i dont understand what a "dirty eater" is...??

Options

Replies

• LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    She's a dirty eater

ibzvqmNeaOIVwm.gif

She has no chest!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like pork butts and I can not lie...you other Pal's can't deny
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your eating and how you eat it. ;-)

blake-lively-leighton-meester-ice-cream-750x525_large.jpg

XOXO,

Gossip Squirrel
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

lol there is nothing wrong with getting x percent of your diet from fat ..I aim for about 30% from fat in my macros...

No one said there was anything wrong with that…

Just labeling a food as "dirty" implies that there's something wrong with it. In my opinion, demonizing any kind of food is just one step away from giving an eating disorder a foothold.

So you're telling me that because I choose not to eat wheat, white flour, fast food, cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cheesecake, ice cream, soda, caffeine, candy, etc. because I know they aren't healthy and won't do any good for me, I have an eating disorder? LOL okay. That makes a lot of sense...
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options

lol there is nothing wrong with getting x percent of your diet from fat ..I aim for about 30% from fat in my macros...

Just labeling a food as "dirty" implies that there's something wrong with it. In my opinion, demonizing any kind of food is just one step away from giving an eating disorder a foothold.

So you're telling me that because I choose not to eat fast food, cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cheesecake, ice cream, soda, caffeine, candy, etc. because I know they aren't healthy and won't do any good for me, I have an eating disorder? LOL okay. That makes a lot of sense...

No, but I do see that you have an issue with putting words in other people's mouths. Try reading for comprehension.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    So you're telling me that because I choose not to eat wheat, white flour, fast food, cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cheesecake, ice cream, soda, caffeine, candy, etc. because I know they aren't healthy and won't do any good for me, I have an eating disorder? LOL okay. That makes a lot of sense...
    Unless you have a variety of food intolerances/allergies, all of those have the potential to 'do good' and none of them are specifically unhealthy when incorporated into an appropriately focused diet.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I don't know if you have an eating disorder or not, but you clearly have an irrational and inconsistent fear of certain foods.

This type of irrational fear of foods often leads to eating disorders.

The idea that any of those things is inherently unhealthy is ludicrous.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure I just ate everything you listed over the Easter weekend, lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Unless you have a variety of food intolerances/allergies, all of those have the potential to 'do good' and none of them are specifically unhealthy when incorporated into an appropriately focused diet.

I'm gluten free (and dairy free for the most part) because I have Crohn's disease. I can't eat processed foods and refined carbs because I have severe insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. My health is more important to me than incorporating those foods into my diet.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I'm gluten free (and dairy free for the most part) because I have Crohn's disease. I can't eat processed foods and refined carbs because I have severe insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. My health is more important to me than incorporating those foods into my diet.

Do you also have diabetes and phenylketonuria?
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Someone who ignores the 5 second rule.

Hahahahaha! That's funny. I thought it was a 10 second rule and 15 seconds for anything with chocolate in it!
  • geebusuk
    Options
    Seems reasonable then, apart from this, of course...
    I can't eat processed foods
    What about a food being 'processed' is bad for you?
    How do you define 'processed'?
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's a comment on not eating clean like other people have said, but the whole concept of "clean" eating isn't a new fad (like most people marketing their diet books want you to think). Eating clean means eating food. Real food. Food that grew in the ground and may still have dirt on it. Most people around the world eat "clean" as in they eat real food. Dirty food is anything that is processed or does not come from nature. Once you start looking at food in the grocery store this way, you will find that most stores don't sell real food. If you are interested in some good books on clean eating, I recommend Dr. Junger's books. They are informative and really inspiring. Maybe people everywhere in America will start eating local, fresh organic foods like we do in California? Good luck!
  • geebusuk
    Options
    processed or does not come from nature.
    Please define 'processed' as you see it.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    Options

But that's you. That's not everyone. As someone else pointed out, negative labeling like "dirty food" usually indicates some kind of fear (or as I said) demonizing of a food, which does lead to eating disorders for many people. Labeling foods as "dirty" often shows an unhealthy relationship for that person with that food, which also leads to the potential for eating disorders. I will never forget one woman with an eating disorder who appeared in a video. She was stretching her mouth wide to place tiny bites of food inside, on her tongue, as close to the back of her tongue as possible, to reduce her contact with the "dirty" food. If she weighed 80 pounds, I'd be surprised. It cemented the face of demonizing food forever in my mind.

It's absolutely fine for an individual to reduce or restrict foods that he or she cannot eat for one reason or another. It is another thing entirely to label foods as clean or dirty. Those kind of labels lead to disordered thinking and are not helpful at all.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Do you also have diabetes and phenylketonuria?

Considering I have an A1c of 3.9, no, I don't have diabetes. And if I had PKU, I would've been diagnosed at birth.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    Seems reasonable then, apart from this, of course...
    I can't eat processed foods
    What about a food being 'processed' is bad for you?
    How do you define 'processed'?

Processed foods are typically high carb, high in saturated and trans fat, and high in sugar.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

mentioning that in your original post would of been useful...
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Someone who eats food from the trash can.
  • geebusuk
    Options
    Processed foods are typically high carb, high in saturated and trans fat, and high in sugar.
    So not actually anything to do with processing?