** Breaking News** Do you believe in MIRACLES?

Options

Replies

• hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think this just proves not all people are *kitten*. Not sure how this relates to the all mighty creator hypothesis.

Totally killed my joy. Shoo!

No need to have your joy killed! I believe that GOD brought my keys back to me. I prayed that they would and they did.

Hey congrats you are an atheist! Hope you are right for your eternal sake! Lol

wK5nHyf.gif

LMAO!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    In the book of Exodus chapter 12 verse 28, God writes about one of his early massacres:

"So the people of Israel did just as the LORD had commanded through Moses and Aaron. And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. "

More mass murder from 'God'. Why do people worship something like this?

In Isaiah chapter 13...

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

"Little children will be dashed to death". Um, that's not very kind. The children should have to pay the price because their parents are captured?

I don't care if this makes 'christians' uncomfortable. I don't like reading about these horrendous acts. If I don't subscribe to this vengeful vicious god, I deserve hell? Nice lesson.

This is one of the reasons I struggle so much. Honest and true.
    I realize that nothing is black and white... before it seemed so clear.
    When I became a mom, my faith was shaken because of this...because I could hear and imagine the terror of all the kids. And I still don't know how to reconcile this with the idea that God is a god of love.

But I do know this.

When I actively believed, and followed the 'way'... I was a much happier person. I was kinder, I was more patient, I was gentler. I didn't cuss like a sailor. I was a better person. I also know that IF there is a God out there who loves me, and who so loved the world... then he is big enough to handle and understand my doubt.

I don't understand the past. I really don't.

I don't understand the present.

It doesn't make sense to me. None of it does.
    Sometimes, I can't read the news because it hurts so bad to *feel* what people are going through.

But the idea of living on this planet for a fixed amount of time with no purpose, no end goal.. seems so pointless.
    I no longer actively try to "convert" people. I have been seriously hurt by both "Christians" and "Non Christians" alike.

But I do know that if I focus on being the kind of person that the New Testament speaks of - I am a much better person all around.
    And really, isn't that the point? To be kind, and loving and caring and compassionate? Who doesn't want more people in their life like that?

Whether you do that as an athiest, or agnostic, Muslim, or Christian... that is your choice, and your choice alone. Just try to be the best person you can be.

*gets off soapbox*
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    No offense, but many of you in here are kinda stupid.

What? No offense, but you call many of us stupid. Totally offended!

I meant it with love, so that the stupid may understand themselves a bit better.

You're welcome. :flowerforyou:

Apparently I'm stupid, bc I just don't get it.

Then you learned something today, which was exactly my point!!

Yay for you!

Actually, what I learned today is that you're a jerk!

:laugh:

I am laughing so dang hard at this!

:heart:

**takes a bow** Glad I could entertain you.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Believing in G-d is a choice for anyone who has not witnessed near-death experiences. Those of us who've faced death, know there is a Higher Power, for a fact.

That said, for those to whom it is a choice, the way I'd look at it is like this, if you believe and you're wrong, you don't lose out on anything. But if you don't believe and you're wrong, sems to me you're losing out on the opportunity to connect with G-d, to feel supported and loved by Him, which is losing out on a lot, if you ask me. You have to decide that, though.

Uh, I've had a few near-death experiences. Don't speak for me.

This.
    Don't assume you know anything about what any of us have been through! It's rude and quite frankly, hurtful.

I was going to read and move on, in order not to get mixed up in such debate on a health and fitness forum but this... this is just plain rude and disrespectful to be honest. Some of us had a closer brush with death than you could ever imagine, and let me tell you.. not for a MOMENT did I think or even remember any kind of higher power. For the love of your god, please DO NOT trivialize other people's experiences the good (the shiver down someone's spine over something that has zero to do with religion) or the extremely bad (almost dying) just because they happen to have a different point of view. I'm out.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    AMEN!! God answers prayers!! AMEN!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I believe in people being decent human beings. I believe that we have the choice to either be kind or to be jerks. I do not believe that these choices are dictated by divine intervention. I am not a puppet. I am a person. Miracle? I think not. A good ending to what could have been a bad day? Absolutely! Not at the hands of god however....at the hands of a very thoughtful stranger.
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    *sigh*

Why do these always turn into this kind of crap? Why is it necessary to tell the OP what your persoal beliefs are? What is so dificult in just saying, "good for you!" and moving on?

He believes God was involved. So what? Does it threaten anyone's atheism to read those words?

AMEN to that. :happy:
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In the book of Exodus chapter 12 verse 28, God writes about one of his early massacres:

"So the people of Israel did just as the LORD had commanded through Moses and Aaron. And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. "

In Isaiah chapter 13...

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

"Little children will be dashed to death". Um, that's not very kind. The children should have to pay the price because their parents are captured?

I don't care if this makes 'christians' uncomfortable. I don't like reading about these horrendous acts. If I don't subscribe to this vengeful vicious god, I deserve hell? Nice lesson.

This doesn't make me uncomfortable... sad, very big yes, uncomfortable, no.

But to reply, since you are looking for one... Time to bring on the ever popular saying: "God of the Old Testament is a God of wrath while the God of the New Testament is a God of love." Prior to sacrificing his son to pay for all our bad choices, we had to pay for them ourselves...
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Glad you found your keys!

Theologically speaking, if God and Jesus helped you recover them, who was responsible for you losing them - did Satan steal them in some insidious plot to cause you to lose $1,000?
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    No offense, but many of you in here are kinda stupid.

What? No offense, but you call many of us stupid. Totally offended!

I meant it with love, so that the stupid may understand themselves a bit better.

You're welcome. :flowerforyou:

Apparently I'm stupid, bc I just don't get it.

I AGREE WITH TLC - *dragging her too my cave*
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

In Isaiah chapter 13...

When I became a mom, my faith was shaken because of this...because I could hear and imagine the terror of all the kids. And I still don't know how to reconcile this with the idea that God is a god of love.

But I do know this.

When I actively believed, and followed the 'way'... I was a much happier person. I was kinder, I was more patient, I was gentler. I didn't cuss like a sailor. I was a better person. I also know that IF there is a God out there who loves me, and who so loved the world... then he is big enough to handle and understand my doubt.

Sometimes, I can't read the news because it hurts so bad to *feel* what people are going through.

But the idea of living on this planet for a fixed amount of time with no purpose, no end goal.. seems so pointless.
    I no longer actively try to "convert" people. I have been seriously hurt by both "Christians" and "Non Christians" alike.

But I do know that if I focus on being the kind of person that the New Testament speaks of - I am a much better person all around.
    And really, isn't that the point? To be kind, and loving and caring and compassionate? Who doesn't want more people in their life like that?

Whether you do that as an athiest, or agnostic, Muslim, or Christian... that is your choice, and your choice alone. Just try to be the best person you can be.

*gets off soapbox*

I agree with some of what you say, but disagree with some as well.
  • Theodora1980
    Options
    I think this just proves not all people are *kitten*. Not sure how this relates to the all mighty creator hypothesis.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your uplifting story. God is great! :smile:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Though I'm not religious, I'm glad you found your keys and that there are still good people in this world that will help someone out.
  • chrystyna01
    Options
    Thank God you got them back! I am happy for you and your good luck! And that was an AWESOME burn! :drinker:
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow...some people just can't resist peeing in others' Cheerios. Are the anti-Christian people really that intolerant? :huh:
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    seriously tho - who cares, I don't give 2 cents what anyone's religious beliefs are but I will never attack them. I'm glad the OP had such an experience that uplifted them - what right does anyone have to judge anyone else.

and anyone who feels the need to call me an idiot can <33
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes let's let the religious and atheist congregate in one thread bashing each other while both either proclaim God's great love and the other proclaim his hateful nature. Makes sense. Let people believe what they will, calling someone stupid because their ideals differ from yours is well... stupid. Makes you look like a narrow minded fool with no world knowledge by thinking your ideals are the only ideals of this earth or the only truth. Move on.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When I think miracle, I think Jesus curing the blind, lepers, paralytics, I think turning water into wine, resurrecting the dead, feeding the masses with a few fishes and loaves of bread...

...not finding your keys.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

In Isaiah chapter 13...

But I do know this.

*gets off soapbox*

I agree with some of what you say, but disagree with some as well.

I totally respect that... Sometimes I disagree with some of what I say too!
This discussion has been closed.