What sort of water do you drink?

Options
paperpudding
paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
A discussion elsewhere just made me curious what MFPer's drink?

Most of us are trying to drink water every day - do you drink plain tap water or buy bottled water or drink rainwater?

Now I realize posters are from all different parts of the world and tap water quality varies.

In most parts of Australia (other than isolated outback areas on bore water) the tap water is very safe to drink and we are encouraged to do so.

I rarely drink it myself though - I nearly always drink rain water.
I occasionally buy bottled water - if I am out somewhere and forgot to bring some from home or am on holidays - and then I keep the bottles and re-fill from home with rain water. Each bottle is re-used many many times

Replies

• onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Tapwater smells and tastes super chlorine-y around here, so I have an ancient filter in the fridge that I keep filled and dispense it from that into cheap plastic bottles or a glass. I'm sure at this point, all it's doing is storing the water and the chlorine is just evaporating out, but I MUCH prefer it to straight tap-water. I also don't give it straight to the goldfish, I use some droplet things that get rid of chlorine. My husband drinks it though lol.
  • c410
    c410 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lived in California for 2 years and our water tasted horrible! Ever since I've gotten in the habit of filling a Brita filter pitcher and leaving it in the fridge. And bonus, the water is always nice and cold.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Tap. It tastes awesome here. Sometimes I do use a Brita though because it is colder after sitting in the fridge.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I drink distilled deionized rainwater from the Himalayas
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I only drink water that comes from a glacier and blessed by shamans. High quality H2O.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Should have invested in the bottled water business 20 years ago when I though it had some leg room.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options
    I only drink water that comes from a glacier and blessed by shamans. High quality H2O.
    And only from the drilled sites that bring water to the surface from 60,000 yrs ago......you can taste the difference.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to live where the tap water is yummy! :)
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Here the tap water has no taste and studies have been done on it that shows it's cleaner than the bottled stuff. I have afew re-usable bottles that I use, one I use almost every day holds roughly a litre so fill that up about twice a day and voila!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I drink water that contains fizzy bubbles of carbonation and is generally dark in color.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I like Sparkling Ice Crisp Apple water.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    oh the irony of my post....I boycotted buying bottled water out of convenience for many years...but my tap water is so damn awfulnow that it's unfit to drink. Even brita filters don't help. So I either get spring water from a friend who has a well, or when not avaliable I swallow my advocacy pride and buy 2.5 gallon jugs and just fill up my reusable bottle on the go.
  • autotek
    autotek Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    dasani water

i love it 6 to 8 bottles a day

i buy 24 to 30 cases at a time lol:bigsmile:
  • tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia too, but I buy bottled water. :-)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I drink water that contains fizzy bubbles of carbonation and is generally dark in color.

Ohhh.. I get it. .you carbonate water you get from here:
    http://www.blackwaterfalls.com/

ps.. I really wanna go there, can I come along on your next water jug refill expedition?
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Ice Mountain Bottled Spring Water (500ml size bottles)

Thinking of getting some kind of filter instead soon.... ish.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    Tap water here, otherwise bottled water when I'm out and forget my drink bottles.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    From the toilet
  • Jodyraedoula
    Jodyraedoula Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a water filter. I fill up glass watter bottles. I but the voss watter bottles and they last me any where from 1 day to 6 months. I lose stuff alot... Some times I use my soda stream to make gass water.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Tap water at home (filtered through our freezer's ice maker), my store's bottled spring water at work