeah, someone already mentioned it, but the most important aspect of "clean eating" as it's usually defined is whole, unprocessed foods. No chemicals, no treatments, no preservatives, that kind of thing. It's a really specious concept that doesn't really work in the modern food culture, if you ask me, and there's definitely an anti-progress, anti-technology undercurrent to it? Clean eaters, paleo, all that nonsense.

You're better off minding your macros, I think. I eat "clean" most of the time, but damned if I don't snack dirty.