People who back into parking spaces

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
Y u do this?!

Especially when most of you are bad at it!!!

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    to piss you off...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Even worse, the ones who swing out to park their compact cars like they are driving a big rig.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    they like to pull out quick..

same ones who ask the girl if they really need to use a condom.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    Funny, you strike me as someone who would do this... *giggle*
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I coud not do this for the life of me. I park far far away from everyone else as I suck at it and will not inconvenience everyone else and take up two spaces because I suck.

However.... people that do it say it's easier to get out of the space then, somehow. Especially bigger cars. Logically, I don't understand that. but I'm also blonde so maybe it's just me
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I never do this. I don't want to write-off my car.
  • wheird
    Options
    to piss you off...

This is my current understanding.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm amazing at it. Or I pull through. I can get out easier and have a better line of sight. I see plenty of people who can't seem to pull into spots, either.
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I do this, but I only do it when no one is behind me waiting. I back in when I park at my workplace garage. It's just easier to get out.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    do you even park bro?
  • wheird
    Options
    I coud not do this for the life of me. I park far far away from everyone else as I suck at it and will not inconvenience everyone else and take up two spaces because I suck.

However.... people that do it say it's easier to get out of the space then, somehow. Especially bigger cars. Logically, I don't understand that. but I'm also blonde so maybe it's just me

Except most of the people are terrible at backing in in the first place.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's a safety requirement at my work. Still annoys me.
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's one thing if your car is cool (mine isn't)... but minivan and Camry driver need to refrain. Please!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Cops do it all the time. Even in their personal vehicles. It makes for a quick exit when needed - or so they say............
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm amazing at it. Or I pull through. I can get out easier and have a better line of sight. I see plenty of people who can't seem to pull into spots, either.

I can understand pulling through, but actually backing in doesn't seem to have any time benefit at all.
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Prefer reversing into empty space on way in than out into traffic/pedestrians on way out.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I don't back in. I pull through.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My husband has some theory that it's better for the vehicles to be pointed with the front down the hill that is our driveway, so I do it when I'm driving his truck, or if I have groceries to unload, or at work if I have my bike on the back of the vehicle.

But I suck at parking forward too.
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll park that way unless it's angled or parallel....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I can understand pulling through, but actually backing in doesn't seem to have any time benefit at all.

I do it easier and straighter in the park than just pulling it, tbh, it's less a time thing for me (I'd say time is probably equal between methods if you know how to back in). Maybe it's from years of driving a lopsided RWD car, I don't know. I do it now for any car I drive (unless a lot specifically bans backing in).