Members w/out Profile Pics..

Options
KariOrtiz2014
KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
Do you accept their Friend Request??

Personally: I know that this is a social network for fitness. So some of us might not like pictures as much as the next person but if I get a FR from a person without a profile picture AND without a message, I auto-decline. I don't care much for the message but I don't know if you're a creep or not. No profile picture makes me think you're going to be weird. LOL

I'm just wondering, what the rest of you do when this happens.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Do you accept their Friend Request??

No. I don't even respond to their posts. At least put up SOMETHING of yourself.
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nope! i'm leary of people who are THAT tech-unsavvy
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I don't much care about pics or not, and will generally accept any request. That said, if the person never says anything and drops off for like a week, I'm cutting them. I'm am not a pokemon to be collected.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would...but then again I also don't have any pics of myself up. There are a couple of reasons for this. I'm not opposed to having a photo of myself on my profile but I currently don't have any photos that were taken in the last 3 years and don't have others in the pic.

I'll pretty much accept any friend request, a message would be nice too of course and if their profile is filled out, bonus.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I don't send FR for this reason. It could also be why I have so few MFP friends.

Everything is working perfectly.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    No pics and blank profiles have me hitting the decline/delete button.

I mean, if you can't even put forth the effort to add some info to your MFP account, how the hell are you gonna muster up the effort required to achieve successful, long-term health and fitness goals?
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    Yeeah, no. If they want me to be encouraging and ****z they gotta have a profile pic. Nuff said.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

I mean, if you can't even put forth the effort to add some info to your MFP account, how the hell are you gonna muster up the effort required to achieve successful, long-term health and fitness goals?

Because MFP info updates are directly linked to diet and fitness long term success...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i rather the person leave a message and have pictures but either way I will probably accept just might end up deleting them not to long after
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Some of us want to keep our privacy. I don't understand the need to be so open on the internet. I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible. I don't care if others do not have pics, but they need to send me a message and their home page should give some info about what they are doing and why they are here, otherwise I reject the friend request.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    No message + no picture = automatic decline
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    IDGF if you have a profile pic/avatar.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm OBVIOUSLY the rabbit in my pic.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    squidwardftw.jpg
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Because MFP info updates are directly linked to diet and fitness long term success...

Yeah, cuz it's science, you know?
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't too tecky. Or they are parinoid too about leaving a pic or they are getting on in years like me. I'm still trying to figure out how to post a pic. That being said I might but if I had alot of good friends already I probably wouldn't
    Suzanne
  • earthmen12
    earthmen12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would your profile photo / avatar matter on this site? This isn't myspace, or friendster, or facebook is it?
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    their home page should give some info about what they are doing and why they are here, otherwise I reject the friend request.

Avatars and "some kind" of picture is not a problem!! and MOST people that have no profile pic has NO info on their page either.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

Yeah, cuz it's science, you know?

d34c2c18-98d0-405d-bce0-ac0271a497a1_zps1621c5e0.jpg
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    Why in the world would your profile photo / avatar matter on this site? This isn't myspace, or friendster, or facebook is it?

I could care less if this was MySpace, "Friendster", or Facebook same concept would apply. If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'. I don't see why people would get on a social network and not add a picture of themselves.