Are you a Clean Eater?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The soul of clean eating is consuming food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible. It is not a diet; it’s a lifestyle approach to food and its preparation, leading to an improved life – one meal at a time.
    I had a 'whole' 1750 calories of "Millionaire's cheesecake" last night.
    It was in the natural state for cheese cake, so clean?

Cheesecake is not found in nature, so it has no natural state.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    The soul of clean eating is consuming food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible. It is not a diet; it’s a lifestyle approach to food and its preparation, leading to an improved life – one meal at a time.

OK. I'm just going to go harvest my sushi tree out back right quick, then I'll be back to respond to this post.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

OK. I'm just going to go harvest my sushi tree out back right quick, then I'll be back to respond to this post.
    Don't you hate it when you bite in to dem feathery chickens.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

It makes me so thirsty, and I keep drinking glass after glass of tea, but all it does is dehydrate me!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've cut out sugar completely and avoid processed foods, no bread, pasta, cookies, cake, tortillas. I don't eat potatoes, do eat sweet potatoes. Meats I'll eat lean ground turkey, chicken,turkey bacon and fish. I eat quinoa, black beans, lots of spinach, asparagus, avocado, tomatoes, pretty much any vegetables, no corn, and certain fruits: berries (not strawberries), grapefruit every day, I switch between decaf & caf coffee, lots of water, no juice. Do eat cheese, feta and blue in moderation.

Okay some of this I understand (again, I don't agree, but I get it) but some of it seems truly silly-- no strawberries? Sweet potatoes are okay but not regular potatoes? How did you come up with your guidelines?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

My diary is open for the OP, if you want to see what I eat. 4 cans of coke zero a day not listed because they're only 1.5 calories or so each.

I'm currently around maintenance, building up to a lean bulk. Eating 500 calories more at the moment than I was on a deficit.

I have googled this cheesecake... My son and I need a project for this weekend and I think making this will be perfect! Thank you.

And oh, I guess this means I'm in no way a clean eater. :drinker:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I've cut out sugar completely and avoid processed foods, no bread, pasta, cookies, cake, tortillas. I don't eat potatoes, do eat sweet potatoes. Meats I'll eat lean ground turkey, chicken,turkey bacon and fish. I eat quinoa, black beans, lots of spinach, asparagus, avocado, tomatoes, pretty much any vegetables, no corn, and certain fruits: berries (not strawberries), grapefruit every day, I switch between decaf & caf coffee, lots of water, no juice. Do eat cheese, feta and blue in moderation.

Okay some of this I understand (again, I don't agree, but I get it) but some of it seems truly silly-- no strawberries? Sweet potatoes are okay but not regular potatoes? How did you come up with your guidelines?
    Good olll cleannn decaffinated coffee.....:/
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I wash my food in my cat's water dish - just like the raccoons - so, yes, I am a clean eater.

h5B1F0ECE
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Exactly what I was thinking... ♫sprinkle some fries on those CUPCAKES♫
    photo-2.jpg
    [/quote]

OMG THESE LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I eat all of my food and leave the plate clean.

Does that count?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm simply addressing the OP.

I enjoy "clean" foods, but overall, I'm a "dirty" eater.

My diary is open if you want to have a look. :smile:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    It makes me so thirsty, and I keep drinking glass after glass of tea, but all it does is dehydrate me!
    My point nicely explained, cheers :).
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm a dirty eater. If it fits in my calories, I eat it. I try to be mindful tho and eat healthier. Also, I haven't had soda in a over a year so congrats on that.
    Im a dirty eater and I do the same thing as you, It workd for me and I never feel deprived!!!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I eat totally clean at the moment as I'm prepping for a bikini competition in roughly 9 weeks. I am much fuller on clean foods than I ever was counting calories. Heart disease and diabetes run rampant in my family, so I'm just really eating well for many reasons apart from comp.
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My eating rule for the last 4 years is 80/20. 80% eating clean and 20 % processes foods and always start my day with a hot water with a slice of fresh lemon. This has helped me lose 50 pounds and maintain what I've lost.
  • far2gee
    far2gee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Used to, but it lead me to binge alot! It's not working.. So no, not anymore.. I count calories but I watch my macros a little if not all.. Not that I pay serious attention to it though xD
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Used to, but it lead me to binge alot! It's not working.. So no, not anymore.. I count calories but I watch my macros
    Me too... it's a lot easier for me to stick to a calorie goal if nothing is totally off-limits. And hitting my macros (and eating enough fruits/vegetables) automatically means I'm getting enough nutrients, so I don't have to fuss over some 80/20 rule either. I just eat food.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm a dirty, dirty eater. Always getting crumbs everywhere, sauce on my shirt. I deserve to be punished.
  • pjmcpatty
    pjmcpatty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be better about eating clean - I like the 5 ingredients or less - also if I can't read it I don't eat it.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Define it however you'd like, but I eat the majority of my diet from whole real foods. Very, very little processed junk food. Very little fast food, and no pop. I will eat ice cream or cookies whenever I feel like it, but not usually the store bought kind. When I do eat something outside the realm of "real food" I do not feel the least bit guilty.