Options
    Now this...

tumblr_mb8avjy3M51rv2e56o1_500.jpg

^this is funny.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Racing a one miler is the devil, period. :laugh:

Which leads into my next topic... I have my first 1 mile road race in less than a month. The thought of a one mile race has me nervous. My lungs burn, I lose my vision, my arms pump so hard, every part of my body aches. I feel as if I can't breathe from .12 into the race... I'd like to run sub 5:40

Help!!!

Hijacking your own troll thread? What the hell?

it would make sense if you knew her

See? *That* was funny.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Which leads into my next topic... I have my first 1 mile road race in less than a month. The thought of a one mile race has me nervous. My lungs burn, I lose my vision, my arms pump so hard, every part of my body aches. I feel as if I can't breathe from .12 into the race... I'd like to run sub 5:40

Help!!!

I guess I'm not part of your cool kid's clique, b/c I don't get it. Dang. This is how you find out you're not cool, huh?

ngbbs4dbee0a03a0d1.jpg

yeah, i'm not part of the clique either.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Help!!!

Hijacking your own troll thread? What the hell?

it would make sense if you knew her

See? *That* was funny.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had to read this whole thread before I got it. Is OP crazy? No... no, just hilariously snarky! XD
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Slow down. Your pace is probably too fast. Shoot for a pace you can comfortably carry on a conversation with another person. Once you build up your stamina for that, speed will come.

I can barely speak after the first 2 miles of a 5k or 10k... Is that too fast?

it sure sounds like you're going out too fast too early
This discussion has been closed.