Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 7

Options

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Pixie - Enjoy your visit with your Mom and sending you positive vibes your surgery goes well and for a quick recovery.

cina - well you are smoking hot so no worries there so go and show off all your hard work.

Karen
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Then on Tuesday, she'll be taking me to and from minor surgery. :frown: I have abnormal cells on my cervix, from HPV, that need to be removed before they develop into cancer. But it's not really a huge thing, my mom says pretty much every woman in our family has had this done at least once. I have two rest days planned in my training schedule, then a couple light workouts later in the week before picking back up with my long run Saturday.

If you're having a LEEP done, it's not that bad. I actually drove myself home because I didn't think they were doing the procedure the day they scheduled it for. I thought I was just going in for a consultation. The worst part was the epinephrine injection to the cervix to stop the bleeding. All of the rest was cake.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Then on Tuesday, she'll be taking me to and from minor surgery. :frown: I have abnormal cells on my cervix, from HPV, that need to be removed before they develop into cancer. But it's not really a huge thing, my mom says pretty much every woman in our family has had this done at least once. I have two rest days planned in my training schedule, then a couple light workouts later in the week before picking back up with my long run Saturday.

If you're having a LEEP done, it's not that bad. I actually drove myself home because I didn't think they were doing the procedure the day they scheduled it for. I thought I was just going in for a consultation. The worst part was the epinephrine injection to the cervix to stop the bleeding. All of the rest was cake.

Yeah, it's LEEP. And I'm worried about the local anesthesia b/c when I had a local used on my foot one time - I passed out and seisured. So that's more my concern! ^_^;;
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Yikes! Well I sincerely hope everything goes smoothly. I know they were really concerned I was going to pass out after the epinephrine because I went white as a sheet, but I managed to not do so. I'm sure you already told them, but make sure they're aware of your issues with local anesthetic. They might have another solution.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I weighed in this morning and it said I've gained 2lbs. I've been working out like crazy and drinking a ton of water and eating little to nothing. (This is because I have a lap-band and it doesn't allow me to keep down much. Pretty much everything I eat comes right back up. :ohwell: ) Do you think it could be water weight? I know your weight fluctuates but it's still a little discouraging when you try so hard and see it go back up. I'm pouting, yes.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Jaspersmommy - My weight fluctuates 5lbs or so over the course of the day, so try not to worry. Just focus on trying to get your calories and exercise in and look at the change in weight over 2weeks or a month to gauge your progress.

pixiegoddess - Good luck with everything, hope it all goes smoothly!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Along with all these health goals...I'm really focusing on changing myself. I'm working on a lot of things, like my need to control situations and make sure things are getting done the way I feel is best, how easily I get my feelings hurt or get upset about little things that really don't mean anything, and getting irritated and not communicating the REAL reason for my mood, etc.

There are a lot of things I do, and ways I react, that just make life harder!! I want to be more positive, and carefree. I want to e responsible and take care of what needs done, but not focus so much that it takes over and I stop enjoying the everyday.

:flowerforyou:

The book I ordered called 'The Four Agreements' should arrive today and I'm really looking forward to reading it. It's kind of a self-discovery book. These are the four agreements it talks about:

Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

Don't Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

Don't Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm weighing in early guys, I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week so don't think I'll be able to get on here at all! I'm hoping to do some exercise while i'm away - I'm taking my exercise dvd's and may go for a run if the weather's nice!

I lost 1.5 pounds this week so my weight is 176.5 yay! The upped calories seem to have helped loads this week!

Hope everyone else has a good weigh in, and a great weekend :smile:

Mary-Anne
    xx
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    MaryAnne nice to hear things worked out for you. Enjoy your holiday and Woot on the loss!

Have a great Saturday Pin-Ups, enjoy whatever you do!

Karen
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Feeling super great this morning. Woke up and weighed in on my scale and I had lost 4.4lbs! I've reached my 20lb goal by Halloween before Halloween! :)

Going to Central Market with the Mr. some time today to pick up some goodies. Excited.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I feel so ick this morning!! I wasn't able to get my workout in yesterday and I'm feeling sluggish now. I need to get a workout in badly but I'm so super swamped. I always feel so great after working out. KWIM?

Hopefully I can squeeze one in tonight, going 3 days without one will not be fun.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Feeling super great this morning. Woke up and weighed in on my scale and I had lost 4.4lbs! I've reached my 20lb goal by Halloween before Halloween! :)

Going to Central Market with the Mr. some time today to pick up some goodies. Excited.

4.4lbs!!! That's so awesome!!! Great job
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Thanks! We went out and got our Halloween costumes. I'm going to be a cop and the hubby is a convict. Lol. We bought some lamb steaks at Central Market and I'm going to season those bad boys up with some rosemary, olive oil and red wine vinegar and the Mr is going to grill them. :) Delicious.
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Woot! Jaspersmommy - Great job!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ladies hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Seems like all of us have had an up and down week but hoping the weekend has made that all better! Good luck for weigh in tomorrow! :wink:
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    The book I ordered called 'The Four Agreements' should arrive today and I'm really looking forward to reading it. It's kind of a self-discovery book.

Sounds like an awesome book. I am trying to do a lot of self improvement myself....maybe this is one I should look into :)
  • abbycat900
    Options
    Blergh... I haven't been as active this week as I would've liked, mainly since the weather was terrible, but yesterday I came down with something truly awful and it's kept me in bed all the past 48 hours! I really hope I don't tank the weigh in tomorrow!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I have a feeling my weigh in isn't going to go so well either. I've been eating even when I'm not hungry, and definitely been going over my maintenance calories. I didn't exercise at all last week either due to the heel spur, which is still healing. Ugh. No excuses. I WILL do better from this moment forward.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    i've worked so hard this week. yes... i had a cupcake and a few bites of cheesecake... but i also spent 5 hours at the gym. excited but nervous for tomorrow's weigh in. really hoping to see 235! that would be 20lbs. and my first mini goal :)
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    worried about the weigh in tomorrow :/ i dont think i lost anything. crossing my fingers still that I did :)