There is no magic diet….

Options
1235»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Good Post
    I have kept it as simple as this post suggested and it has worked for me. Anything complicated and I would not have got this far.
    Not saying it has been easy as I have found myself many a times frustrated but the key is to stick at it and adjust when needed.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Not even the water diet? I heard from a professor in nutrition that you can lose weight from just drinking water whenever you're hungry and not eat any carbs, fats or proteins :L
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    What? No magic diet? Now I get told ;(
    I don't class it as diet. It's healthier eating, less crap better choices. It can be hard to kick old habits too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's worse, cauliflower pizza crust or zucchini ice cream :sick:

Nowhere close to Buffalo cauliflower... No chicken to be found anywhere. :sick:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Also this post:

cheers-GIf.gif

Don't worry that champagne fits my macros.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I never thought that low carb would give me the magical ability to eat more calories than I burned and lose weight. I did think it might suppress my appetite and make it easier to eat at a deficit. And it worked for a long time. I was very happy with it.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Why not make Broccoli crust pizza? Why does Broccoli always get shafted?

That sounds rather awesome, actually. Anyone got a recipe?!

I'm in for the cauliflower, though. Love the stuff. I make a mean Cauliflower Cheese X-Treme. It's cauliflower in cheese sauce, with additional broccoli, bacon, leeks and mushrooms then topped with mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Heaven on a plate!

And I've suddenly realised I could turn that into a cauliflower crust pizza - cauliflower and broccoli for the crust, use cheese sauce instead of tomato, the bacon, leek and mushroom as the topping and then mozzarella and parmesan. Sorted!!!

Brassicas aside, I agree with the OP. No magic diet, though some restrictions can help us stick to the CICO plan. Some restrictions, of course, make us go more off course than a philosophy teacher giving a lecture on general relativity...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.