Members w/out Profile Pics..

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be the one to say that no pic != "tech unsavvy".

I will also say this is my first post and frankly, idgaf since I don't message any of you people anyways.

Good day.
    :flowerforyou: Good day to you, too :)
    Enjoy mfp ^_^
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i do. to me its no different than people who have quotes/pics of their kids/dogs/inspirations/etc for their icon. too many rules if you ask me. no message;declined no interaction within a certain time; culled blah blah blah.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of my cat as my profile picture. I have my profile filled out, a few friends and about 100 posts. The reason I don't have a picture of myself in my profile is that I hate the way i look and I refuse to take a picture of me or let someone else take a picture of me while I'm this fat.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Some of us want to keep our privacy. I don't understand the need to be so open on the internet. I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible. I don't care if others do not have pics, but they need to send me a message and their home page should give some info about what they are doing and why they are here, otherwise I reject the friend request.

Agree with you 100% But I try and think most people are good and honest. If I feel they are a creeper later ...... Poof they go!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Some of us want to keep our privacy. I don't understand the need to be so open on the internet. I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible. I don't care if others do not have pics, but they need to send me a message and their home page should give some info about what they are doing and why they are here, otherwise I reject the friend request.

Worries about internet privacy....post young boys pictures on the internet
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm too sexy for a profile pic.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I'm too sexy for a profile pic.
    That, however.. Is one sexy T-rex in your pic lol.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would your profile photo / avatar matter on this site? This isn't myspace, or friendster, or facebook is it?

I could care less if this was MySpace, "Friendster", or Facebook same concept would apply. If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'. I don't see why people would get on a social network and not add a picture of themselves.
    Because not everyone is here to socialize. It is THEIR choice and THEIR choice only what they choose to do on this site.
    For a lot of people this is simply a tool to better themselves and that is their personal choice and no one has the right to judge them, plain and simple.

If they are ADDING people then they're socializing!
    And the world isn't going to collapse if you hit decline. 1 second flat.
    Just adding isn't socializing. I've had plenty add me and then they don't say diddly to me.

If the world isn't going to collapse then why are you getting so upset over a topic?

Adding is not an attempt to socialize? I didn't know that sending a friend request was a "tool" that MFP has for fitness!??
    Ah, guess you haven't spent much time online.

:) I have a life outside of MFP too.. Some people spend too much time online!
    Some people work with computers, dear ;)
    Your trolling skills need work.

Oh so instead of working on your computer you come here? Or is it you work for MFP. Either way everyone can make their own choice and their choice is what is right for them. Not Your rules.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Why in the world would your profile photo / avatar matter on this site? This isn't myspace, or friendster, or facebook is it?

I could care less if this was MySpace, "Friendster", or Facebook same concept would apply. If can't even know(see) who is commenting me or PMing me then its creepy to even have them as a 'friend'. I don't see why people would get on a social network and not add a picture of themselves.
    Because not everyone is here to socialize. It is THEIR choice and THEIR choice only what they choose to do on this site.
    For a lot of people this is simply a tool to better themselves and that is their personal choice and no one has the right to judge them, plain and simple.

Just adding isn't socializing. I've had plenty add me and then they don't say diddly to me.

If the world isn't going to collapse then why are you getting so upset over a topic?

Adding is not an attempt to socialize? I didn't know that sending a friend request was a "tool" that MFP has for fitness!??

Oh so instead of working on your computer you come here? Or is it you work for MFP. Either way everyone can make their own choice and their choice is what is right for them. Not Your rules.
    When traffic dies, you need to do something else. Can't stare at the screen like a zombie, you know.
    Who said I was making rules. You're reading too much into the internet lolol.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I only accept FR that include a message. I really couldn't care less if a person has a picture of themselves or has filled out their profile. Not everyone wants to share every last detail on the internet, especially us old folks.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just stated how above! Thank you :-)

I don't see where you answered it.

What if:

Someone sent your child "teenager" a friend request on a social network and that person had no picture? There wouldn't be no level of concern to you AT ALL???

Hmmm... sorry that I'd be a parent that would care enough to know who's talking to my child..

And please don't tell me your child "teenager" wouldn't be allowed to have a Facebook!!

Anyway, just because we are adults and assuming that most of us are smart adults, doesn't mean that you cant be a little cautious with who you socialize on the internet.

• Sinisterly
    Options
    I only accept FR that include a message. I really couldn't care less if a person has a picture of themselves or has filled out their profile. Not everyone wants to share every last detail on the internet, especially us old folks.
    35??? OLD?!?! SHENANIGANS!!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Avatars and "some kind" of picture is not a problem!! and MOST people that have no profile pic has NO info on their page either.

I have a friend that has no avatar or pic, but they socialize and are very supportive. I could care less what they look like.

I don't care how anyone looks like either because I'm not near perfect myself but I'd like to have a face match a name!

until they go and change their pic and then it gets all confusing.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I'm going to have to ask you to take your keyboard and get off my lawn. :angry:
  • iifym_girl
    iifym_girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm am not a pokemon to be collected.

haha.. those words right there made my day!
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Answering the original question, yes I probably would accept. I came here for motivation and I'll absorb any bit of it I can just like a sponge. I have learned to take what I can get since much like actual life I find it extremely hard to make friends online.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

I'm going to have to ask you to take your keyboard and get off my lawn. :angry:
    Bahahahaha I like you. :flowerforyou:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Just stated how above! Thank you :-)

I don't see where you answered it.

What if:

Someone sent your child "teenager" a friend request on a social network and that person had no picture? There wouldn't be no level of concern to you AT ALL???

Hmmm... sorry that I'd be a parent that would care enough to know who's talking to my child..

And please don't tell me your child "teenager" wouldn't be allowed to have a Facebook!!

Anyway, just because we are adults and assuming that most of us are smart adults, doesn't mean that you cant be a little cautious with who you socialize on the internet.

Terrible analogy

There are many things I'll do that I won't allow my kids to do
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options

I am not "trolling". It was just a topic to bring up. No hard feelings. You add whoever you like to your page and I'll add whoever I like to mine. :) There its settled!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    Options
    Avatars and "some kind" of picture is not a problem!! and MOST people that have no profile pic has NO info on their page either.

I have a friend that has no avatar or pic, but they socialize and are very supportive. I could care less what they look like.

I don't care how anyone looks like either because I'm not near perfect myself but I'd like to have a face match a name!

until they go and change their pic and then it gets all confusing.

THIS lol!!