Dieting = Craving BAD foods

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself the foods that I want. If they fit within my calories for the day, I have them -- but in a small amount. If, after I eat the item I want more (let's say it's a slice of pizza and I want four . . . ), I move along to another food sensation entirely. So if I ate my pizza, I wrap up any additional slices as leftovers and move on to water, a salad or a light dessert. By cutting my tastebuds off from the food, I enjoy more variety and don't crave it as much.

But my big issue isn't that all the foods I want are bad for me -- it's more a matter of portion control. So my technique might only work if the next food that I move onto isn't going to be just as bad for me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    So my technique might only work if the next food that I move onto isn't going to be just as bad for me.
    unless you're allergic to it, no food is going to be inherently bad for you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just as a point of reference, today I've had:

A bagel with cream cheese
    Coffee with sugar
    A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    A can of Monster Ultra Zero
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

I craved "bad food" as most people define it. Then I ate it. And I felt awesome about it because I ate awesome delicious food and didn't end up feeling guilty because the food was "bad" or I broke some "rule" of my diet or something.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

I craved "bad food" as most people define it. Then I ate it. And I felt awesome about it because I ate awesome delicious food and didn't end up feeling guilty because the food was "bad" or I broke some "rule" of my diet or something.

You're going to die.
  • lensperry
    lensperry Posts: 29 Member
    Options

A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

You're going to die.

Hahaha so is everyone else. :wink:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Coffee with sugar
    A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

I acknowlege the IIFYM thing but we'll have to mutually agree to not take eachother's food advice. No fruit?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Coffee with sugar
    A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

I acknowlege the IIFYM thing but we'll have to mutually agree to not take eachother's food advice.

What not going to follow his diet advice - I thought it wasn't an option.

I've just gone out and bought everything on his list!!!!!! Thanks for telling me now.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Coffee with sugar
    A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

I acknowlege the IIFYM thing but we'll have to mutually agree to not take eachother's food advice. No fruit?

I took your advice and cut fruit out of my diet completely for a while.

BTW, the list you see isn't everything I had that day. Just FYI.

Anyway, my diary is open. People can see what I eat. People can see everything I've eaten for the past 15 months. Your diary is closed, so we can't see what you eat. I'm also happy to post my history of weight, fat mass, lean mass, and blood test results on request.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Coffee with sugar
    A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

Anyway, my diary is open. People can see what I eat. People can see everything I've eaten for the past 15 months. Your diary is closed, so we can't see what you eat. I'm also happy to post my history of weight, fat mass, lean mass, and blood test results on request.

Looking at your diary you cut fruit a while ago. lol

ETA - Spelling.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Looking at your diary you cut fruit a whole ago. lol

I rarely eat fruit. Don't like it. Every now and then I'll have a banana or apple.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Coffee with sugar
    A KFC Double Down
    A mini candy bar
    A Power Bar
    Ice cream
    Girl Scout Cookies

I thought my diary was open, whoops! I'm opening now so check it out if you like.